If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    I logged on today after a 4 day break and I find it hard to want to do anything and I'm not sure if I'm burnt out on this or all games period
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    The new Rising event is kind of amazing.
    Spoiler:
    6XgykpJ.png?1

Praise Yoshi.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    If I can finally finish fixing my PC this weekend, I'll have to resub in time to play through The Rising 2 year anniversary event. From what I've read of the event, monks best get their suplex ready for patch 3.1.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    With me, I finally got my first Alexander drops!

Proly will be working on it again tomorrow; been trying to fix the gear again. Hopefully there will be more stuff too.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited September 2015
    VR support has been confirmed at the Sony pre tgs show
    sorry for the triple post but 3.1s release date is November 10th
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Finally, I have only logged into FFXIV today just for the Halloween event, and I probably won't relog until this patch. I ran outta things to do, so this is just what I need to jumpstart the love of the game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    No new Relic quests? For shame SE, for shame. I was looking forward to this all year, and you leave me hanging. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for those new weapons in the new Hard/EX trial.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    It seems the final bosses ex form is hard as nails

Milk will be happy
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    When I saw the roast turkey hat in the patch notes, I knew, Senn. I knew.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    Well, yeah. Obviously!
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I was only able to use a few hours of the free four days thanks to family visits and being out of town, but I used what time I had to do the FFXI event. I ended up successfully tanking the last two FATE bosses as a Warrior, possibly reigniting my love for WAR. It was a great blend of FFXIV with my FFXI memories.

After that, I decided to try Rogue for a bit and was enjoying that. I really need to quit putting it off and return for a bit to get through the 2.1+ stuff so I can start Heavensward. I was debating on this because of my annoying experiences trying to fight whichever HM primal is first after you finish 2.0's main questline. I think I'm ready, or will be soon, but I'm way behind and might need some help catching up. :)
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    I managed to hit 60 before 2016, so yay on that. I'm always up for screwing around with older stuff and helping out :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    FC still have a lot of active folks? Seemed like it from the last active stats on the FC, but I wasn't sure how often.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Seems like most of the usuals are still fairly active (though I guess some like 7th would've just done the free login period), though haven't really been on at the same time to be sure.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    I'd say there is no challenge in the main questline today that's as hard as the HM primals were in 2.0. All the tough HM/Ex primal fights are optional anyway, and I have no clue how 3.1 equipment has negated those challenges. I haven't replayed them since pre-HW.

In my last 2 login periods, there were maybe 4 FC people active at a time on average. Still a good group always willing to run content together even if it's more quiet than it has been in the past.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    With us; I'm nearly done getting the visible gear fixed on my whm. Glamored my current staff to look like my relic, since the whm eso staff is butt-ugly. (I do NOT like having a figurehead on a stick on my backside.) Almost done with books; don't know if I'll finish that old relic now, I proly will go straight to the new one, but if I do..it's going to be my staff glamor forevermore. (The new relic staff has the same butt-ugly problem. UGH.)

Also, our FC joined a FC alliance shell for smaller FCs so we can get stuff done faster. Been having a lot of fun with The Criminal Kitty Cult. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    7thCircle wrote: »
    I'd say there is no challenge in the main questline today that's as hard as the HM primals were in 2.0. All the tough HM/Ex primal fights are optional anyway, and I have no clue how 3.1 equipment has negated those challenges. I haven't replayed them since pre-HW.

In my last 2 login periods, there were maybe 4 FC people active at a time on average. Still a good group always willing to run content together even if it's more quiet than it has been in the past.

So it would be pretty easy to do the HM primals from 2.1+ now, since everyone would have 3.1+ gear and such, even level sync'd?
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited January 2016
    Right. By the time I returned during 2.5, the HMs added in 2.1-2.4 were already cakewalks. Plus, if the party wipes a couple of times, the Echo makes it completely trivial.

Also, it's adorable that your level 50 warrior is wearing a level 33 eye patch Severin made in summer 2013. Was that his masterpiece? I don't think he's crafted anything in over 2 years.
    Echo? I've missed those, so no idea what they are.

And yes, I was wearing the Paladin AF, but then when I was playing around with Warrior I decided to wear the eyepatch, because I like the look. :)
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Macstorm wrote: »

And yes, I was wearing the Paladin AF, but then when I was playing around with Warrior I decided to wear the eyepatch, because I like the look. :)

Echo is a buff you get if your party messes up too many times. Designed to help players progress quickly through content with fewer wasted runs.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Macstorm wrote: »

Echo is a buff you get if your party messes up too many times. Designed to help players progress quickly through content with fewer wasted runs.
    Yep, it can be handy for tough fights like the extreme primals. Sadly it also exists for the job/class quests, but that's a can of worms I won't open due to my own opinions on the playerbase and it's skill level.
    I've been gone since late November (aside from a brief stint during the 4 day free login event in December) and likely won't return until Patch 3.2 so I suppose I'm contributing any recent lack of activity in the FC. Hopefully, the FC logins on Leviathan will improve when that patch arrives since I'd love to gather members for an unsynced Binding Coils steamroll marathon. It may be old content, but I still desire to see the Final Coil and complete the story arc.
    There's really nothing to do ingame. I've currently just been logging in for the dailies for the slow process for the Anima weapons, but that's it. Only 2 dungeons, 1 EX Primal, 1 mini-questline, and the Diadem is not enough content. The patches before Heavensward were better about this, so I guess it may or may not pick up at 3.2. I hope it does, I don't want to end up leaving the game out of boredom.
    Well you won't have to wait much longer as 3.2 is coming feb 23
    Hildibrand's back, and so am I! Too bad his quest is so short, but oh well. I wish you could go tell Briardien Hildy's in town.
    ^ I was surprised to see a lack of new quests in the Scholasticate sidequest in patch 3.2. Perhaps we'll see more in patch 3.25. It would certainly make for an interesting and comical crossover if Hildy and Nashu appeared in the background during a cutscene with Briardien (with no direct interaction) similar to a seasonal event cutscene a while back.
    I expect all the different sidequest chains (Doman adventurer guild, scholasticate, Hildy) to end up colliding in some way. It'd explain why they're being so scattered with them at any rate.