If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    I'd love to gather members for an unsynced Binding Coils steamroll marathon. It may be old content, but I still desire to see the Final Coil and complete the story arc.

Same, but I wasn't sure if that was easy to accomplish yet during 3.0. Did you end up getting the Final Coil done? I'll be around for the free login period but won't be begging people to work carrying me through the Coils into their lives.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    from experience, T7 is still a pain even unsynced!
    edited March 2016
    Intriguing! Tonight instead of listening to FF14 music while playing Cold Steel, I listened to Turn 6-9 guides. I'll be cocky and say Turn 7's team coordination for inta-death mechanics doesn't sound much more complicated than Ramuh Ex. Turn 6 and 8 were more simple, plus an unsynced fight would shred through the phases and the party won't take much damage from attacks. Turn 9's level of coordination sounded a lot more troubling. If I'm feeling macho or bored, I might give 6 and 7 a synced whirl in DF during the free login period and see how that goes.
    To be fair, we didn't have many people for that run, and though we screwed up mechanics a fair bit I think the number of adds + how hard they still hit and how few people could tank them while still making progress on the boss itself was the biggest problem. Things just got too chaotic.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Intriguing! Tonight instead of listening to FF14 music while playing Cold Steel, I listened to Turn 6-9 guides. I'll be cocky and say Turn 7's team coordination for inta-death mechanics doesn't sound much more complicated than Ramuh Ex. Turn 6 and 8 were more simple, plus an unsynced fight would shred through the phases and the party won't take much damage from attacks. Turn 9's level of coordination sounded a lot more troubling. If I'm feeling macho or bored, I might give 6 and 7 a synced whirl in DF during the free login period and see how that goes.
    T9 is the single hardest boss fight from ARR. Mechanic city. Fail a mechanic, you wipe. There are at least 7 different mechanics going on during the fight, though luckily 2 of the hardest ones are during the first phase. The last hard one is during the last phase...as usual, Divebombs, except with triple dragons. T_T
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Well, it's been a long while but..

majestias got. I'll put up a screen later. PHEW. At least for now.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    To this day, I have only seen through T7 and began learning the early phases of T9 before the introduction of echo and the unsync option. T7 has been nerfed massively since many of the youtube guides were originally posted. The same goes for T6. The other day, some of us attempted T6 and T7 (cleared T6 but could only just reach the final phase of T7). Though we did only have a group of 6 (or 7?). Having a full party composition would have made the fights significantly easier.

As for T9... I assume by wipe mechanics in the first phase, you're referring to meteors (proper placement and usage) as that's one of the most prominent mechanics I can remember from my first jaunt into T9. I would expect the golems phase(s) to be considerably easier unsynced.

I won't be around for a couple weeks due to work, but I plan to return before the end of the month to catch the Hatching Tide event before it ends. We definitely need to continue Second Coil as i'm desperate to finally see Final Coil. At one time, I was tempted to build a new Linkshell devoted strictly to party-matchmaking for dead content such as Coil as PF groups typically die before they can fully form.
    Good fashion decisions.

j5syJTZ.png?1
    Patch 3.25 is out, new relic step seems pretty tame from what i'm hearing.

Notes- http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3339c6c4af71986aa4814a4e3a1aafbd928d98fa
    It would have to be after the last step, Doom. That last one was way too hellish, and I hope it gets a nerf soon. I do hope SE realizes that they need to focus on quantity over quality at this point, because 2 dungeons and a new primal are not enough. Hildebrand was only 2 quests, and I'm reaching the point where I'm seriously questioning whether or not I can follow the game anymore, there's just nothing to do that isn't repetitive. And this is coming from somebody who has played since 2.0.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    im starting to think i just dont enjoy playing FFXIV anymore, I should probably cancel my current sub that i got because i thought i would come back and play more after the new contend was released. The issue is there just isnt enough of stuff I actually want, a raid and a few dungeons isnt enough especially since the content isnt very good anyway.

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Back to FFXIV for a bit thanks to the free 96 hours. Going to level Ninja to try and remember how to play.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Feel free to prod me if you need someone to come and poke things with a stick :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    I hate that the free 96 hours are consecutive, because I would totally make better use of them if they weren't. Hope to be on some tonight, because last night didn't happen.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    3.3 was just announced for June 7th I believe
    Patch 3.3 official trailer is now available on the FFXIV Lodestone and YouTube. I have to say that while I enjoyed 3.2, I feel that 3.3 may be the best patch in the 3.X cycle. It appears to offer so much more side content than typical patches and may succeed in keeping players' attention once the Main Scenario Quest and dungeon/Void Saga grind becomes dull. At least, I hope that is true. Palace of the Dead and Aquapolis show potential to not fail in the way that the Diadem did.
    Glad to hear that. I got the same impression from patch 3.3 news, and the free login campaigns showed me that 3.1 and 3.2 didn't add much. My job is about to slow down a little before ramping back up at the end of the summer, and I was pondering whether I wanted to resub soon or wait several months. Unless something horrible happens at work, I'm settled on returning just before 3.3 hits so I can gear up a touch first.
    I'll probably be back soon as well (depending on how long the upcoming witcher DLC takes me, I guess.)
    edited July 2016
    Put some thought into coming back however can't even begin to think about what to do since I'm still in the early stages of 3.1. I do really miss playing with everyone.
    ^

Fortunately, there is a free 5 day login campaign currently underway and lasting until the end of August. Note though that eligibility requires account inactivity (unsubscribed) for at least 30 days). In a few more days, that condition will apply to me, and I'll most certainly be returning to take advantage of the 5 free days before resubscribing.

Now is probably a good time to try the game again with the introduction (and even more recently improved via hotfixes) of the Deep Dungeon, Palace of the Dead, as well as the first of three expected seasonal events in August (Yokai Watch cross-over, Moonfire Festival, and The Rising anniversary).
    Deep Dungeon's definitely worth it. I practically gush over it because of how casual and random it is. You start at Floor 1 at level 1, with your fixed or random party setup. And when I mean random, I mean I was in there with nothing but DPS random. You explore the floors, find treasure chests, and kill monsters to level up and activate the portal to the next floor. Silver chests are what you want. They upgrade your weapon/armor for the place permanently.

Every 10 floors is a boss. Once you kill the boss, you can either continue or head back to town. Either way, the game saves which floor set you're now on. 50 floors so far, they plan on there being at least 200. I had a lot of fun with this place and I run it often.
    Fortunately, there is a free 5 day login campaign currently underway and lasting until the end of August. Note though that eligibility requires account inactivity (unsubscribed) for at least 30 days). In a few more days, that condition will apply to me, and I'll most certainly be returning to take advantage of the 5 free days before resubscribing.

Now is probably a good time to try the game again with the introduction (and even more recently improved via hotfixes) of the Deep Dungeon, Palace of the Dead, as well as the first of three expected seasonal events in August (Yokai Watch cross-over, Moonfire Festival, and The Rising anniversary).

I was wondering if you're only eligible if your account has 30 days of inactivity before the campaign's start date, or before any date mid-campaign. I've read it both ways before. Guess I'll try and see sometime in August. I've yet to see a Moonfire or Rising event and would aim to knock out one of those, the Yokai event, and the Palace of the Dead during the free login. I didn't leave myself much to do after my last sub.
    edited August 2016
    Same. I've heard the eligibility works both ways. I can't find any explicit wording in the rules for the current free login campaign stating the 30 days must precede the start of the event. Also, I read on both the official forums and reddit that you can login midway through the event once hitting the 30 day requirement.

I guess I'll find out the truth on this upcoming Sunday since I plan to play again then. If it doesn't work, I may hold off a couple more weeks and resub in time for the Moonfire Festival and The Rising towards the end of August.

EDIT: I can now confirm that you can apply the 5 day free period as soon as 30 days have expired since your subscription ended. The 30 days did not have to pass before the start of the free login period.
    Thanks for that. If you resub afterward I'll see you later this month!
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    I plan for do some logging in at some point this month. If only for sentai poses and gear.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    I figure I'll use this, but I imagine it will go like this. Login and start more 2.1+ missions, give up and level Rogue/Ninja instead.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    The event with the sentai is a laugh riot, ESPECIALLY if you saw the Power Rangers even once. I nearly fell off my chair, lol.

I'll prolly do some stuff there a bit more just to get the poses and the rest of the gear. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members

Probably one of the most awesome battles in Sentai history
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    I just skipped the starting and quitting of 2.1+ missions and just started working on Rogue. Went from 17 to 27 in just a few hours, so I'll consider that a win. Dungeons are my favorite still, but randoms still suck. Basically everything is as I remember.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Thanks for that. If you resub afterward I'll see you later this month!

I'll probably resub later this month in time to catch the Moonfire Festival before it ends as well as take part in the upcoming Rising even I expect in the last week or so of August. There's really not much else to do until 3.4 except finish the last bit of my i240 relic and possibly craft to earn gil in case they expand housing again in 3.4.