If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• RockkoRockko Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Hell, I'll prolly just end up fishing all the time, I tend to get a tad obsessive about these things sometimes...
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2013
    Gotten every class to at least level 30 and into their job over the past 5 days, save for GLA and MRD. I've been leveling GLA in the Duty Finder, where I'm come to feel dread whenever I see certain classes in the instance with me.

THM/BLM and ARC/BRD? I'm not going to be able to hold aggro.
    ACN and SMN? They're going to summon Topaz Carbuncle on me and make it very hard for me to actually tank.
    SCH? They're going to be stupid and stand next to me the entire time I'm tanking...and their fairy is going to steal aggro from time to time.
    CNJ/WHM? They're going to DPS most of the time instead of heal, and when they do heal, they'll spam Medica instead of Cure when I'm the only one hurt (thus gaining massive aggro).

This is just from what I've encountered in the 25 runs TODAY ALONE.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2013
    CNJ/WHM? They're going to DPS most of the time instead of heal, and when they do heal, they'll spam Medica instead of Cure when I'm the only one hurt (thus gaining massive aggro).

Awwww, you should have leveled with me back when I was playing. I played cautiously and only DPSed when the tank was obviously able to survive a while without being cured.

I rarely used Medica outside of emergencies, but in my entire playthrough including a week of nothing but postgame DFs I only had someone fuss at me for Medica spamming once. I saw it as the tank's fault, given it was Titan HM and I had been healing on it the same way for days without drawing aggro or winning.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited December 2013
    I don't mind the use of Medica if the whole party is damaged, like against the final boss of the Haukke Manor normal mode. It's when only one person is damaged...they could be casting Cure during that instead, as it does the same job for 1/4 of the aggro of Medica. I also don't mind the DPS...but when my HP is nearing half health, I want to see healing, because any lower and it won't be pretty. These bad healers actually waited until the last second to heal, usually with me at 50 HP or less.

I've had a few runs where I gave out 0 commendations because nobody had earned it, because the healer was one of those last second healers, and the two DPS were pretty bad. I'm talking an Arcanist not using DoTs, and a Lancer not buffing his attack with Heavy Thrust or moving around to give bonuses to the various attacks, just standing in front of the monster with me attacking there. This crap is happening in Halatali with level 28+ players btw, they should know better than this.

EDIT: Also, I've encountered a glitch that only happens once. I never knew Savage Blade existed for a GLA, which increases enmity gained. Simply because when I hit level 4 last week, there was no notification for it and it never appeared on the hotkeys. So I've actually been doing inefficient tanking until I was told today that it's a skill you gain at level 4.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2013
    Been listening to the podcasts and chatting with one or two people via Twitter for a while, but only just joined both the Boards and ARR. (Was going cheap on PS3 at Amazon UK)

Currently on Leviathan as Chimarea Riverchaser.
    Ah, I'm sorry that I missed this post earlier. If you want an invite to the FC, I'll keep an eye out for you so I can send you an invite. However, given that you're in the UK, you might be better off finding Severin or Quin. I hope you enjoy the game, and welcome to the boards.
    edited December 2013
    I've recently been neglecting poor Kaye in favour of my excalibur alt, I assure you all there's a perfectly good rea-

9u0SKMC.jpg?1

I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY AF
    TOO SEXY FOR MY AF
    TOO SEXY BY HALF

Yeah... At some point on my Archer I was running around in what basically amounted to ***-less chaps... My wife glanced up and asked: exactly what sort of "role-playing" are we doing here?
    edited December 2013
    Yesterday I managed to get the final classes to their respective jobs, so now every class is level 30+. I really need to take a healer and a tank to level 50 and fully deck them out, just so I can say I've done so, and have some back-ups just in case I need them.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2013
    My Dragoon is now more or less decked out in full Dl now so I should really get to work on HM primals for my relic, but.... I bought an Obelisk just to be different, and this thing is WAY cooler then the relic, it's got prongs that fold out and everything!
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited December 2013
    Yesterday I managed to get the final classes to their respective jobs, so now every class is level 30+. I really need to take a healer and a tank to level 50 and fully deck them out, just so I can say I've done so, and have some back-ups just in case I need them.
    I thought you were giving me crap for wanting to do that, saying you'd never do it. :P

I say go for it!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited December 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    I thought you were giving me crap for wanting to do that, saying you'd never do it. :P

I say go for it!
    I started working on Scholar (and subsequently Summoner, since they both share the same base class level). I'm actually having the most fun with these two out of all the other classes. It's fun throwing Bio II, Bio, and Miasma onto an enemy before using Bane to toss those same conditions to the other enemies nearby, as well as having Ifrit just beat the crap out of enemies. Scholar, if you ever decide to do it, just remember, the faerie isn't there to do all the work for you, consider it your helper to help do your job better. Keep Eos out if you're healing in 4 mans, her AoE mag def and AoE HP regen buffs are too good to not use. Selene is really only there for 8 man groups IMO, since she has a silence and a spell speed up. Plus keep it on Obey, because being able to throw those out at the needed time can save lives.
    edited January 2014
    My Excalibur FC got their house... currently the only one in the Butte!

DkGcdkV.png?1

A truly magnificent place...

JKcDnzS.png?1

vQd5pd9.png?1

L8G7q70.png?1
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    My Excalibur FC got their house... currently the only one in the Butte!

DkGcdkV.png?1

You STILL don't have your relic?!

Also, nice house.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited January 2014
    Relics are for wimps
    edited January 2014
    Relics are for wimps
    LIES! They are so awesome that they're now getting outclassed by the prize for completing all the extreme mode primal fights unless you're using the Zenith variation!
    edited January 2014
    I actually only need Titan HM for the relic but... Titan HM. As an example of how quickly i proceed through content i only just did my first Ct today (it's easy, but i got jack ****)
    edited January 2014
    I actually only need Titan HM for the relic but... Titan HM. As an example of how quickly i proceed through content i only just did my first Ct today (it's easy, but i got jack ****)
    Ahh Titan, the hardest primal PERIOD. Garuda is easy once you know how she works, and Ifrit is just as easy. Titan though...lag once and it's over. It's why I hate that fight, it's too much stuff you have to watch out for AT THE SAME TIME. Even experienced parties have problems with him due to all the stuff you have to avoid. Bomb phase? Grats, he's going to Landslide your location before you can move away from the explosion. Weight of the Land? Grats, he just aimed for everybody in just the right way to where one person will die guaranteed.
    edited January 2014
    Well, the RPGamer Leviathan FC finally hit rank 6 pretty recently, so we can probably start discussing whether we're going to invest in an FC house or not. So, its informal poll time.

Anyone interested please answer the following questions.

1) Where would you prefer to have an FC house built?

and

2) How much Gil are you willing to contribute to this cause?

We're going to need quite a bit of Gil to get it built, which may be a problem given how few of us seem to be regularly playing on Leviathan at the moment (come on, join us!).

Personally, I'm fine with either building it in the Lavender Beds or in the part of the Goblet near the pond area. I think I can contribute around 500k Gil for this, and I think my brother can match that.

So, anyone else interested?
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    I think I've got around 100K sitting with a retainer, you're welcome to use that although I doubt it's going to contribute all that much :P

Also I've finally got Dragoon to the same point where I left with Bard so I'm at a point where I can clear Stone Vigil off my quest list after about two months. Y'know, when I can be bothered to actually get round to it ^^
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited January 2014
    Meanwhile in Excalibur...

Qnl6PRK.png

Got my relic finally. Titan ended up being a bit of a let-down really, and though a big part of that was my group being good enough they could have won had I stood around doing nothing (love my FC), I actually found dodging everything to be really easy for the most part. I did die once to weight of the land because I got distracted at the absolute worst possible time, but other than that hiccup I didn't find it particularly hard... though I imagine trying to do it through DF is another matter entirely.

STfNzOH.png

I think the best part of our house is the jumping puzzle we set up with lawn ornaments that lets us get up to this otherwise inaccessible balcony.

Anyway, I need to log back in as Kaye one of these days to see how you're all doing. I must have a bajillion rested experience points to earn by now.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    If we're planning to buy/build a FC house on Leviathan, I better start crafting again to save money. At the moment, I don't even have 100k to my name, but given some time, I could build up enough to contribute 100-150k, which I know is hardly a dent in the overall cost.

In other news, I finally got relic+1 ony my bard yesterday. Now, it's time to finally beat Hauke Manor HM and Pharos Sirius, not to mention the moogle king and extreme primals... The list goes on. There will never be an end to this game while my backlog of console rpgs grows.
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I haven't been playing on Leviathan as much, as I'm trying to finish the game off on Excalibur, and I'm finding that I prefer healing to tanking. That said, every time I try to get on Leviathan, the FC seems empty. If there's a good time when many others are on, I could set that aside for playing around over there. I'm mostly on late night, 10pm or later MST until 1-2AM MST.
    edited January 2014
    kazriko wrote: »
    I haven't been playing on Leviathan as much, as I'm trying to finish the game off on Excalibur, and I'm finding that I prefer healing to tanking. That said, every time I try to get on Leviathan, the FC seems empty. If there's a good time when many others are on, I could set that aside for playing around over there. I'm mostly on late night, 10pm or later MST until 1-2AM MST.
    Well, sadly, there are not that many of us around playing outside of a small group... I think it is usually busiest around the afternoon PST, with things going pretty quiet by the evening. My own playtimes are pretty random, going anywhere from noon to about 9 PM, though never that whole time all at once. :P I'm playing pretty much every day, though.
    edited January 2014
    Typically, I'm on from 4:30 to 10:00 PM EST every day with a few scattered breaks. Even while I'm away, my character is staring off into space somewhere in the Leviathan game world.

Interestingly, I notice in the Free Company members list that there are a number of players on at least once every couple of days; yet, I've never seen them.
    edited January 2014
    I've got my zenith, now for myth armour. It would probably help if I'd stop getting 90k's in dungeons... got one just before we beat the last boss of copperbell HM tonight, and couldn't log back in. No myth for me!
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    On the days I'm on it's usually a few hours somewhere between 6pm-12am GMT (1-7pm EST), although I'm a bit sporadic. Not been on much this week due to a combination of illness and being busy and the fact I've currently got a review game means that'll take priority for the next one/two most likely.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited January 2014
    I just hit 30 arcanist and did the scholar quest. I haven't been playing the game very socially due to playing it currently on a ps3 with no keyboard, not fun... Well I finally got a USB keyboard plugged in which makes it a little more bearable. I'm not going to do anything too strenuous until I start playing on the PC though. Years of raiding in WoW with a keyboard and mouse make using a controller a bit frustrating. Anyway, I'm on Leviathan and not in a FC, so I'd certainly like to hang out in y'all's for the time being. I don't have much in the way of money as I'm rather new to the game and still leveling, but I'll contribute what I can to housing. Just don't expect any end-game raiding or the like, I'm done with those days. FFXIV is my retirement, though I have been queuing up and healing PUG dungeon runs. Sigh...
    edited February 2014
    Ugh, I'm reminded how much I hate Aurum Vale (more like Aurum HELL). Things kill you faster here than in the level 50 dungeons, the 2nd boss has no AoE red line/circle signals at all, and if you're a SCH, your faerie dies way too fast, gimping your overall healing ability.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 2014
    In case the few RPGamers who still log on are unaware, I basically stopped playing because my internet began to constantly disconnect me a few months back, and I just dont have the energy to seek alternate places to play anymore. Especially since I completed everything there was to do besides own a house or whatever. I'm sure Twin and Lucas gathered that much by now, but for anyone else, thats the story.
    edited February 2014
    I'm typically on every day, faithfully. However, my area is under a state of emergency without power for the next several days so I won't be on until next week.
    edited February 2014
    Just to let you all know, my brother and I will be taking a break from the game for a while. Our current subscription is due to run out in the next few days, and we're taking that as a chance to walk away for a bit, play some other games, and not worry about gathering our weekly allotment of tomestones. To be honest, I was hoping to get a little bit further into the endgame than I have in this time, but what can I say? Titan Hard Mode is a giant pain in the neck.

We'll almost certainly be back for patch 2.2, and maybe earlier if a seasonal event looks interesting enough.