If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2014 Completed Games List.

1353637383941»

Comments

• SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited March 2015
    Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
    Pokemon Dream Radar (3DS)

Sorry for the late edit, I was going through my old posts and saw that this one was incomplete. It may have happened during the site move.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2015
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) lived up to the hype and more. It's the best take on Assassin's Creed mechanics ever, leaving out or fixing all the little things that bug me in the AC games while adding an awesome unique enemy system that I hope gets stolen and incorporated into more games soon. I enjoyed it so much, after completing the campaign I goofed off in the world for another 15 hours.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2015
    Year is almost over and it looks like my first 2015 finished game will be for iOS. I feel dirty. :)
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited January 2015
    Last game of 2014 for me is Mega Man II (Game Boy). Kind of glad I only paid a buck fifty for it on 3DS, because that was shockingly short.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • ironmageironmage chaotic neutral observer SaskatoonFull Members
    edited January 2015
    I just finished Persona Q (3DS), on the P3 path. That boss battle was a foot-stompin' good time, and the culmination of a really good game. The bad news is that my expectations for Persona 5 are now so high that they're completely unachievable.

Final party was P3MC, Aigis, P4MC, Mitsuru, and Naoto. You don't usually think of SMT games as having a tank, but Aigis' high defense rating, combined with some of her higher-level abilities, made her a natural front-row fighter. Naoto, though... This game was a little bit longer than it needed to be, but around the time the battle system was beginning to drag,
    Spoiler:
    the Lilith I had equipped as Naoto's sub learned "Impure Reach", and Naoto's instant kill rate went from "good" to "horrifying". She must have killed 90% of the enemies in the last couple labyrinths.
    Without Naoto, the game would have probably taken me another 5 hours.

This game had really good level design. Complex enough to keep it interesting, but not so complex as to cause frustration, and carefully structured so that even if you skip out in the middle of a level, you don't have to backtrack much. I can't imagine how much design (and testing!) they must have had to do to polish it to that point. None of the puzzles felt like filler; even when they were built on previous puzzles, they were still unique enough to be interesting.

The story was very much back-loaded; it doesn't really get going until the last labyrinth, but it was still worth the wait. The characters are mostly true to the form of P3 and P4, although some of their traits were exaggerated a little for comedic effect (as if the chibi graphical designs were applied to their personalities as well). I think this game is a safe recommendation for all P3/P4 fans, but I'm not sure how much someone who is unfamiliar with the series will get out of it.

The music was quite good. Perhaps the music is different depending on the selected path, but most of the "home" themes were either direct rearrangements from P3, or sounded very P3ish. The labyrinth music varied every couple floors or so, which helped keep it interesting. Although much of the music doesn't appear to be written by Meguro, the music is still consistent with the style of the Persona series. (It's a bit less spectacular than Meguro, but also less likely to tire the listener out after much repetition). Was it Atsushi Kitajoh who did most of the music? I wouldn't complain if they brought him on for P5.
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven (Tales of Vesperia)
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Year is almost over and it looks like my first 2015 finished game will be for iOS. I feel dirty. :)

You should :p
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2015
    ironmage wrote: »
    (as if the chibi graphical designs were applied to their personalities as well)

Ha! That's a cute way to put it, and very accurate. I thought that the P3 crew was made more crazy and single-minded while the already crazy P4 crew was made more immature. That way the combined group as a whole was on an equal level of childish zaniness. Teddie's the only disappointment for me. They toned him down too much to unmascotify him, and he's too different from how he acted in P4.

Unfortunately, the game was too long for me to finish in 2014. I'm not even at the last dungeon yet, despite pre-ordering it and starting it right away.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (PS3)
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Finished Spec Ops: The Line: PS3 just in the nick of time. I'm surprised at how good the character interaction was and a solid war shooter as well. Worth the play.
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Loved every second of this game. Makes me wanna play A Link To The Past again. I hope we see more Legend of Zelda games in this style.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    So... are we not doing this in 2015 now? I saw a temp thread go up but now I can't seem to find it. If we are, I want a placeholder for my forgetful self.

EDIT:

Removed since the 2015 list is up now. :D
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2015
    There was a slight ...issue when one of the staff tried to merge the temp and official threads so a new one needs to be made (we'll leave that entirely to FB this time so there no chance of any screw ups). Any temp posts will need to be made again after the new thread is created.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    If we can still add games for the 2014 list ill add in theatrhythm final fantasy curtain call 3DS, I mean I did the last boss, I think whichever the last boss was.
    borderlands the presequal PC, tales from the borderlands PC and dark souls 2 with all the dlcs PS3/PC, Abyss Odyssey PS3, Sacred 3 PC, Drakengard 3 PS3 not all endings mind but enuff to call it complete and
    The Banner saga PC looking forward to the sequel, I really wished id backed the KS now.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2015
    OK, the 2014 list has been finished, since I had the time for it last night. I'm sorry to steal your thunder, Ombres. I have been told by Strawberry Eggs that I forgot to tally the year average figures at the bottom, so ignore those for now! This is will be updated one last time at the end of this month. Any corrections need to be pointed out by then.

P.S.: I am aware that there are some style issues with the bolds and italics. I have already addressed that in the master doc, so it'll be fixed when updated later.

P.S.S.: If you notice a game missing and it's a Pokemon game, that's due to the data transfer. I occasionally saw posts that only said "Pok" (Ombres had a post like that, I recall). Please just let me know which version you played, and I will add it to the list. And yes, it only did this to Pokemon posts. Even mine, though it was only curtailed in sentence 2.

• NimNim _ Full Members
    Hey, Clix, a correction. I've completed 60 games, not 58. The funny thing is that you have all 60 games listed already, so nothing's missing. Just the number 58 is wrong.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    OK, the 2014 list has been finished, since I had the time for it last night. I'm sorry to steal your thunder, Ombres.
    it is quite fine, thanks for doing it, I was just trying to help, thanks again for all your hard work!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
    Nim wrote: »
    Hey, Clix, a correction. I've completed 60 games, not 58. The funny thing is that you have all 60 games listed already, so nothing's missing. Just the number 58 is wrong.

Thanks, I should have quickly tallied things up before posting. Looks like you and about three others had slightly-off totals. I think that I have fixed things for the update.
    Final warning: The thread will be closed out in two weeks. Please make doubly sure everything is correct, except for mistakes already present and mentioned. This is especially important if you completed any kind of Pokemon game. Most posts with the word Pokemon were corrupted and severely truncated.
This discussion has been closed.