If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Why No Source?

The Big BangThe Big Bang MemberFull Members
edited May 2003 in Site & Forum Support
I was just wondering in recent news articles, nobody credits a source...Why is that?

Comments

• chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited May 2003
    If the news comes from a press release or if we receive it direct from a company, there is no other source for it.
  • The Big BangThe Big Bang Member Full Members
    edited May 2003
    I just saw a news article that looked almost identical to an article in IGN. Just the words were altered a bit. I was just curious. That's all
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited May 2003
    My guess would be the stories were written from the same press release, although I don't know. For a more definitive answer, I would email the author of the story in question.
  • HyperMechaHyperMecha Member Full Members
    edited May 2003
    Rabid plagiarism!

I dunno, I think the Associated Press puts out like a bulletin that any news sources can quote. I'm not sure about credit though, they should really note the source.
  • CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited May 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" dunno, I think the Associated Press puts out like a bulletin that any news sources can quote.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Err... Okay. I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything, but it's good to know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm not sure about credit though, they should really note the source.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Which we do if information doesn't come from a press release or official company source. Handily enough, we do occasionally break stories as well. Anyhow, since this particular thread will only continue to go around in circles, it's done. If you have concerns with a particular story, email the author.
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!
This discussion has been closed.