If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules
. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread
SEH is starting a new RPG CONSOLE studio
The highlights are as follows:
The job postings are for: Battle Director, Event Director, Lead Planner, Battle Planners, Lead Programmer, Programmers, Marketing Director, Technical Artists, Lead Effects Designer, Lead Animator, Lead 3DCG Character Designer, Lead 3DCG Environment Designer, Lead Menu Designer.
They're asking for experience working with Unity.
''For all the adventures we played as children, we can now make new ones as adults.''
Some important things to consider:
1. Kitase's recent remarks
about the wrong direction of Square Enix, and how he wants to restore FF to it's former glory
2. Kitase not yet disclosing what his current project is
3. Square Enix's surprise at the success
of Bravely Default, a classic console-style RPG and how they'd like to re-focus on that type of game experience
4. The new Mana producer's desire to move the series back to consoles
"where it belongs"
5. No job listing for director, producer, scenario writer, character designer, or concept artist, suggesting all of those positions are currently in place (and probably held by transfers from the main studio)
6. The recruitment very specifically refers to the development of new RPGs for home consoles that are reminiscent of classic home console RPGs
Dare we hope? It's nearly everything I've been wanting from Square, which makes me incredibly skeptical. Share your thoughts!