If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Review - Gauntlet

7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the RealmRPGamer Staff
edited October 2014 in Latest Updates
Sometimes in life you need food badly. Other times you desire sustenance of a different nature, and all the roast turkey in the world will still leave you unsatisfied.

Review
The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited October 2014
    This game was fun to play for about 15 minutes with my spouse at Toronto Fan Expo (nobody was waiting for a turn!), but we were about done with it after that. Sounds like we made an accurate assessment of the game.
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • NekobasuNekobasu RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    Seconded. An expansion could expand on most of the game's lacks, but why bother?

Edit: Other than Questor being a cool dude.
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    About what I expected.

As much as the idea of Gauntlet with online play intrigues me, its 2014. They need to bring more than nostalgia to the table.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    A decent story mode might have convinced me to buy this. No such luck. I'll stick to working through my Steam backlog.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    In a day and age where Pac Man CE DX+ has completely revitalized that particular classic (I keep this game installed on every platform I can), it's a shame they couldn't do something better with Gauntlet. BTW...if y'all haven't played PMCEDX+, you need to do so. ASAP. Man.... I cannot get enough of this game!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!