The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Episode 6: You're Just Gonna Play Destiny - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week on Q&A Quest Mike Moehnke joins us to discuss old NES era RPGs. We also discuss a variety of more current topics.

Episode 6: You're Just Gonna Play Destiny - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• Morgan19Morgan19 Member Full Members
    Completely off-topic, but it's something I've been meaning to ask every time I see one of these pop up: what are the origins of the Q&A Quest artwork (banner and icon)? Is it from a particular game?

http://www.rpgamer.com/qaquest/qaquest.png
    http://www.rpgamer.com/qaquest/qaquest.gif

Thanks!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    it's from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • TexTex Member Full Members
    edited June 2015
    I just listened to this today (busy week!). I've got a question and a fun story, related to the bit about Ultima 1 through 3's... uh... we'll call it questionable design choices.

I work as reference staff in an archive, which mostly involves doing historical research on nineteenth and twentieth US and Texas history for people remotely. We keep a lot of people's papers and collections, though, beyond various famous historical figures, writers, and politicians. This includes Richard Garriott; you can see the index to his papers here.

His "Early Design Material" includes the stuff that inspired Ultima and its predecessor, Akalabeth. It prominently includes materials for his D&D game, which are one and the same. We had some of it on display for awhile when we had a case with various parts of our very cool video game materials there.

And now, for a question or two!

What's this story about Wizardry 4's development process?

Secondly, for someone who has never done a Roguelike but wants to try, what's a good one to start with?