If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Playism Goes on an Artifact Adventure

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Another indie title is available in English, this one offering up retro-themed open-world experience. Artifact Adventure is available directly from Playism now, with a release on Steam set for tomorrow.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited May 2015
    Maybe it's just me, but as good as this looks the proportional font *really* shatters the illusion that this could have been an NES game.

Edit: Looking at it again, it looks like the letters are monospace but the punctuation is proportional. Weird!
  • NekobasuNekobasu RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    It's also weird the letter "P" is capitalized in this font. That's caught me up a few times.

That said, I'm having a good time playing it. Combat doesn't drag, and I feel happy when the numbers go up.
  • Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    A lot of old games have characters with descenders (j, g, p, q, y) raised by a pixel or two (example: FF1 http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/finalfantasy/ff1/ff1well.png) But yeah, it's done especially poorly here.