If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

A New Final Fantasy Adventure in Development

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
edited June 2015 in Latest Updates
Seiken Densetsu has moved on from its original roots as a Final Fantasy spinoff. However, it appears that a new title is under development stemming from the first game from 1991, known in North America as Final Fantasy Adventure.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    ...We're not getting this in the West are we?
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    What? Seiken Densetsu started as an FF spinoff? I thought Final Fantasy Adventure was just the US name.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    That's right. It's not like SaGa, where they slapped Final Fantasy on the box to make it sell better. In Seiken Densetsu's case, rather than having "Final Fantasy" be the subtitle, it became the title
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Well, whatever. That series has always been Secret of Mana & Friends to me, because not a single game in the series is even close to SoM and I doubt there ever will be.
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited June 2015
    Well, whatever. That series has always been Secret of Mana & Friends to me, because not a single game in the series is even close to SoM and I doubt there ever will be.

What about Seiken Densetsu 3?

And lol whoever made the entry.

"A popular Mana game... that we didn't get. "

• PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited June 2015
    Judging from the characters introduced, this is going to be another remake.

In case people had forgotten, Sword of Mana was already a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure.

Dark Lord and Julius The Dragon and Big Bad of both of these games. Shadowknight certain looks a bit like Dark Lord did, and clearly Julius is himself.

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    The original on the gameboy was one of the few games where I had to complete start over. I saved while I was poisoned and loading my save would give me a game over, since I had no items or ways to cure myself at the time.
  • VeghabeVeghabe Does Not Own a PS4 Full Members
    SD 3 SNES never got released outside of Japan so the only way to play it and not in Japanese is via translated patches.

However of all the SD games I did play in english SD 2 (Secret of Mana) is easily the best game in the series I found the SD games starting with the english version of Legend of Mana (PS1) to be too boring to play even for its battles only.
    imercenary wrote: »

What about Seiken Densetsu 3?

I never enjoyed Seiken Densetsu 3. I played a considerable amount of it when it was fan translated, probably near all of it, but I never really liked it. The battle system was similar to SoM, but it felt off. I would say the changes that were made were for the worse. The story was significantly worse, seemingly randomly spliced together depending on the characters you chose. The worst part about the gameplay though was that it was significantly and annoyingly harder than Secret of Mana and in a way that I can't understand anyone enjoying. As best I recall, I remember some boss battles taking near an hour because of the high HP and comparatively low damage the heroes did... and even regular enemies suffered from the absurd HP inflation. Even if I was doing something wrong, I don't forgive the creators, because it wasn't made clear. No, I do not in away consider SD3 to be a game that came close to SoM, and frankly, playing it I understood why it was never brought over in the first place. Honestly, I probably prefer Legend of Mana over SD3.

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I enjoyed Secret of Evermore, especially in the last level as the dog
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    SD3 was cool in the different characters and stories (and it looked way better than SoM) but the last dungeon for all three paths always stumped me - needed lots of leveling up. Everything also seemed like it was pretty laggy.

Legend of Mana's gameplay left a lot to be desired (especially all the various things that were practically impossible to discover without a guide), the battles were generally way too easy, but the overall aesthetic and style was brilliant. Great soundtrack as well.