If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2015 Completed Games List (Part 2)

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Lamia Must Die(PC)

a little rpg that all is about is to pick your team and beat the final boss, it free on steam and did have fun doing it.
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2015
    Borderlands GOTY Edition (PS3)

Having beaten this and all of its DLC, I can say for a fact that Borderlands 1 is hard to sit through for the main "story". I say that because it's pretty non-existent, with most of the quests leading you here and there, in an attempt to get to the Vault and unlock it. There are a few things here and there in terms of story, for the most part it's missing, with very few commentary by anybody on the Echo.

The beginning is pretty long as well, with most of the quests taking place on the same map until it sends you elsewhere, which by that point you will most likely be at least level 18, meaning half of what you would be when you beat the game usually. It gets a little fun after that, with the pace picking up and you entering maps and rarely returning to the old ones.

Once you hit the DLC (with the exception of Mad Moxxi's Underdome, which hurts so bad that I will avoid speaking of it), it gets fun and starts to feel like the series we know and love. In The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, you start seeing the humor you expect from the series along with a short story dealing with, of course, zombies. This DLC is about 4 hours at the most, so while not long, it does give that pleasing flavor the main quest of the game is missing.

In The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, you get that epic storyline the main game was missing complete with humor, though the lack of having Fast Travel between the various areas of this DLC shows due to having to drive between maps constantly. The constant backtracking helped get this DLC stretched out to about 8 hours.

Finally, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution is what we truly expect from the series. Humor everywhere, a good story, and quite a lot of epic battles (the last one being the best in the entire game, all DLC included). This one was also short, and once again I clocked a completion at about 4 hours.

Overall, I'd say the game suffers horribly due to the story not being here, but the DLC helps salvage it overall, at least in my book. However, I will not be replaying this, unless a remake comes along that fixes most of the problems with this game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited September 2015
    Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (PC)

A big step down from SQ2. It's cool that Sierra went for a non-linear world design like Leisure Suit Larry but the puzzles are too easy (besides a few at the very beginning of the game, weirdly) and there's barely enough plot to tie them together. Plus the mini-games are back with a vengeance, and they're almost as bad as they were in SQ1. Maybe the engine improvements and cutscene were enough to make this game seem impressive back in 1989, but I don't see a whole lot worth praising now.

EDIT: Having had a bit more time to think about this game, I was probably being a bit too hard on it. The front-ended difficulty put me on it's bad side, but it does have some good points. There are a few fun characters, and the high(er) res art really brings that out. I think the parser may have also received a few upgrades, or the designers wrote better feedback, because I spent less time playing "guess the verb" in this one. But yeah, still a weaker game than SQ2 overall.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited September 2015
    Finished New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U).

Overall I found the game somewhat unremarkable. It was an okay Mario platformer that served reasonably well as a rental to kill some time. For every level that was fun, it seemed like there were 1 or 2 completely forgettable ones as well. Not bad by any means, but not that great either.
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    MGSV stuff

Agreed! Though i must admit part of me is tickled by a game called The Phantom Pain feeling like its missing something.

'I can still feel my Episode 51... and my Camp Omega return... It's like they're all still there!'

Yeah its kinda funny, but thats a pretty cheap excuse to basically cut the chronological ending. In some ways the more I think about MGS5, the less I like it. Playing through 90% of it was amazing, but the ultimate pay out just wasn't there at the end. Kojima really is a genius to be able to justify a game with missing pieces by pointing to the overall theme. Feels like no one else on earth would get away this :P. Even Ground Zeroes should have been included in the overall package.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1: PS Vita

Got this on the flash sale a little back and spent sometime playing it. Mostly enjoyed it. Loved the way it was touched up and may a bit more bearable then the first. Can't wait to attempt the second one
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Until Dawn (PS4) - Loved this game just for the sheer amount of choices you had. I think getting a "perfect" playthrough on your first time without a guide should be a serious award.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Phantasy Star IV (Xbox 360)
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (PC)

It's meant as an homage to Sierra's Quest for Glory series, yet manages to be better than most of those games combined.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Kirby's Dream Course: SNES. You know what, this game was actually awesome. I passed it off for so many years as a stupid "golf" Kirby but I had some time to kill in class so I started it and after learning the mechanics in the first 10 minutes I found I couldn't put it down.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4 - Escape Plan Bravo (PC)

Lotta surprises and weirdness in this one. Big implications for Borderlands 3.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Grandia II Anniversary Edition (PC) finished off. Is good, full review coming soon.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited September 2015
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS) - fun game with unmemorable music. But hey, Vocaloid Puyo Puyo!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag + Freedom's Cry DLC (PS3) --- Platinum Trophy

I finally went back and completed my 2013 playthrough and got all of the trophies. I also got most of the online DLC trophies, though one still alludes me. I also replayed Freedom Cry, but this time as the add-on version instead. So, yay, I got to double up on some trophies. This is my 11th Platinum Trophy, so I'm quite happy. That said, the last trophy was bogus. You would think the Lv 55 in multiplayer would be the worst trophy. NOPE. The worse was the "share discoveries" trophy. Seems that my old 2013 profile data was glitched. So, this morning, I deleted it and started the game up again to forcefully reboot the profile. This fixed the glitch and allowed me to properly discovery white wales, royal convoys, and social chests. So, I just spent all morning sailing, trying to find them. I ultimately used a YT channel that had all social chests locations and finally found one in Kingston. Hurray.
  • FoxConfessorFoxConfessor London, EnglandFull Members
    Finished Far Cry 4 (PS3) yesterday. I didn't enjoy it as much as Far Cry 3, but it had a pretty good story and Troy Baker was really great as Pagan Min. I did have fun hunting down all the masks of Yalung, even though there's not really a great incentive in doing so. I didn't really care for the Shangri-La portions - they were a bit too drawn out for my liking, but the main Golden Path story was interesting, especially choosing a side (I went with Amita)
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (3DS). I've got mixed feelings about this one. Expect a review in the next few days.
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation - PSVita

Fun little romp still only got the normal ending but I can live with that on a first playthrough
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Working my way through the series, also thinking of replaying the PS3 versions
    sig.gif

lolwhoops wrote: »
    then you gotta at least do the Holy Sword ending, since it's not in the PS3 games. They added it to Re;Birth2 because there was a lot of funk over the Conquest ending.

Maybe later playthrough had to delete the game to make room my the memory card sadly. Ionly have 2 8 gigs card. One I bought for the Vita the other one came with the PS TV

sig.gif

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita) - If you love Persona 4 or music games, get this.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    Legends of Eisenwald (PC) - dragged on a bit towards the end, but it was a pretty good SRPG.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2015
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited September 2015
    Technobabylon (PC)

Out of all the Wadjet Eye games I've played this one has the best story and voice acting, but it's also one of the easiest and most linear. Does that matter? I guess that depends on the player, but usually look at it this way: if I'm only playing a game for the story, then does it really make sense to spend 10 hours on it when I could spend the same amount of time on one of the recent TV series I haven't watched yet, which will almost certainly have better writing and acting? Not really, and unlike in Telltale's recent games the few instances of player choice don't add enough to the experience to compensate. Still, I can't say I didn't enjoy my time with it.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    Shadowrun Returns (PC) Had a good time with this one. Combat was right up my alley, story was decent and the setting is very interesting. Will probably continue on with the other two later, but this was fun.
    Amnesia: Memories (PC) -- After many bad endings, I FINALLY got the good ending on Ikki's route. This game is so much harder to anticipate how paths are going to go compared to other visual novel titles I played, which makes it both interesting and frusrating at the same time. Not sure whose route I'll go for next -- maybe Diamond Boy? We shall see.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    I got out my visual novel device (aka the cheapish Windows 8 tablet) again and ending up going through the rest of my Cho Dengeki Stryker (PC) playthrough. It managed to get pretty interesting in the end but took a while to get there (why I stopped in the first place). Unlocked a few more routes but will probably leave it there as didn't really do enough to warrant further investigation and the standard route ending wrapped things up well enough. Deciding which one I want to play next as I've got a couple in the backlog, though will probably load up To Be or Not To Be for the rest of this evening. Because.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    I got out my visual novel device (aka the cheapish Windows 8 tablet) again and ending up going through the rest of my Cho Dengeki Stryker (PC) playthrough. It managed to get pretty interesting in the end but took a while to get there (why I stopped in the first place). Unlocked a few more routes but will probably leave it there as didn't really do enough to warrant further investigation and the standard route ending wrapped things up well enough. Deciding which one I want to play next as I've got a couple in the backlog, though will probably load up To Be or Not To Be for the rest of this evening. Because.

Because you're the Fresh Prince? :P
    Assassin's Creed III (PC)

Not even remotely as good as AC2, and buggy as hell, but it was decent enough once the game opened up. I've heard good things about Black Flag so I'll probably give that a go at some point in the future.