If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2015 Completed Games List (Part 2)

Comments

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed III (PC)

Not even remotely as good as AC2, and buggy as hell, but it was decent enough once the game opened up. I've heard good things about Black Flag so I'll probably give that a go at some point in the future.

I'm about to finish up the final game of the previous console generation myself, AC: Rogue. So far, I have to say that III is easily the weakest entry in the series, though I have heard horror stories about Unity for the PS4/XBO. It's also the buggiest of the first generation, which just compounds the sour aftertaste of playing it. I consider IV to be similar to Brother; they use the engine of the previous game to create an even bigger open-world environment. Good news, Black Flag is nowhere near as buggy as III. Meanwhile, Rogue is like Revelations; they polish everything in the previous game while adding some new features of their own. Overall, I would say the top three are II, Revelations, and Rogue, though I say that with caution as Rogue still has 17% sync left to drop the ball.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Tales of Symphonia (PS3)

Just beat this game. I was reminded of its legacy, and of its many flaws while playing through it, from the shoddy AI prioritizing (just cast Recover first Raine!), the overly cruel minigames (Red Light Green Light, you are the most evil in the series), and the skill 'paths' so you can't take all the skills (which is a shame because Raine would be such an even greater healer if she could use them all). But the story, dear god did it shine. I plan on doing more playthroughs to Platinum this before I continue onto its sequel.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Need a ruling here: Can Super Mario Maker (Wii U) count given that I beat the offline levels including the Nintendo World Championship ones?

Also knocked off Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita). Chapter 3... can we talk?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita)

For whatever reason going in, I had a feeling that this game was going to be subpar. Maybe it was the change of genres, or the lack of what appeared to be a very interesting cast of characters. Regardless, I was delightfully surprised to find that Ultra Despair Girls was practically as enjoyable as 1 and 2. The gameplay almost never got in the way of the story, and I thought most of the characters were represented well, even if Toko had a little too much dialogue. Chapter 4 was a little rough, as I encountered 2 separate freezes on top of messing up a few puzzles and the sheer length of it. Other than that, the game was a blast and I'm really excited to see what direction Danganronpa 3 will take.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    Shaymin wrote: »
    Need a ruling here: Can Super Mario Maker (Wii U) count given that I beat the offline levels including the Nintendo World Championship ones?

It's your list. This isn't a competition; otherwise what's the point, scmad always wins. This is for the sake of you keeping track of your gaming progress in relation to everyone else.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita) - Screw the haters, this is my GOTY right now.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation - PS Vita

Got the True ending at around level 73-ish. Still playing as now I have post game and DLC stuff to do
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita) - Screw the haters, this is my GOTY right now.
    There are haters? :(
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2015
    Myst (IOS)
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Phantasy Star: Generation 1 (PS2)

I took the fan translation for another spin.

Now it's just a few more weeks until the translation of Generation 2 is ready :D
    Macstorm wrote: »
    There are haters? :(

I don't get it either.
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue (PS3) - Platinum Trophy

I knew that I could do this in two weeks. Just in time for Dengeki Bunko next week. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Probably most that I've had in the series since the Ezio games. I thought it was brimming with content and really refined the aspects introduced in IV. Probably Top 3 for me when it comes to this series.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    10/3/2015 - Pink Hour (PC). Normal.
    10/3/2015 - Pink Heaven (PC). Normal.

Both very short games, and yet SO adorable. You just want know Pink Secretary REALLY wants to ask Blue Shopkeeper out, but is just too bashful.

Fun little games too. Definitely going to have to pick up Kero Blaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    My power flicked off and on while Bloodborne (PS4) was on a load screen, and because all Japanese development studios are terrible at basic coding, there is no back-up autosave and that's that. Was on a NG+ and less than an hour from the extra final boss fight I missed on the first run. I want to say this is the first time I've entirely lost a game in progress due to a corrupted save file.

Bloodborne was fun, but it's another easy action game from From that uses extremely poor game design mechanics to add needless frustration in a pathetic attempt to be difficult. It's not a hard game at all. It's an easy game with bosses that take a lot of practice, but you have to waste time running back to them or grinding healing items. The quicker pace of combat and improved level design would have made this From's best game for me had it not been for some periods of high frustration. In some ways, it was better on the NG+ when I was sprinting through levels and slaying bosses on the first attempt or two.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSVita) - Platinum Trophy!!!

Finally got to this after a sale a few weeks back. I've always been curious of it, and am delighted that I finally took the plunge. It has all of the fun of an Ace Attorney game but has many game-play features akin to rhythm. All the characters are pretty well written, and you only get more of it when you spend your free time with them. Abilities are varied and fun, and the soundtrack is amazing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, but 40+ hours of this game has me a tad burnt out. Sequels are a project for next year.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    Lost Odyssey (360)
    Oh my god, it's Final Fantasy.

That's not hyperbole. Lost Odyssey is nearly everything FF13 should have been. I know this because the whole thing felt like Final Fantasy. It's a cruel twist of fate that what allowed it to exist--Microsoft's checkbook--also prevented its deserved exposure and distribution.

I can find fault in only a handful of areas. First, the lack of melee character variety. There are only three of them, and they all use the same weapon. That's very boring. Second, the leveling mechanic isn't great--it's an RPG, no caps please. Third, there's an irritating plot hole during the
    Spoiler:
    train fiasco; Sarah separates herself and Kaim from the kids, yet could have easily done so on the same side as them.
    Finally, exploring the world map in the ships was a very cool thing. But since feelplus went through the trouble of modeling the world map in the first place, why not make the world map explorable? It doesn't make sense. Wasted opportunity.

I'm secretly hoping that the console version of Terra Battle will be a complete redesign of the original game as a fully-fleshed out RPG. Why not?
    Jormungand wrote: »
    Lost Odyssey (360)
    Oh my god, it's Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I'll admit that there are days where I just like to pretend LO is FFXIII, but that's just not the world we live in.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    Dead Or Alive 5 (PS3)

Decided to go grind out some trophies that weren't a headache to nab. Now, since I originally played in on a friend's PS3 years ago (albeit on my PSN account), I had a chunk of trophies already, but I no longer had any of the data to back it up. So, I replayed the story mode to sort of catch up. Because I rolled credits again, I am throwing this out. I also doubled my previous trophy score! I could have gotten a few more if the online mode wasn't deserted.
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS3)

Was playing this on and off for the past 2 weeks, and I've completed the game with a platinum. A fun reminder of Tomb Raider's roots, and only serves to make me wish they had given Tomb Raider 2 this treatment as well, I truly loved that game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Space Quest V: The Next Mutation (PC)

Finally finished this one with my Wednesday kids, after several months. Should've finished it way sooner, but our original play option was D-Fend, which had some timing errors that made some sections nearly unplayable, and one bit absolutely unplayable. So now I've got SQ 4, 5, and 6 through GoG. These versions work better in general, but the movement is always much slower for SQ5. Still, better than uncontrollably fast.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Dawn of War 2: Retribution (PC)

Finished the campaign with the Space Marines on normal.

Now it's time to waste a lot more hours in The Last Stand mode :)
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited October 2015
    SOMA (PC)

This game is really, really good.

One complaint about the ending though:
    Spoiler:
    much like The Walking Dead, it would have been stronger without the post-credit scene.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Undertale (PC)

Well that was something. A mediocre, quirky parody that made me chuckle every now then for 99% of the game, then a truly great ending sequence that only an indie game would dare. It's meant to be replayed, but it's too long and mediocre for me personally to do that. It could have trimmed out a lot of repetitive content and been a stronger experience.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Metro: Last Light: 360. It was fun, it was decent, and the environments were as engrossing as the original... mostly. I like what the game tried to do with the dark ones but hinging on the original games "bad" ending was an interesting move. Even still, I felt more involved with the first game and besides the swamp areas (seriously, screw the water) in this game the first was way more stressful... in a good way.
    Wild Arms (PSP via PSN)

This was my first time with the series. I bought it years ago, but I just never got around to it. I overall enjoyed it, though screw De La Magica and its annoying puzzles. I really do like SNES and PS1 JRPGs. They are just so comfortable to me when done well. I am going to jump straight in to the sequel next.
    The following is more of an update/addendum to an earlier listing.

Tales of Symphonia (PS3) - Platinum (100%)
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: 360. I mean, it's technically a game even if it's only one mission and a few side missions. I'm reminded how much I can suck at stealth :D Fun, but stressful. Technically, my third MGS game.
    Clix wrote: »
    Wild Arms (PSP via PSN)

This was my first time with the series. I bought it years ago, but I just never got around to it. I overall enjoyed it, though screw De La Magica and its annoying puzzles. I really do like SNES and PS1 JRPGs. They are just so comfortable to me when done well. I am going to jump straight in to the sequel next.
    WA1 had some challenging puzzles, but the second game had some INFURIATING puzzles. When I finally gave up on one about halfway through the game after maybe 2 hours and I looked up the solution, I couldn't believe how long and specific it was.