If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2015 Completed Games List (Part 2)

Comments

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited October 2015
    Crono wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: 360. I mean, it's technically a game even if it's only one mission and a few side missions. I'm reminded how much I can suck at stealth :D Fun, but stressful. Technically, my third MGS game.

While I could probably peruse the older lists, I guess that I'll be lazy and just ask which other two you played?

RE: Wild Arms -- Yeah, I play handhelds during breaks at work, so I only get about 1.5-2 hours in a day, really. Thus, I read a section of a walkthrough before going to bed/before leaving for work, so I don't get caught off-guard or miss a hidden treasure. Having started WA2 today, I can get a feeling that the puzzles will be hellish already. I ran in circles in just the first dungeon as Ashley until it dawned upon me that I could hit button with the throwing knife by hitting the column so that the knife will drop down and hit the button.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth) - 3DS

I'm man enough to admit that I got a little teary-eyed a little at the end.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited October 2015
    Clix wrote: »
    While I could probably peruse the older lists, I guess that I'll be lazy and just ask which other two you played?
    MGS1 and Peace Walker. I think I beat MGS1 last year and Peace Walker right when it came out on PSP. I really should get around to the rest of the main series at some point because I always enjoy the over the top story.

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Crono wrote: »
    Clix wrote: »
    MGS1 and Peace Walker. I think I beat MGS1 last year and Peace Walker right when it came out on PSP. I really should get around to the rest of the main series at some point because I always enjoy the over the top story.

From my understanding, MGS2 is the only post-modern blockbuster video game. It is an experience and my personal favorite of the series. While I have heard a lot of great things about V, I think 3 is still probably the contender for overall best.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Finished off the vanilla Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) replay (with Jaws of Hakkon & The Descent), currently working through Trespasser but figured I may as well post it now
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3)
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)

I have to say that the story of DotNW was the highlight of the game, along with the character interactions. The battle system could have been far better, with the majority of the monster raising being unnecessary considering that you can actually get through most of the game with a wolf, bear, and a ghost. The capturing itself was also unnecessarily annoying, what with requiring full field domination of a single element to pull off. Capture choices happened at the end of battle, and failing a pact meant the monster left, so it often took too long to capture a single monster due to how many times you needed to try. Despite this, I really enjoyed the game.

Having beaten DotNW, I have essentially beaten the entirety of Chronicles, in terms of story. I leave it to you Clix on how you want to proceed with this in the list, whether to ignore the Chronicles or just put them both together for it.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    The single element thing was never a big issue for me. I just had Marta spam First Aid or Barrier. I never did understand the whole strengthening pact thing with one of the monsters you already own, so I had no idea how that affected my attempts to make pacts with new monsters.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

The single element thing was never a big issue for me. I just had Marta spam First Aid or Barrier. I never did understand the whole strengthening pact thing with one of the monsters you already own, so I had no idea how that affected my attempts to make pacts with new monsters.
    From what I looked up, if the monster has an element opposite of the enemy, was a much higher level, or had an innate strength against what you were capturing, you got a star. Each star was anywhere from 5-10% more odds of capturing a monster. Every single monster had some kind of percentage of success, but I never really paid attention to the odds, I either did it or failed.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Undertale (PC) Really enjoyed this, made me laugh a fair few times. Also the soundtrack rules. Got all the endings too, even had A BAD TIME, which was a lot of fun.

Samurai Warriors IV-II (PC) Port the PS4 versions of your games already Koei, sheesh.

The Witcher III: Hearts of Stone (PC) Great DLC, pretty much a showcase of everything Witcher 3 does well. Gaunter rules, Shani's cool and Olgier's a dick, but an interesting one. Also you can buy the glasses of the Professor from the first game in an auction and wear them around everywhere, 10/10.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition (Vita) - Fun little game with a neat concept, but I wanted more than it offered.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2015
    Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed - PS Vita

Main story (what little there is) and the Gauntlet. Just post game and the Tower left to do.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    LBX: Little Battlers eXperience (3DS) finished off. Review coming soon.
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    edited October 2015
    Game completion update.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3) - Platinum (100%)

Managed to get the platinum for this a second ago. The higher difficulties were a joke thanks to having a maxed out monster team, but the optional stuff was a pain to do for this. Now that this is done, it's time for me to start up Tales of Zestiria.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited October 2015
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 3 - Catch a Ride (PS4),
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4 - Escape Plan Bravo (PS4), and
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - The Vault of the Traveler (PS4)
    all complete. They were all rather great. Like the first two were.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Legend of Legacy (3DS) is done.

Enjoyed the heck out of this game. Its a fun, gameplay oriented experience that truly shined for what it was trying to do. Personally I used it as a way to unwind, because the visuals, soundtrack, and battle system were all very pleasing. Easy to relax with and just engaging enough to keep you interested, but at the same time not totally invested into. Towards the end fighting those Dragon bosses was a huge pain, it felt like I was fighting against RNG and the minute Elemental Field details that swung numbers drastically in different directions. Not much to serve as a detractor, though. Happy I took the chance on buying it.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    Tales from the Borderlands (PC)

Telltale can do no wrong. No I'm not playing the Minecraft one.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Tales from the Borderlands (PC). Excellent stuff here.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited October 2015
    Life is Strange (PS4) - This one was also fantastic and under the radar. Beats Until Dawn for me. I do need to start TftB next.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited October 2015
    Cleaning out the backlog, lu lu lu..

Final Fantasy 3(PC) -- I got the itch to replay this from FFXIV actually. Trouble is I didn't want to bug 'Cat for the stupid mogmail messages so I got the PC version. Be prepared if you play this version. Graphics really SHOW that they were meant to play on a much smaller screen. Still. Big nostalgia bomb for me. (Deshy, I miss you!)

Going to save for FF5 next since no way not nohow am I ever going to be able to find it for GBA.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) -- Review to come soon!
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    10/29/2015 - Halo 5: Guardians (XBONE). Heroic difficulty.

The game is actually quite obnoxious in how it hands out difficulty, with everything being an arena essentially, a ridiculously small ammo max for every weapon compared to 4, and SO MANY enemies that you had to hit at specified weak points. Even with AIs reviving me, I found myself not only dying a bunch, but feeling that many of those deaths are mad cheap. Level design is also an issue, as the variety of the previous games has given way to a series of Spartan Ops arenas stapled next to one another in almost every damned level. It felt more like I was playing first-person Gears of War (sans snap-to-cover mechanic) than Halo.

With regards to story,
    Spoiler:
    Cortana's sudden return seemed like a miserable contrivance after she was SO CLEARLY killed in 4's amazing story, and her obvious and irredeemable face-heel turn runs against everything we knew about her to this point, especially her inability to see the parallels between the peace she intends to impose with the Guardians and Dr. Halsey's abuse of the SPARTAN II candidates. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty cool visiting Sangheilios, but it's pretty clear that 343 is grasping at straws with this one, and they've dropped the ball big league. Also, while it's great that Buck is still as witty as ever, his inclusion seems a tad like desperate fanservice. Oh, and every story writer in 343 should be TASERED IN THE GENITALS for ending the game on a Halo 2-style cliffhanger. No one liked it then, and I highly doubt it'll be liked now.

TL;DR - Not a bad game, but very much a bad Halo. Hopefully 6 will be more like 4 and WAY less like 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 5: The Vault of the Traveler (PS4)

One hell of a finale to the season, it was. Tearjerkers, epic fights, a whole lot of loot and heartwarming, ending with a single moment that seems to lead up to the potential Borderlands 3.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    So I didn't realize I had finished the main game in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS), so uh, that happened on my way home from work. I didn't even know Animal Crossing games had credits or endings. XD
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Cleaning out the backlog, lu lu lu..

Final Fantasy 3(PC) -- I got the itch to replay this from FFXIV actually. Trouble is I didn't want to bug 'Cat for the stupid mogmail messages so I got the PC version. Be prepared if you play this version. Graphics really SHOW that they were meant to play on a much smaller screen. Still. Big nostalgia bomb for me. (Deshy, I miss you!)

Going to save for FF5 next since no way not nohow am I ever going to be able to find it for GBA.

I have it <.<
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - Vault of the Traveler (PC) Loved this series, but not getting why this episode seems to be cementing it as a game of the year for so many people. The majority of this episode was really weak. Episode 4 was way, way, way better.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - Vault of the Traveler (PC) Loved this series, but not getting why this episode seems to be cementing it as a game of the year for so many people. The majority of this episode was really weak. Episode 4 was way, way, way better.
    It ended the character arcs well. I do agree it was a bit weak after those ended, but at least it culminated in a good ending for the game, and possibly setting up Borderlands 3, or at least a season 2.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) - This was absolutely fantastic. The absolute best dialogue.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm