If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Learn to Cooperate in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal KyoshiAdministrators
Divinity: Original Sin is coming to consoles, which will include local and online co-op. Fighting and solving puzzles together makes sense, but arguments settled by rock-paper-scissors is a bit odd.

Story
Bravely second...
The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Comments

• daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited September 2015
    "...up to four players will appear on the same screen until they move far enough away from each."

I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. DOS EE will only support two players in co-op; each player can bring along a companion / henchman that they will control in battle... The sequel DOS 2 is going to support up to 4 players in co-op.
    Fighting and solving puzzles together makes sense, but arguments settled by rock-paper-scissors is a bit odd.

Yeah it is odd. I didn't like that mechanic... it gets very tedious. It would've been better and quicker to solve disputes with a simple dice roll, with the appropriate bonuses. Really hope they're nixing that minigame for the sequel.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    Eep! Thanks for spotting that. It's been corrected.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    Ooh, local co-op! I was wondering if this version had local.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    Never really played multiplayer RPGs (I avoid MMOs like the plague) but I think I would actually be interested in playing this game in co-op.

Unfortunately I don't know how I would coordinate that; this is a pretty big game and finding a way to play something that could take over 100 hours with someone else would be tricky. Perhaps someday I will play it with my girlfriend; who is probably the only gamer I know who might be interested in a game like this.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire