If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bravely Second Release News for North America

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
North Americans already knew that they would have to wait a little longer than Europe for Bravely Second but the length of that wait is not set. The game and its Collector's Edition will arrive in April.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Also now included: new story trailer from NoE.
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2016
    Yay for a North American release date! Once again, the NA Collector's edition lacks the Agnes figurine, but eh. The story trailer really has me excited for this game! I can hardly wait, though I wonder if I'll be done with all of the Fire Emblem Fates campaigns by then. :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Hope the sequel doesn't have a Groundhog Day-esque sequence of repetitive chapters like its predecessor.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    Hope the sequel doesn't have a Groundhog Day-esque sequence of repetitive chapters like its predecessor.

I've heard it does not, though I've heard mixed/lukewarm things about its story regardless.

Glad it finally has a date though. The lack of the figurine makes the Collector's less appealing (to me anyway) for the price. I guess NA/EU are having sort of opposing release dates for FE/Bravely2 sort of? I might be mis-remembering that, but I think they'll have the Bravely Second Demo soon, but get FE later than us.

I liked the first. The voicework and writing was pretty charming for the plot they had to work with, and I really enjoyed the convenience features they added to the game (no encounter, no Experience, fast-forward, etc.). In the end I wished it was a bit uh.. shorter, and I always found myself wanting more room for passives or ways to integrate cross-job stuff.

Still, I'll definitely be getting it, just... maybe not the collector's. As a side note, I can't believe they announced a FE Special 3DS on such short notice at the same time.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2016
    FE is same day, or at least week, for both. Bravely Second is the same case as Bravely Default in that EU gets it first (not sure how NoE much took the lead on getting it localised). Usually the other side of it is EU gets Atlus/XSEED stuff later (as it has to go through another publisher, frequently NIS America nowadays).
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    FE is same day, or at least week, for both. Bravely Second is the same case as Bravely Default in that EU gets it first (not sure how NoE much took the lead on getting it localised). Usually the other side of it is EU gets Atlus/XSEED stuff later (as it has to go through another publisher, frequently NIS America nowadays).

Thanks for the correction! My memory is clearly shoddy. :smiley:

• Shannon HarleShannon Harle qt = π RPGamer Staff
    Definitely lost interest in the CE as soon as they showed they didn't have the Agnes figure... though the artbook and the soundtrack are both nice additions. I still have to finish Flying Fairy, but I've heard that the stories are only partially connected? Like I don't remember if it takes place after True End or just after the bug boss (bad end, I guess).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC), Atelier Rorona ~The Alchemist of Arland~ (PS3)
    "I blame myself for underestimating the beast that is sex appeal..." - Agnes Oblige
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    I've been avoiding Bravely Second spoilers like the plague, but to my understanding, the stories are connected, and the sequel seems to take place after the True Ending.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I'm intrigued enough to pick up the LE if I can find it for the right price because hey, 250 page artbook.

$109.99 is *not* the right price.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."