If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem Fates Plans Its DLC

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Fire Emblem Fates is a big title for Nintendo and has an extensive list of content being released post launch. Interested RPGamers should see the details of the months-long DLC schedule.

[Story]

Comments

• Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    I ignored most of Awakening's DLC, buying three packs (The Golden Gaffe, Scramble, and The Future Past), and the singular map that gives you Paragon. More of this DLC seems interesting, and $17.99 is nice compared to the price of buying every map individually (~$25). I'll have to figure out if I really want all of those maps, though.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I know I should probably avoid the DLC, I don't need more Fire Emblem than is coming in the special edition, but I'm I'm getting really hyped for this game. It's also tempting that Amazon is selling a download code for the bundle of DLC. Maybe I'll use this as a chance to try buying Nintendo digital stuff on Amazon. Yay for not having to add money to a wallet!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    I played the heck out of the DLC maps for Awkening, so buying the bundle.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    Probably worth mentioning that the DLC maps would be the only way to grind if you played the Conquest campaign, as I understand it.
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    Call me cheap, but it sucks that all the DLC isn't part of the collectors edition.
  • thepayne78thepayne78 New Member Full Members
    So I have a question I was not able to get the collectors edition so I will be having to buy Birthright and Conquest separately. So my questions are do I have to buy the DLC for each title? or do I only have to buy it once?
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2016
    I'm pretty certain you'll only have to buy them once.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    thepayne78 wrote: »
    So I have a question I was not able to get the collectors edition so I will be having to buy Birthright and Conquest separately. So my questions are do I have to buy the DLC for each title? or do I only have to buy it once?

I'm hoping only once cause I'm in the same boat
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2016
    DLC is tied to the SD card in a 3DS. I imagine that the DLC is shared (and thus doesn't have to be bought twice) between both Fates games. I'm not certain, though.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    I'm really hoping for a Demo
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    Is this DLC already on the cart, and paying for it just unlocks it?

I'm really not a fan of paid DLC content for a full-price RPG, but I think the US has been screwed out of Fire Emblem series releases in the past. So if more money extracted via paid DLC means the developers have incentive to keep localizing the games, and we don't get denied Fire Emblem games anymore, then I suppose it's a positive trade-off.
    Are people that are getting "both" not just buying the $20 DLC for the alternate path? Buying both carts separately seems like a pain, pocketbook-wise (same price as SE, but only 2 campaigns instead of 3 and no extras). I'm actually curious if Nintendo might have forseen people doing this, or if the 3DS might treat them as different games for the purpose of linking the DLC purchased. That would be... unfortunate.

In theory, anyone that just gets one copy can effectively pay the exact same amount as a SE-purchaser to get all the paths:
    SE = 3 paths = $80
    Conquest/Birthright = 1 path = $40 + $20 (2nd path) + $20 (3rd path) = $80

If you buy separate carts, then I think you might miss out on some of the bonuses they give you for purchasing/having the alternate paths too (some in-game items apparently).

I'm not keen on buying season-pass/timed-release sorts of things generally (schedule ends in April for map pack 1?). $7 off is pretty good, though this game is already kinda steep with DLC included ($97? for map pack and all paths).
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Well, my roommate and I are buying different version and will trade later on, so I am actually saving $20. Otherwise, no, I would not have bought separate cartridges.
    Clix wrote: »
    Well, my roommate and I are buying different version and will trade later on, so I am actually saving $20. Otherwise, no, I would not have bought separate cartridges.

Hmm, well, hopefully not an issue then.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I'm getting both cause I want both, I have more the enough friends (and a wife) who play it as well.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool