The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Episode 27: Need More Caffeine - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, your host is in desperate need of more caffeine. We also discuss the ins and outs of Dark Souls 3.

Episode 27: Need More Caffeine - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Remember the ff12 spinoff that was being developed by a European company? That was sort of an odd situation.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I've been seeing more formerly-mobile RPGs on the 3DS eshop lately, such as Ash (by Circle Entertainment) and several Kemco games. Are formerly-mobile RPGs being ported at an increased rate to Sony, Microsoft, or PC systems too? If not, why not?
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Well, Kemco's not picky. They've ported to PSP/Vita, Wii U, PC, and 3DS. But I'm sure this will be an interesting topic for the podcast.
    Has modern culture negatively affected jrpgs? I look back at the snes trilogy of final fantasy games and while they may have had influences, they had a style that was strange. The ff15 demo starts out seeming very influenced by modern movie making(almost naught dog like) and the over all artistic style seems like something from a magazine ad. I'm not writing the game off, but I almost feel the other worldness is missing.
    edited May 2016
    Yoshitaka Amano is a genius, and it's a shame his art has yet to be fully realized in 3D game form. I wish there was a game that took his art and realized it to the fullest like dragon quest 8 did with Akira Toriyama. I think there is a cop out saying it doesn't fit to 3D art when cell shading exist.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2018
    deleted.