If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Star Ocean Gets Lengthy Gameplay Video

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Most Star Ocean fans have an idea of what to expect from another entry in the franchise, but what about newcomers? An extended gameplay look courtesy of Sony may be just the thing.

[Story]

Comments

• watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    I actually saw a lot of features that I was wondering about in this. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about this one.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I've enjoyed the PSOne & PS2 games but did not like the PS3 game. I'll wait & see what others say.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    See i liked teh PS One games and the PS4, but hated the PS2 one, mostly due to the 0 MP = Death mechanic
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    See, if you had used the mechanic for you, you would have loved it. I slaughtered many a low MP enemy with Nel. I rarely ever had a character go down because of it.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Oh Nel was a mainstay once I got her, still think it's a crappy mechanic.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    Though a longtime fan of Star Ocean, this one hadn't really grabbed me... but watching it in action really did. It was impressive how smooth and responsive it looked, especially with so many characters. And the level of polish in general really shines. Hope it comes to PC! No PS4 so far.