If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

An Hour to Impress - Episode 8: Sweet Magical Science

Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy GroundRPGamer Staff
edited June 2016 in Latest Updates
Save the '80's with the power of neon! MegaMagic: Wizards of the Neon Age is all about bright lights, big hair, and killer techno.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2016/062716d.html
Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    After watching this, here is what I am wondering based on your impressions: do you think the controls would have benefited from a controller instead of the keyboard? I noticed from what you've told me and what you explained in the video that it seems very odd the way movement and combat are set up. It's a shame given that this seems like it could have been a real slam dunk for you outside the gameplay. :(
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Nyx wrote: »
    After watching this, here is what I am wondering based on your impressions: do you think the controls would have benefited from a controller instead of the keyboard? I noticed from what you've told me and what you explained in the video that it seems very odd the way movement and combat are set up. It's a shame given that this seems like it could have been a real slam dunk for you outside the gameplay. :(

It's hard to say. The way the game is designed now, I'm not sure a controller would work. With some tweaks to the mechanics, it would probably play a lot better with a controller. The biggest problem is the role of the mouse - you need it to move grims to specific locations to solve puzzles. Obviously there are other ways they could set up control for this kind of thing, but the way it's designed now just wouldn't work. It might be possible to create a good xpadder scheme to play it effectively, but I'd have to experiment. I doubt it'd be easy.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...