If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XV Rides onto PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Slightly over a decade later, Final Fantasy XV (né XIII Versus) is finally out. The game's launch trailer invites fans to ride together.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2018
    deleted.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Still early on, but it's not really like any of those you liked or hated. It's an open world Final Fantasy with much more action focused combat than anything else. Closer to Crisis Core and Type-0 in terms of combat, but it still has a lot of Final Fantasy feel to it. That said, it's hard to say. I went in with low expectations and am really enjoying it, though it's not perfect.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2018
    deleted.
    They've done a good job with the open world so far in this one. Lots to do, lots of side quests, etc. They could improve fast travel, but it works well enough.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I feel like this is not my FF. I'll leave it for others and hope for the FF7 remake. And, I'll wait for Persona.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    This is a story I'd never thought I'd read.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • OrophinOrophin New Member Full Members
    Never thought I'd hear Eminem and Tech N9ne in a FF trailer...

Anyway I'm waiting to hear from people I know that are getting this first before diving in, because the FF13 series was kind of a disappointment to me. I liked FF13-2 alright, but the first didn't sit well with me and I didn't even bother with the dressup simulator that was LR.
  • ScionScion RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    This feels like a really weird dream. Looking forward to starting this tomorrow.
  • The Last PaladinThe Last Paladin Member Full Members
    Hm, waiting for the initial hype to die so I can get a more hindsight review from people. When it comes to Final Fantasy games, I learned long ago to not fall for the initial reactions. FF fanboys/girls can be a little bit bias. I can say from what I hear so far, it seems like this game have the same issues a lot of big open world rpgs (with maybe the exception of Witcher 3) has, a lot of emphasis on the "world' but not the story. Add to the fact that people are able to beat this game in just a matter of a few days already (A FF game that can be completed in 2 days? Seriously?), I just think it'll end up being a divisive game, maybe not as much as 13, but pretty close. I'll get it eventually when they decided to add the full content of the game (to heck with DLC's).
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    True. Initial reaction is not authentic for FF and Zelda games. Scores are also way out of whack for both. Substantial criticisms in the text of reviews for them barely seem to make a dent in the final score.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    Would love to see Adrian Den Ouden review this game.
    There will likely be multiple reviews for this game. We only received a review code on Sunday afternoon and most of Sunday was a download day. Not sure if the rest of the staff have made tons of progress or not, but I'm 15 hours in so far.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I'm about 10 hours into it and enjoying the hell out of it. i can't change what it is, but the world is magestic and I love just looking off into the mountain backgrounds. Granted I did that in witcher 3 too