If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Atlus Makes More 3DS Announcements

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Atlus has some new titles in the works to keep Japanese 3DS owners entertained. On top of its previously-announced Radiant Historia remake, there's an enhanced SMT remake and a new Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    Deep Strange Journey sounds like a concept album title.
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Wasn't Strange Journey bad though? I know there was something that discouraged me from buying it. Can't quite remember if it was bad reviews, a game breaking bug, or some comment about crazy difficulty spikes.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited March 2017
    Strange Journey wasn't bad. Personally, I like the game a fair bit, though, not as much as the Devil Survivor games or Soul Hackers. Strange Journey does have very long, complicated dungeons with things like hidden warps and unmappable areas. This is especially noticeable after the first half of the game where the pacing slow down considerably. I know a number of people who gave up on the game or were deterred due to this, so perhaps you were as well.

I did not expect an "Overclocked" version of Strange Journey. I suppose there's no reason for me to get the Law and Chaos endings in the DS version now. Though what I really should be doing is finally playing SMT IV/Apocalypse. :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    It's a good game if you don't mind 90% of your time dungeon crawling.
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Hard pass.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • mooserockamooserocka New Member Full Members
    i want radiant historia remake one of the best games ever. but strange journey was just average i never finished it beacause the dungeons were so long and annoying. even if you were trying to just fly through nad do story you couldnt. also the story was kinda bad also.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    Meanwhile, we additionally have a new Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I can easily restrain myself from seeking it out, but it shows the 3DS is doing just fine for new software at the moment.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Can't say I deeply want this, please oh dear Atlus bring us Etrian Odyssey 5
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    @LordGobez Do you listen to the RPGBacktrack? If you do, I may have had something to do with your thoughts about Strange Journey. :P

I actually enjoyed it for the ride it was...an all out, Atlus style dungeon crawler. I put a LOT of time into it. The negatives? OP'd bosses (usually requiring trial and error to figure out their attack patterns and weaknesses), and a final boss that makes the earlier bosses look like Ronald McDonald. As I often tell people, I didn't beat Strange Journey....it beat me.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!