If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited June 2017 in Latest Updates
The newest Dissidia game has spent nearly two years in Japanese arcades but now it's finally ready to make the jump to consoles. As early as next year, as well.

[Story]

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Man I thought this series was dead, glad I was wrong.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    FINALLY. I've been waiting for so long for it to come to consoles!
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    I have absolutely NO idea how this is going to be remotely ready for home release next year. The two year old arcade version is still down 10 characters from Duodecim; hell, even 5 down from the ORIGINAL. Characters are added to the arcade about once very few months. Only four new characters are in the game, representing XIV, XV, Tactics, and Type-0. To date, those aforementioned four games, III, VIII, X, XI, XII, and XIII have ONE character each. Except for XIII, each of those games had 2-3 fighters in the last game. Also, the gameplay has been radically changed, so everyone plays less uniquely than before and instead have more of a rock-paper-scissors categorization going on to account for the (intended) 50+ roster the game was designed for but is NOWHERE near.

I honestly wasn't expecting a home release for this until 2020. Not even joking.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    That's one way to guarantee constant DLC...
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    Well, the problem is that the developers have frequently mentioned that they want at least 50 characters, and it was commonly interpreted to mean that was their goal for home release. After that, yes, dlc was expected to regularly come out until we hit around 100. The new battle system does not allow for the variety of playstyles from the earlier PSP game, so each character plays similarly within their combat type. Hence, the system is suppose to be quantity over quality, but alas SE just cannot develop video games anymore, even when outsourcing.
  • ScionScion RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I'm as bothered by the reduced cast as well, especially given how it is 3 v 3 now, but part of me is a little too excited about this finally hitting consoles that I almost don't care. So I guess I'm part of the problem.