The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

.hack//G.U. Remaster Coming to Japan

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Could the .hack series be making a comeback? At the very least Bandai Namco is giving RPGamers in Japan the chance to check out the G.U. trilogy on new platforms.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• VeghEstherVeghEsther technically on-topic Full Members
    edited June 2017
    Not for me. I liked the original 4 games; iInfection, mMutation, oOutbreak, and qQuarantine as the better games in the series. I kind of hated everything about the 3three G.U. PS2 games, despite that the PS4 still plays import games with nowithout region lockoutLocation-Based DRM.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Happy for this as I've never played a single dot hack game, but have wanted to since I watched someone and listened to the rpg back track episode on it not long ago.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I played all 7 of 'em. I liked the GU's but they had some arcade-style boss battles that were really difficult for me. I finally got past them but I def pulled some hair out of my head in the process.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Not just Japan. It was trademarked for Europe too.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Also possibly North America. But those two are a little harder to nail down definitively.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther technically on-topic Full Members
    Same here the avatar fights in G.U. Vol 3 especially the last one took me so many retries (over 2+ hours) to win them its just that .hack Quarantine is so costly to buy the PS2 version of it I'd rather have the original 4 games remastered first then the G.U games afterwards.
  • Private_PrinnyPrivate_Prinny Member Full Members
    Hm I am about to finish my second playtrough through the first Series

(Infection,Mutation,Outbreak,Quarantine) and wanted to go for the G.U. Triology next. Nice that they are remastered...too bad I tracked them down for PS2 only last year for mucho money (living in Europe).

But I have already bought Uncharted Triology Remastered, AC2 Ezio Collection, GoW 1+2, FF X Remake and will buy at some Point FF 12 and Last of us Remake...I am a sucker for them remastered versions so I'll patiently wait for the release of G.U. remastered as well.