If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2018 Completed Games List

14567810»

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Yeah thanks Clix again for this, I really appreciate it! Will you continue this year witha new one?
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    I debated that a few months ago, but I have ultimately decided to not continue. I am sorry to disappoint the half a dozen people that are still here, but that in itself is sort of the problem. I had some hope that the website update might breathe some new life into this place, but it seems like there are even less people around than before. I have been here for 12 years, and the forums become more of a ghost town with each passing year. This thread is the most active one, and it is a fraction of the activity of even just last year. I don't want a front row seat to the forums seemingly inevitable collapse (at this rate likely to coincide with its 20th anniversary). I am leaving the site, hence the lack of a customized avatar.

I will check back in a couple of weeks to finalize the 2018 list, but that will be my last time visiting RPGamer.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    Thanks for your efforts, Clix. Disappointing, but understandable decision on your part. It is very frustrating to try and run something based on forum interactions when there are very few of them left.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    that good, no worry, thanks for all that you did! take care and see you around!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Thanks again Clix for managing this thread; I've only been participating the past few years, but I really enjoy reading about what games everyone has finished and their thoughts about them.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    Thanks, Clix, for all of your efforts on this list. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Sam WachterSam Wachter RPGamer Staff
    Yes, thank you so much for your efforts. They were appreciated.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    As promised, I waited until the end of the month to finalize the list. Here are the final stats for 2018:

Total number of games finished total in 2018: 274
    Total number of people participating in 2018: 27
    Average games per person in 2018: 10.15

For fun, what follows are the previous years' stats when available:

Total number of games finished total in 2017: 418
    Total number of people participating in 2017: 28
    Average games per person in 2017: 14.93

Total number of games finished total in 2016: 500
    Total number of people participating in 2016: 29
    Average games per person in 2016: 17.24

Total number of games finished total in 2015: 580
    Total number of people participating in 2015: 38
    Average games per person in 2015: 15.26

Total number of games finished total in 2014: 1120
    Total number of people participating in 2014: 57
    Average games per person in 2014: 19.65

2011-2013 are corrupted.

Total number of games finished total in 2010: 1186
    Total number of people participating in 2010: 71
    Average games per person in 2010: 16.69

Total number of games finished total in 2009: 848
    Total number of people participating in 2009: 64
    Average games per person in 2009: 13.25

And finally, 2008 is also corrupted, ironically at the very end of the list due to the Pokemon bug in Zelgodes's list.

Looking back, I have absolutely no idea what happened in 2014-2015. It seems like everything kind of dropped off suddenly, and I don't really know what trend caused it. At least 2018 has the excuse for another drop-off with the site change.

With this, I am now officially leaving the site. Thank you for the send off.