The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Western Release Planned for Metal Max Xeno

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Though Kadokawa Games isn't ready to offer any details, it is planning for a western release of Metal Max Xeno. It would be only the second game in the twenty-seven-year-old series to make the trip, following PS2 spin-off Metal Saga.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited January 2018
    Awesome. I played the heck out of Metal Saga.
    Here's hoping this new game is fun to play.
    Go Go Bazooka-Dog!
  • OtterFaceOtterFace Loserface Loserface Loserface sockpuppet theatreFull Members
    Metal Saga was somewhat panned, so I don't know.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member RPGamer Staff
    Yes but Bazooka dog
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2018
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    Metal Saga was somewhat panned, so I don't know.

I can say with a great deal of authority that Metal Saga was the second-worst game of its series. Metal Saga DS was better in some ways, worse in others, but the next three after that were evidence that Crea-Tech learns from its mistakes.

Metal Max
    Metal Max 2 Kai (GBA port)
    Metal Saga
    Metal Saga DS: Season of Steel
    Metal Max 3
    Metal Max 2: Reloaded
    Metal Max 4

And yes, military-grade canine war machines
    metalmax34.jpg

Also, hot pink T-Rex tanks with flamethrowers out the mouth
    metalmax4190.jpg
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Ahh, part of what I love about Japanese games; absolute unexplainable zaniness. This is on the list of things to look forward to this year. Maybe we'll get really lucky and get a digital release of the Vita version.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited February 2018
    Thank you for your input Baker-san.
    Metal Saga was the only Max game I ever played.
    EDIT:
    That pic of the puppy with a 50-cal used to be my avatar.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    jscarpe wrote: »
    Ahh, part of what I love about Japanese games; absolute unexplainable zaniness. This is on the list of things to look forward to this year. Maybe we'll get really lucky and get a digital release of the Vita version.

Yup, that would be Metal Max's way of getting around criticisms like "radiation doesn't work that way" that have dogged more serious post-apocalyptic ventures: the designers didn't care about anything except sheer insane coolness.

Remember the fanatic guitarist in Mad Max: Fury Road with the flamethrower attachment on his instrument? That's the kind of thing that would be a boss in this series, easily.