If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Details Improvements for Project Octopath Traveler

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
The demo for Project Octopath Traveler has allowed the development team to get some feedback to act upon. This video reveals many of the improvements that are being made ahead of the full game's release.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    I really wish more companies gave their audience a chance to offer feedback before a game was released. There are so many new titles that come out with painfully overlooked issues that would have been remedied by a simple demo or beta feedback program. Why do paying customers have to be the beta or sometimes even alpha testers for games that have no business being released? I'll pick up octopath when it releases just because I want to support jrpgs on switch as much as humanly possible, and really appreciate the connection this developer is building with their community. These are the fundamental building blocks to years of success down the line that get neglected by so many AAA studios nowadays.

Also interesting was the stats they threw out. Out of the 1 million plus downloads, only 5% of those that played filled out the feedback survey. It's an interesting stat to look at, but still it shows how readily available a game needs to be in demo to get the quality feedback necessary to deliver a good experience day one.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    oldmanbal wrote: »
    Out of the 1 million plus downloads, only 5% of those that played filled out the feedback survey. It's an interesting stat to look at, but still it shows how readily available a game needs to be in demo to get the quality feedback necessary to deliver a good experience day one.
    I can't recall if I ever did. I do recall that I was not prompted to at any point, even after completing the demo with both characters.

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    The survey was sent out via email to the email address attached to the Nintendo account it was downloaded on.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • oldmanbaloldmanbal Full Members
    Ralsu wrote: »
    oldmanbal wrote: »
    Out of the 1 million plus downloads, only 5% of those that played filled out the feedback survey. It's an interesting stat to look at, but still it shows how readily available a game needs to be in demo to get the quality feedback necessary to deliver a good experience day one.
    I can't recall if I ever did. I do recall that I was not prompted to at any point, even after completing the demo with both characters.

The sprites and pixelated backgrounds remind me a bit of xenogears, will def. be looking forward to this title.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    File this one under: I need to buy a Switch.