The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Ys: Memories of Celceta Heading to PC

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Another Nihon Falcom title is heading to PC. Ys: Memories of Celceta is coming later this year courtesy of XSEED Games.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 2018
    I was rather hoping it would come to PC seeing as I have every game except 4,5, and 8 on it. Seeing as how none of those have come out on PC yet...
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    5 will need a remake from Falcom sometime in order to happen. At the rate Falcom's been going, I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Plus the original Ys 5 was dull and unmemorable.
    With regard to Memories of Celceta in particular, I suppose it makes sense from a business standpoint given the poor Vita's slowly dwindling life force.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 2018
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    5 will need a remake from Falcom sometime in order to happen. At the rate Falcom's been going, I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Plus the original Ys 5 was dull and unmemorable.

As I recall, they already remade 5 for the PS2, it just never got a release outside of Japan. Having said that, Ys 4: Mask of the Sun had a remake on PS2, but Memories of Celceta is a different game.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Powerlord wrote: »
    JuMeSyn wrote: »

As I recall, they already remade 5 for the PS2, it just never got a release outside of Japan. Having said that, Ys 4: Mask of the Sun had a remake on PS2, but Memories of Celceta is a different game.

Falcom didn't work on the PS2 version
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif