If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Spike Chunsoft Brings Zanki Zero, Other Titles West

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Spike Chunsoft brought plenty of announcements to the final day of GDC. Included in the five games announced for western releases is survival RPG Zanki Zero.

[ Kanako Ito <3 ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    It's the miracle of Steins;Gate!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • EvilorEvilor Totally Not the Secret Antagonist A secret alcove in the hero's baseFull Members
    I watched the live stream on twitch. Hearing from the developers was great. I'm not a huge fan of these games, but I may end up picking them up. Spike Chunsoft should definitely do more of these community press conference style events.
    Fufufufufu,
    -Evilor
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    I like Danganronpa and Zero Escape, so I have at least some interest in this. Will wait to see more details and critical reception. I've never played the bizarrely punctuated Steins;Gate series, so I don't know if I should be interested in that. PixelJunk Monsters doesn't necessarily seem like my kind of game, but then I saw the snow level and thought "must have." WTF @ the other two games though.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • EvilorEvilor Totally Not the Secret Antagonist A secret alcove in the hero's baseFull Members
    WTF @ the other two games though.
    Zanki Zero... the nude clones and the shibari artist... yeah I'm not sure either, but I'll give it a chance.

And 428? Apparently it was popular enough in Japan do merit a release here. I'm actually more interested in it now that I looked it up and saw the games (Machi and Banshee's Last Cry) that came before it. Apparently BLC was pretty influential back in its day. I wouldn't draw any comparisons to it and Radical Dreamers, but some people might.
    It seems like there's a lot of demand for VNs in the West currently, so it makes sense to me from a purely business standpoint to localize it. Hell, there are even a few games that I would never have checked out if it was not for the live-action style.
    Fufufufufu,
    -Evilor
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    428 is being localized by Alex O Smith's company, so that's a plus for me. That said, I know next to nothing else about it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm