If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Review - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited March 2018 in Latest Updates
Kazuma Kiryu's story finally comes to a close, though there's still time for him to get an additional family member. Are his adventures in babysitting worth the wait?

Review

Comments

• OtterFaceOtterFace Loserface Loserface Loserface sockpuppet theatreFull Members
    So your basic logic behind scoring the gameplay is "Ooh, game A didn't do things like game B, so points knocked off for that." Sorry, I don't consider that professional journalism.

I have Zero still in shrink wrap, and I'll get to it someday.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    That's some ridiculous logic there. We're talking about the latest entry in a series that doesn't do something as well as an older entry, so yeah that's a justified complained. And seriously, throwing around "this isn't professional journalism" like this is some exposé? It's one part of a review about a game in a series. It's not like it's being compared to Pokemon or something like that. Get real.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    A) Ain't none of get paid [visit gameflyoffer.com/rpgamer so I don't get fired]
    B) ain't none of claim to be journalists (no for reals none of our job titles reflect any aspiration to actual work)
    C)she's reffing the last freaking game in the franchise, y'know the one that came out 5 months ago? there's grounds for the comparison
    D) Take off, ya hosehead.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited April 2018
    OtterFace wrote: »
    So your basic logic behind scoring the gameplay is "Ooh, game A didn't do things like game B, so points knocked off for that." Sorry, I don't consider that professional journalism.

I have Zero still in shrink wrap, and I'll get to it someday.

I bet every single reviewer who has played the series front to back,
    (like Sam has) would point out to fans when something could be a potential downgrade. Almost every review of a game in a series is going to site other entities, because it's almost like it's the perfect reference point. Particularly on a series like yakuza where each entry is a direct sequel and have had multiple releases within a years time for comparison. Its clearly explained in the text that she felt that simplifying the battle stances was a negative, and this echoes pretty much every importers impression that I have read.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Best not to worry about his comment. Turns out it was just a long-time troll returning once again.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Bless you guys. Bless you.