If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Metal Max Xeno Details Tank Customisation

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Now this latest batch of screenshots for Xeno has what I've been taught to expect from the Metal Max series. Namely, a massive dinosaur fused with a battleship.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    This makes me wanna play metal Saga again
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Do it! That'll give you a good baseline from which to compare. :)
    Well I have played Metal Saga twice.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

And I've played every game in the series, barring one remake and one of two iOS games, at least once but often twice. What's your point? Fun is fun. :)
    Nothing like ridiculous creatures combined with military hardware to make ones day
    sig.gif

• EvilorEvilor Totally Not the Secret Antagonist A secret alcove in the hero's baseFull Members
    I've never played any of the Metal games, but you had me at Mothership Saurus. We need more games with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are awesome. Good to hear they're planning a western loc. If they are able to push it to the Switch (digital-only even) then I'd be very happy.
    Fufufufufu,
    -Evilor
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    The game does look fun from what I've seen here. I do have concerns about critical reception of previous entries though.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    Well, it does look like it's been on an upward trend.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
    That it has.

Talking about the actual meat of the article here, it looks like Xeno's expanding on something from the DS games. In every game of the series, each tank needs a CPU to help control its systems, but from Metal Max 3 onward these CPUs often came with special programs embedded that provided either passive benefits or allowed the vehicle's driver to perform driving-related feats that they otherwise wouldn't know how to do. Some of these mimicked the Hunter's vehicular skills, while others were completely original.

From the way it sounds, in Xeno this has morphed into the CPU having space for add-on chips with these sorts of programs, so the player can mix and match to a greater extent.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I must play this!