If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 459: "Pog Ender"

Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 459: "Pog Ender"

While Chris is tempted by another physical collector's edition, Kelley drowns in chili dogs. Alice survives Mars and seems to enjoy FFXV to boot. Josh, meanwhile, wanders deep into the mired woods that is <i>Witch and the Hundred Knight 2</i>. We may not see him again.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Pog Ender"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe on Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Inlodcf5muxdqt3obi7cnippbhm?t=RPG_Cast

Question of the Week:
Who is playing the mulitplayer in FFXV? What's it like?
179811.png

Comments

• LordGolbezLordGolbez Member Full Members
    edited April 2018
    I haven't even finished FFXV. I played up until Titan in January or February of last year and put it down right after that. I didn't hate the game, but I also didn't like it enough to take it off the backburner in all that time. I'm playing New Game+ of Persona 5 now and am prioritizing that over finishing FFXV the first time, if that tells you anything about the likelihood of me ever finishing FFXV.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited April 2018
    For Chris: The easiest ways to gear up in World of Warcraft are Looking for Raid, and the Veiled Argonite currency. Veiled Argonite can be used to buy pieces of ilvl 910 gear from a vendor on the Vindicaar ship above Argus.

Veiled Argonite is collected from weekly quests given aboard the Vindicaar, from doing Lesser Invasions, from Argus world quests, from slaying powerful elite enemies on Argus, from treasure chests on Argus, and from Argus order hall missions. Progressing through the Argus questline is required to unlock 2/3 of the Argus world quests, and to gain access to the Argus order hall missions.

A recent feature added to WoW is Awakened Essence, a special currency collected from completing the daily Emissary quest sets, or from doing a daily heroic dungeon. 1000 Awakened Essence can be exchanged for a random Legendary item from the vendor at the Dalaran blacksmith. Awakened Essence can also be used to upgrade any old Legendary items you have that are not ilvl 1000.

QoTW: I'm waiting to purchase or play FFXV until it's released with all DLC in a complete, definitive edition. Since more FFXV DLC is forthcoming, it looks like I will be waiting for quite some time. If I ever do play FFXV, I will have zero interest in its multiplayer.

I'm currently playing select titles from my 20+ year RPG backlog. Next up: Skies of Arcadia Legends for the GameCube. It's the only turn-based combat RPG (other than certain Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy titles) that earned a spot in Game Informer's top 300 games of all time list.

Edit: Sorry, I guess I misremembered the Game Informer list. They loved a lot of western and action RPGs too.
    edited April 2018
    That just means those f'ers are biased against RPGs. 300 games and they basically only have the two most famous JRPG series? Blatant bias for garbage. How does nothing from Suikoden (among many other worthy turn-based series) even make it into the top 300 games? Um...looking at the list Chrono Trigger is in it too. And Earthbound. Isn't that turn based? And Persona 5. I know that is. Also, Persona 3 and 4. Suikoden II also. Okay....you're just wrong, dude. In fact, Skies of Arcadia is lower on the list than all of those.
  • EvilorEvilor Totally Not the Secret Antagonist A secret alcove in the hero's baseFull Members
    edited April 2018
    Season 10- last good season confirmed. After the self-aware Land of Jockey episode, I stopped watching.

The correct answer for which stage has the best music in Rez is level 5- Fear. It's still on my playlist.

I've actually only played FFXV Mobile, and even just up to chapter 4. Haven't finished it, and probably will not. Don't get be wrong, I love the FF series, there's just something about FF since 9 that just has not been compelling enough for me to play compared to the pre-X titles.

I had no idea Alliance Alive was by former SaGa series devs. I'M SOLD! Thank you!

Fufufufufu,
    -Evilor
    Disagree. Simpsons was good at least until the mid to late teens. I recall it being something like season 18 when I first noticed "this is boring" in response to watching an episode. However, I had ceased to watch it regularly for a few years at that point so Ic ould readily concede that it might have gotten bad as early as season 14 or even 13 (though that sounds like a strecth to me). No earlier than that though. I know people were saying it had gotten bad even when the episodes were still exceptional, so I'm chalking the season 10 shippers up to that.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Just a reminder there's no show this week as Chris and I are at Midwest Gaming Classic. Have a good Saturday everyone!
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    And everyone misses me griping about HK2 and squeeing about new Sakura Wars. Oh well, another week I suppose.