If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2019 Completed Games List

OmbresOmbres Games horderFull Members
edited January 20 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Welcome to the 2019 Completed Game List thread. Even if I am the only one that will enter in this list, I decided that I want to continue this list, so here it is.

Previous annual lists:
2011 - Corrupted
2012 - Corrupted
2013 - Corrupted

Unfortunately, as you can see, 2011-13 were corrupted by the previous forum data transfer. The culprit is Pokemon. By using the accent "e" in the official title spelling, this caused all the rest of any post with that alt-coding to become lost. This is really noticeable in the 2011 one, where it cuts out part-way through my list. I am willing to go back and recreate the lists to the best of my abilities (new archive thread would be created with three posts, each then hyperlinked going forward on each year's main post), but this will take a while, and the effort will largely be stymied by corruption of most posts made by people completing Pokemon games that year (unless they personally avoided using the accent). For example, I know what Pokemon games I personally finished in what years, but that's about it. If I do go through with it, I can PM those whose lists are affected to find out if they can recall the specific lost titles. That said, I will only embark on this endeavor if there is enough interest in having the old lists available. Let me know in the thread's discussion.

Onto the real matter at hand! The rules for the list are simple, but very important. All games completed in the calendar year of 2018 can be counted for inclusion. Completed-in-2019 is the sole rule. Whatever you want to count as an individual title is up to you. It is your list. I am merely here to help leave a lasting legacy, in case you ever want to remind yourself when you beat a certain game. Please, use this thread to discuss the games you complete with each other, whether said game is a gem or a turd. If you are for some reason lying about completing a game on an online forum, that's your problem, not mine. I operate under the impression that this is done for fun.

Updates to the list will be made at least weekly.

For personal list customization, please highlight or point out any special notes about a playthrough. For example, you may use brackets or bold/italics to point out game difficulty, play time count, completion percentage, et al. I will be happy to include this on your list, but I can only do so if it is fairly obvious in the post. While I do tend to read most posts thoroughly, a remark on game difficulty buried in the middle of the third paragraph (of seven) will most likely slip through the cracks. If you want to have total game hours tracked, I can also include that statistic next to the number of completed games listed next to the your name--just ask for this service in your first post in this thread, and I will track it from there.

Finally, because I am a dirty, fat liar, there is actually a second rule. You must include the system that the game was concluded on. If not, I will count it as "????", and it will be your responsibility to rectify this, not mine.

Games will be listed in the following order (in chronological order; i.e. NES, SNES, N64, etc.):

Systems:
Nintendo Family
Sega Family
PlayStation Family
Xbox Family
PC
Arcade
Other

Handhelds:
Nintendo Family
Game Gear
PlayStation Family
Mobile Platforms (e.g. iPhone)

For digital store games, please list them on the platform you physically beat the game on, but mention that the game came from a specific digital service. For example, if you use PSN to download Final Fantasy VII and beat it on a PSVita, then please list the game as Final Fantasy VII (PSVita) - via PSN. This is also welcome for Steam and other PC-based digital services. I will by no means stress this; this is just a request from yours truly for the sake of formalities.

Now begins the 2019 list:

Adriaan den Ouden - Games Finished: 1

PS4
God of War

----

Cassandra Ramos - Games Finished: 1

WiiU
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

----

ChickenGod - Games Finished: 1

PC
Sorcery Jokers

----

DarkRPGMaster - Games Finished: 1

PS4
World of Final Fantasy: Maxima

----

Ombres - Games Finished: 5

Switch
Altered Beast (via Sega Genesis Classics)
Fatal Labyrinth (via Sega Genesis Classics)
Shining Resonance Refrain
Space Harrier II (via Sega Genesis Classics)

PC
Infested Planet
Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
sig.gif

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    World of Final Fantasy: Maxima (PS4)

A good little add-on for World of Final Fantasy, which added about 10 new monsters, a few new Champions and characters, the ability to become a Champion for battle (which forfeits your ability to summon Champions or Mega Mirages) a brand new ultimate dungeon (only available if you completed the 4 EX dungeons after beating the game), several new super bosses, and a powered up version of the final boss fights. Even a few new cutscenes and a bonus one that seems to set up for a sequel, if we manage to get it. All in all, not bad for a $16 expansion pack.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Shining Resonance Refrain (Switch)
    Infested Planet(PC)
    Fatal Labyrinth (via Sega Genesis Classics)(Switch)
    Altered Beast (via Sega Genesis Classics)(Switch)

I do start the year in force!

thanks again JCServant for the recommandation on infected planet, that was a fun game!

Shining I though I was gonna finish it last year, but I finish it the first of this year. Good game but a lot too much talking, I don't really care that one of the character hate Carrot...
    sig.gif
    edited January 13
    Space Harrier II (via Sega Genesis Classics)(Switch)

well that was hard, but as fun as the first one on sega master :) but now my hand is hurting for clicking so much on the shot button!

as you can see I have lot of fun playing or replying old genesis game :) the save anywhere does help a lot!
    sig.gif
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 13
    Sorcery Jokers (PC) - For awhile now, I've had a very hard time enjoying any game I've tried. They've ranged from mediocre to downright displeasing, which has left me hesitant to trying new stuff and feeling unsatisfied yet again. Thankfully, Sorcery Jokers was that "magical" great game that I've been craving for a very long time now.

Wrote a review for it that ended up being way too long, so I'll try to condense it down to the main points. Sorcery Jokers is a fantastic VN, particularly in the realm of its visuals and character design. Of everything I've played thus far, this one has my favorite artistic design, hands down. Along with Grisaia, this is probably my favorite cast of characters, which are developed well by giving the reader a robust picture of their traits through their own perspective as well as the perspective of others in the game. The story itself is immensely satisfying, with multiple climactic events that are well balanced throughout its telling, leaving a lot of meat on the bone for multiple sections throughout, rather than having to suffer an unbearably slow build up. Overall its become one of my absolute favorite VNs, up there with 999, Chaos;Child, Grisaia, and Danganronpa.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    Oh cool, I thought we weren't continuing but I'm glad we are. I've only got one for the moment.

God of War (PS4)
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    Yeah, since I really liked this list, I decided to take over and continue it :)
    sig.gif
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 19
    Beat my first game of the year!
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U)

It took me far too long to beat this, but I really enjoyed it. What I probably least like were the long normal battles, especially with the inability to skip or speed up session moves. I generally enjoyed the battle system and the game as a whole. It's good, goofy fun, and the way the two franchises are mashed together in this game is fascinating. I would still take that Switch port, or even a sequel in a heartbeat. Arceus knows if either of those will happen, though.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs