If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2020 Completed Games List

OmbresOmbres Games horderFull Members
edited 2:54PM in Miscellaneous Gaming
Welcome to the 2020 Completed Game List thread. I am glad to se that I am not the only one that liked this list, so here the new one for this year and happy gaming!

Previous annual lists:

2011 - Corrupted
2012 - Corrupted
2013 - Corrupted

Unfortunately, as you can see, 2011-13 were corrupted by the previous forum data transfer. The culprit is Pokemon. By using the accent "e" in the official title spelling, this caused all the rest of any post with that alt-coding to become lost.

Onto the real matter at hand! The rules for the list are simple, but very important. All games completed in the calendar year of 2020 can be counted for inclusion. Completed-in-2020 is the sole rule. Whatever you want to count as an individual title is up to you. It is your list. I am merely here to help leave a lasting legacy, in case you ever want to remind yourself when you beat a certain game. Please, use this thread to discuss the games you complete with each other, whether said game is a gem or a turd. If you are for some reason lying about completing a game on an online forum, that's your problem, not mine. I operate under the impression that this is done for fun.

Updates to the list will be made at least weekly.

For personal list customization, please highlight or point out any special notes about a playthrough. For example, you may use brackets or bold/italics to point out game difficulty, play time count, completion percentage, et al. I will be happy to include this on your list, but I can only do so if it is fairly obvious in the post. While I do tend to read most posts thoroughly, a remark on game difficulty buried in the middle of the third paragraph (of seven) will most likely slip through the cracks. If you want to have total game hours tracked, I can also include that statistic next to the number of completed games listed next to the your name--just ask for this service in your first post in this thread, and I will track it from there.

Finally, because I am a dirty, fat liar, there is actually a second rule. You must include the system that the game was concluded on. If not, I will count it as "????", and it will be your responsibility to rectify this, not mine.

Games will be listed in the following order (in chronological order; i.e. NES, SNES, N64, etc.):

Systems:
Nintendo Family
Sega Family
PlayStation Family
Xbox Family
PC
Arcade
Other

Handhelds:
Nintendo Family
Game Gear
PlayStation Family
Mobile Platforms (e.g. iPhone)

For digital store games, please list them on the platform you physically beat the game on, but mention that the game came from a specific digital service. For example, if you use PSN to download Final Fantasy VII and beat it on a PSVita, then please list the game as Final Fantasy VII (PSVita) - via PSN. This is also welcome for Steam and other PC-based digital services. I will by no means stress this; this is just a request from yours truly for the sake of formalities.

Now begins the 2020 list:

7thCircle - Games Finished: 13

Switch
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Pokemon Shield
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Longest Five Minutes

PS4
Borderlands 3
Greedfall
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Persona 5 Royal
Streets of Rage 4
The Outer Worlds

PC
Disco Elysium
Slay the Spire
The Executioner

----

Cassandra Ramos - Games Finished: 2

DS
Chrono Trigger

Android
Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation

----

ChickenGod - Games Finished: 8

PS4
Code Vein
Marvel's Spiderman
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World

PC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

3DS
Bravely Second: End Layer

----

Krull - Games Finished: 10

Switch
Astral Chain
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
The Witcher III

iOS
80 Days
Adventures of Mana
Agent A
Severed
Thomas Was Alone
Wizards and Wagons
VVVVVV

----

maryadavies - Games Finished: 2

PS4
Trials Of Mana (Postgame)

PC
Final Fantasy 3

----

Ombres - Games Finished: 24

Switch
Castlevania (via Castlevania Anniversary Collection)
Dimension Drive
Lost Sphear
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Overcooked
Pokemon Shield
Sine Mora Ex
Stranded Sails Explorers of the Cursed Islands

PS3
Ni No Kuni - Wrath of The White Witch

PC
Celeste
Finding Paradise
Her Story
Mega Man X(via Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
Mega Man X2(via Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
Minit
One Finger Death Punch 2
Slay the Spire
SquareCells
SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig 2
Steamworld quest: Hand of Gilgamech
The Stanley Parable
To the Moon
What Remains of Edith Finch

----

redwing42 - Games Finished: 7

Switch
Kid Icarus (NES via Switch)

PS4
What Remains of Edith Finch
Yakuza Kiwami

PXBONE
DOOM (2016)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Resident Evil 2 Remake

PC
Civilization VI

----

Ryan McCarthy - Games Finished: 8

PS4
Dusk Diver
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
Ganbare! Super Strikers
Heroland
Knack
Wandersong
Yakuza 5

PC
UFO Swamp Odyssey

----

Sam Wachter - Games Finished: 19

Switch
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy Adventure (via Mana Collection)
Pokemon Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Wargroove
Wide Ocean, Big Jacket

PS4
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
Coffee Talk
Full Throttle Remastered
Sakura Wars
Star Ocean: First Departure R
The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

PC
Cthulhu Saves Christmas
Telling Lies
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
West of Loathing

NDS
Pokemon Conquest
Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Total number of games finished total in 2020: 93
Total number of people participating in 2020: 9
Average games per person in 2020: 10.33
Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
sig.gif

Comments

• Sam WachterSam Wachter RPGamer Staff
    Off to a great start in 2020, as I completed two games I was at the end of of! What a great way to spend my first day off of the year!

West of Loathing (PC)
    Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (PS4)

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited January 4
    Good start :)

One Finger Death Punch 2(PC)
    sig.gif
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 5
    I feel like I've been slowly picking at The Longest Five Minutes (Switch) for months, but that could be because the ending sequence had me clicking through 1000 text windows often containing 6 or fewer words, and rewatching flashbacks within flashbacks and multiple recaps of flashbacks that literally happened less than a minute ago. Some good ideas wasted on a generic JRPG, which I was expected and am not really complaining about since I planned to play it while watching NFL games, but the drawn out ending was annoying.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • KrullKrull Full Members
    edited January 5
    I fear it looks like I am just ripping through some iOS games to beef up my completed games tally, but I think I am done with 80 Days, the marvellous visual novel by Inkle. Absolutely loved this game, playing Passepartout, the valet to Phileas Fogg, in a bizarre steampunk world. Flying islands, death cultists, a techno-Zulu empire, Captain Nemo - it has it all. Went around the world numerous times, not always within the 80-day limit, but had a ball on each occasion. Once I stopped caring about winning and losing, and just focused on the journey, I really got into it. I’ve got most of Inkle’s games on iOS, but only really dabbled with Sorcery 3 previously. Think I will definitely try to go through the whole Sorcery! series next. Now that is some old-school RP gaming!

Oh, I guess I’d give it a 4/5. It’s hardly a visual or aural feast, but the writing and world-building, in particular, are excellent.
    Pokémon Shield (Switch)

Did have fun with this one, even if the ending was way to easy, you get fully heal between each fight!!
    sig.gif
    There was a stretch around the middle to middle-end of The Outer Worlds (PS4) where I wasn't very engaged and found the game on the dull side, but the ending pulled me back into it and left me wanting more. If Monarch were shorter (or denser) and quick travel were quicker, I'd be stoked on this game and wishing it were twice as long. As it is, the writing, setting, characters, and scenarios are fantastic, but the game's mechanics got in the way sometimes.
  • Ryan McCarthyRyan McCarthy RPGamer Staff
    Wandersong (PS4)

Liked this a lot. Really nice, optimistic game.
    edited February 16
    Stranded Sails Explorers of the Cursed Islands (Switch)

Even if this game, is basically a fetch quest game, there almost no combat, a little bit of farming, cooking, fishing and relationship builder, I did have fun with it anyway, would I recommend this game, sadly no.

You have a stamina bar that go down with everything that you do, even walking, you can sleep or eat to restore it, if you ran out of it in the middle of an exploration, you fall asleep and wake up beside your bed with no other consequence.

To learn new recipe, you have to play a mini game where you need to find what ingredient go where, a bit like the game Master mind, when you have just a bit of ingredients it is fun but as soon as you start to have more kind it become tedious, with a lot of trial and error.

To upgrade the crew happiness, you have to cook a stew, where you pick one ingredient for each member, if you pick one that they like, the happiness of everyone with grow faster, as you level up the happiness, you get tools upgrade and expansion for your camp.

Even the ending is bad, you juste get booted back to the title screen, where they open the credit for you, that have been always available form the start on the title screen anyway...
    sig.gif
    Pokemon Sword (Switch)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 22
    The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (PS4) - Got this recently on sale as a lot of games weren't really clicking with me lately. This turned out to be one that really captured my attention, and in a way that the original Silver Case just couldn't manage. The 25th Ward's visuals are much improved over the first Silver Case, which led to a lot less confusion during gameplay. On top of that, they trimmed down the weakest aspect of this Visual Novel, the gameplay itself, to be a lot less tiresome. Honestly, they could have just removed all interaction and it likely would have been better for it. Also, removing the silent protagonist from the first game in favor of just following specific characters allows the three stories to flow better. The Match Maker perspective helped anchor the bizarre and almost nonsensical happenings in the second half of Correctness. The story's absurdity that borders between gibberish and inspiration really stands out as an avant-garde style thats rarely seen in any games. Heck, just having a narrative that is somewhat abusive and absolutely assumes its reader is an adult is refreshing. Its actually pretty fascinating to play a game where all of the characters have essentially normalized psychotic behavior. Unfortunately, the game veers off just a little too much with its lack of explainations, specifically when it comes to cases like
    Spoiler:
    Sumio Kodai, who should have been in jail, escapes/gets released without mention, wandered around in a dissociate fugue state as another person, returned to where he was living and allowed to continue his previous job, only to show up in this game for all of 10 minutes and maybe gets possessed temporarily by some sort of spiritiual personality for no discernable reason?
    There's just too many interesting loose threads that don't get tackled even in an obtuse way to really leave me feeling fully satisfied. That being said, the pacing, visuals, style, and sheer strangeness of the title was quite enamoring and I certainly had a lot more fun with this one than the original Silver Case. If they ever make another one I'd give it a try for sure.

Edit: Also, Thanks Ombres for your work on keeping this going.
    Always a pleasure, I really like the fact to have a list of all games that I finished years after years, and it fun to share with you all :)

Also, on what system did you play that one?
    sig.gif
    edited January 18
    I'm so glad Disco Elysium (PC) didn't fly under my radar. Suppose I have Steam to thank for that. Outstanding writing and a special game. Looking back, I've played several games lately with either a great story or great writing or both -- this, Outer Worlds, Shadowbringers, Numenera, and even Borderlands 3 has its moments -- I appreciate the extra effort that goes into building these worlds and dialogue trees.

Slay the Spire (PC) released a new, free character last week and I hadn't uninstalled the game from playing it last year, so I played it several times with the new character. Probably still prefer Silent, but the new one was fun too. And free. Free is good.
    edited January 18
    Whoops, I ended up playing it on the PS4. Edited the post to reflect that.

Nice to see you enjoyed Disco Elysium, 7th. I've been hearing really good things about it, but I've yet to try it out mostly because I don't want to go through such a large download without being certain I'll like the game. Supposedly a PS4 port is coming this year, but I might end up giving it a try on PC if there's a good enough sale or I get too curious to try it.
    edited January 19
    Overcooked (Switch)

Did have a lot of fun with this one, did play with my wife a good while, but she did find it way to stressful!

Castlevania (via Castlevania Anniversary Collection) (Switch)

Always to do a quick run of that game, I might do the rest later this year :)
    sig.gif
    edited January 22
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim (PC) - Picked this up on sale for $5 awhile back. I remember hearing Ys 6 was a let down, but wow. I was not expecting it to be as horrible as it was. Thinking about it for a moment, this might be the worst game I played over the last year and a half. Basic combat with normal enemies is relatively boring, there's not a ton of variety and most enemies are really small and kind of blob like. Boss fights here are probably the worst I can recall in any Ys I've played, you jump and upslash or downslash nearly every boss in the game besides the final couple. There's a lot of broken hitboxes on bosses like the Ship and Cave boss that aren't challenging as much as they are there to troll you. Infact, the whole game found tons of little ways to troll the player, from the first mini-boss having a 1 shot kill enemy fall from the ceiling in the very first dungeon to things like having to guide uncontrollable NPCs through hordes of enemies that will game you over if they die. The story is pretty weak even by old Ys standards, and I felt like I needed to use a guide right from the beginning to avoid having to wander around aimlessly with no direction until you happen upon where to go next. About the only saving grace here was the music and the fact that the game is really short. Overall, I'm SO happy that Falcom evolved Ys when they did, otherwise this series would be dead in a ditch. The only thing that led me to keep going was the desire to say I've finished every Ys, plus now I have a newfound appreciation for just how blessed the series is to have made such a significant overhaul from the garbage that this game is.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    Resident Evil 2 Remake (XBONE) - Resident Evil 2 on PSX was my introduction to the series, and was one of my favorite games of the entire PSX catalog. However, I hadn't actually played that game for at least 15 years at this point. I finally picked up the remake around the holidays, and it did not disappoint. I know there were some changes, but I couldn't tell you what they were, aside from thinking there was a bit less duplication between the Leon A and Claire B stories in the original. I will certainly be going back to play the opposite side (Claire A, Leon B), and will probably go through the side stories as well. Definitely looking forward to RE3make.
    edited January 23
    YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (PS4) - Been working on this one for quite some time. Cold Steel 3 made me put it down, and I'm not sure why I didn't pick it back up faster. I kinda regret not finishing it earlier. The biggest standout for me with YU-NO is the soundtrack. In this game, the music is just on a completely different level. There's literally 5 hours worth of different tracks here, and all of them work masterfully to set the mystic mood and otherworldly feeling this game has. Its no stretch to say that this game's soundtrack is its soul, and would be a completely different experience without it. Truly inspired stuff here. I've noticed it more and more, but music is has become increasingly important to me over the years in gaming, and it really culminated with this title in a fantastic way. As far as the story goes, it was pretty good and entertaining with its fair share of emotional and memorable moments. This VN protagonist was more interesting than most due to the clash between how he expresses himself outwardly and how he really feels. You also get to see a tremendous amount of growth as he gets put into a rare role. Unfortunately, I do think the very end was rushed just a tad. As the grandfather of the branching mystery VN, YU-NO was quite good if not exceptional, and long as heck.
    edited January 26
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    Nice to see you enjoyed Disco Elysium, 7th. I've been hearing really good things about it, but I've yet to try it out mostly because I don't want to go through such a large download without being certain I'll like the game.

I've found, based on a small sample size, that I like Eastern European writing a lot. I wasn't surprised when I read after playing it that Disco was written by an Estonian author. The communist influences were a giveaway, but the game's whole tone appealed to me in the same way Witcher and Dostoevsky do.

I played Borderlands 3 (PS4) last year couch co-op on my brother's system, and got it for Christmas to replay solo. Weirdly, all the bugs and issues we ran into couch co-op didn't happen when I played solo, but I ran into a new batch of minor bugs we didn't encounter couch co-op. I went with Amara the siren this time and midway through the game started putting out a massive amount of damage while keeping plenty of survivability and breezed through the 2nd half. I only changed my primary weapon once in the last half of the game. Found a legendary that fit my build so well, nothing better dropped until the final boss. I'd say FL4K was more fun, but Amara was much stronger. Could just be I knew the mechanics better the 2nd time or got luckier with weapon drops.

I still think this is the best Borderlands game. The main thing it does worse than BL2 (excluding bugs) is the story and characters are hit and miss, with some big misses, whereas this is a consistent strength in BL2. I think the plan is for me and my brother to start over again once all the DLC is out, so there's a 3rd playthrough in my future.
    Minit (PC)

a fun little game that you live only 60 seconds, you have to use that time to find a new thing to do to advance the story, yo do keep every item that you found, take less that 2 hours to finish and there a lot of puzzle, good time :)
    sig.gif
    edited January 30
    Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS) - My final team comp was Magonilia: Ninja/Pirate, Yew - Yokai/Summoner, Edea: Monk/Dark Knight, and Tiz: Kaiser/Catmancer. Special thanks to Strawberry whose Ablink saved me a lot of money so I could use Mimic and items on my Catmancer and therefore didn't need to grind much for costume money.

There's got to be a small line that divides the sum total pieces of this game into a perfect halves between things I liked, and disliked. Its pretty nuts. Glossing over the story a bit, I honestly wasn't all that impressed with most of the major plot points. Unfortunately, tons of important events that are key to the overall tale happen off screen or are glossed over with backstory or little silhouettes, which leads to a rather weak presentation. I'm also not big fan of how you're just kinda supposed to accept some of the crazier things that happen, it just seemed like they were trying to do too much and as a result nothing in the main story ended up being cooked quite to temperature. That being said, I did like the very end, it was pretty cool and clever. On top of that, the smaller events that happen (which make up the bulk of the experience), such as the conflicts between asterisk holders, were enjoyable. I liked the dialogue between the whole cast, as well as the voice acting too.

Concerning the gameplay, its the same chasm of likes and dislikes for me. Just like the original Bravely Default, I absolutely cannot stand things like turning off encounters or the host of mechanics that destroy the game's challenge if you elect to have fun with them. I know people defend this, but for me its a constant headache. Turning encounters off means you make dungeons these vast empty spaces to walk through, and completely kills any sense of attrition that mage classes have with holding on to MP. Keeping them on as you go, on the other hand, means you end up being over leveled and make the game even easier. If there was a harder difficulty I can see some of these issues being softened up. Bravely Second is just way too easy, even on Hard. Keeping Hard on is also a waste of time for normal encounters as you get no benefit for doing so other than sometimes not wiping them due to their higher HP, so thats kind of annoying. Basically, all the optional little mechanics in the game work together beautifully to create a system that I cannot bleeping stand. Looking at the good, however, there's actually a lot to like here. The job system was really fun this time around, and there is so much you can do, especially with the revamped way jobs level and grow. Ablink can also unlock a class early if you want to have fun experimenting without actually investing time. Throughout the game I used tons of different class combinations, from things like the Patisser's Flambe with Quad Wield, to Catmancer's heavy use of items + specials, Spellcraft and Summoner spells, and so much more. It was loads of fun and I had a blast, especially since magic and elemental attacks felt stronger overall in Second. There were a nifty amount of bosses in the game that did different things and gave you opportunities to try different stuff out. I actually had much more fun in Bravely Second than I did Default, as there's no repetition here, only solid, well streamlined content.

Considering Bravely's biggest draw for me is the Jobs, I'd say they actually hit it out of the park here, and as such I had quite a good time with the game in spite of the shortcomings. Excited to see what Bravely Default 2 and its imaginary sequel, Bravely Second: Squared have in store on the Switch!
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 31
    I just finished Chrono Trigger for DS. It was on New Game+, so it took me only 26 hours to finish, and that's with the major side quests. I specifically went for the Dream's Epilogue ending. I didn't think I'd be revisiting this game out of the blue.

It is interesting how this version's additions tie it better to Chrono Cross.
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    Special thanks to Strawberry whose Ablink saved me a lot of money so I could use Mimic and items on my Catmancer and therefore didn't need to grind much for costume money.
    You're welcome. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited February 2
    Marvel's Spiderman (PS4) - Another of the many games I've been working on. This is one of the few AAA games that managed to live up to the hype for me, more or less. The visuals were stunning, and it being one of the most colorful games I've played in HDR yet was pretty impressive. All the aspects of gameplay here were outstanding too. Traversing the open city was more fun than expected, and Spiderman's movement options feel fluid and accurate to his character. Fighting normal groups of enemies is extremely satisfying, as the gadget options give you a lot of different ways to attack them, and because they were so fun, keeping boss fights to a minimum also let them feel meaningful and impactful down the line as well. Even the side missions and other open world collectables were pretty fun to mess around with, which is a rarity for me. However, I do think there were way too many crimes to deal with by the end of the game, which prevented me from completing 100% because they are just too repetitive for how many there are. Other than that, I do think the main plot was a little confused on where it wanted to go, and it felt like you could see the ideas the developers had evolve over time, rather than it being a cohesive vision from beginning to end. It was certainly serviceable, but I'd love to see a second game with a story really dialed in, as thats the main thing missing that would have pushed the game from being just "Great" to an "All time Great" for me. Regardless, this is by far the best Spiderman game I've ever played and I loved doing whatever a Spider does in the Scarlet Spider costume. Hopefully there's more on the way in the future.
    Dimension Drive (Switch)

This was a very fun 2D shooter, with a twist that the screen is spit in two and you can warp from one side or the other side with press of a button, just make sure you don’t warp in a wall, not that it did happen to me… a lot. Also, as the story progress you unlock two others ability that is very well done and have a sense that it give you a very good sense of progression.

It was short but hard enough that it was a perfect length for me.

I was looking into my switch collection and got a couple of those games that I want to do, it is hard to pick a game! So many I want to play!!
    sig.gif
    edited February 9
    After about 60 hours, I’m ready to say I’m done with Astral Chain (Switch). Actually rolled credits about a week ago, but didn’t feel I could put it aside till I’d done some postgame stuff - and rescued all the cats, obvs.

Very good game. The combat system is extremely satisfying, in that Platinum way, but I probably enjoyed the exploration, secrets and stupid mini games even more. Got its hooks into me more than Bayonetta ever did - but it’s convinced me to give Bayo another go some day. Astral Chain has ridiculous amounts of personality, even if the story is basically just a riff on
    Spoiler:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    . The postgame stuff, however, is mainly just screwing the combat up to the max. I burnt out after 20-odd missions - out of over 70! Got my cat ears, I’m done.
    edited February 10
    Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4)
    Professor Layton and the Last Specter (NDS)
    The Stanley Parable (PC)

That is a weird game, lot of fun to try to find everyway you can end the game.
    sig.gif
    Coffee Talk (PS4)
    SquareCells(PC)

A fun little puzzle game, it nice to change the pace sometime to do some puzzle games!
    sig.gif
    edited February 18
    Code Vein (PS4) - Initially I started this game having spent 3 hours in the character customizer, only to be disappointed with how it looked in motion and other light sources. This caused me to focus on other games in the busy months of its release, but I went back again a few weeks ago and made a Samus character that came out looking infinitely better. Code Vein might by my favorite game with Samus as a main character, haha. Though I was interested in using Bayonets as my main weapon, I ended up sticking to Hammers in the early game, and then used the fire and ice 1-handed swords for the rest. For me, the game was at its most fun during the Cathedral of Sacred Blood, when you have a huge labyrinth with minor built in puzzles to solve. Unfortunately, Code Vein does suffer from a build up of minor issues that just compounded to keep the game from being something truly standout. A few examples include the ugly glow effect and walk speed in Vestige Memories, the difficulty being kind of on the easy side, few clothing options, and no option to hide the often ugly blood veil armors. The last few in particular are especially damning, because this game was promoted for its character customization and these issues come as a blind side for those who care about the feature. Overall though, I really did enjoy Code Vein and I believe a more polished sequel could go a long ways towards being a truly fantastic game. Styling on enemies with the large number of gifts available lets you execute some pretty impressive attacking patterns that simply aren't in other Souls-like games. A Code Vein 2 with more weapon types, and a tighter focus on Blood Codes as actual classes rather than generally collectible abilities with the other issues cleaned up would just be amazing. I loved the visuals, and things like the Quick mobility dash, many of the boss fights, and the general presentation of the world and its formation help drive things forward in a way that others of this type can be lacking.
    Aw, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch) is adorable. Given the age and basic platform of the source material, it’s amazing what a rich and rewarding action-adventure this is. The polish of the Switch version is certainly lovely, but the bones are what makes this game special. I haven’t played them all, but I think this is my favourite 2D Zelda - I liked it even more than ALttP, which I played just last year. On a first-time playthrough, it took me around 20hrs, including fooling around with most of the dungeon-building mini game (only the first three-quarters of it offer real rewards, so I did those). TBH, this was one of those games where I went looking for extra stuff to do because I wasn’t ready for it to end. A well-deserved 4.5 for me.

Next up is The Witcher 3 on Switch - so I probably won’t post in this thread again for some time!