If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

Comments

• LordoftheMorningLordoftheMorning Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"scotishtidus Posted on Sep. 15 2003,09:45
    just completed final fantasy X , as im from britain we dnt get them released as quickly as you so im stuck waiting till november for X-2, so if any one can give me the name of any other good rpgs ?? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

If you havent played the suikodens, you need to.. just awesome. I would also reccomend star ocean 2 and Kingdom HEarts.
  • Lord SasaraiLord Sasarai Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Currently, I'm playing Xenosaga (great game). ?After that, I'm going to see if I can find a copy of the original Suikoden for under $30 (fat chance). ?I also plan to play FF X-2, which hopefully isn't just 15 hours long (which I've read somewhere online, I forget where).

• MogMog Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I've been ?replaying Final Fantasy 6 again this week, though it may get put to one side now with the arrival of FF Tactics Advance. I always seem to have a multitude of games going at the same time - I've also spent time on Star Ocean 2, Grandia 2 (again), Dark Chronicle, Otogi and Wanderers from Ys in recent weeks. Ring of Red too.

• IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I was playing Final Fantasy 2j until a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed at the last bosses, the Blood Swords that Firion and Leon had equipped did all the work, I expected more from them.

As for future playing, FFX-2, FF: CC are the only ones on plans, but I am tempted by Knights of the Old Republic.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I just finished Xenosaga Episode One. What a waste of thirty bucks.
  • DevilMayCareDevilMayCare Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    ..That's a waste of 30 bucks? You must've not played through .Hack//Infection yet..

Anyway, FFTA has caught my attention, although I was deeply yearning for a dark, serious, political story like FFT at the moment. After I'm done with it, and I get some money I'll have to make a choice; Suikoden 2, or save up for Disgaea..Suikoden 2 is about..40 bucks, used, with a booklet, and it's in pretty much mint condition. But it's going to take a while to get it..maybe I should save up and buy Disgaea instead.

I really need to finish off Tactic's Orge: The Knight Of Lodis (And now that I've played FFTA, I must say it uses quite a bit of sound effects from TKOL) but it's ever increasing difficulty has turned me away for awhile.

FFX, Vagrant Story, FF5, Front Mission, Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits, Front Mission 3; all games I was very close to finishing but never did. I'm on a mission to finish them off before they get hard to find (mainly, Front Mission 3).
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2003
    Ruby & Saphire Playing now, and also replaying KH, and Chrono Cross. I have the whole day to play all three =)
  • i am the killeri am the killer Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Right now I am playing xenogears, and i am about 46 hours into, in the second anima relic, i love this game so much!!!!
    I am also about 20 hours into Final Fantasy Tactics, it is swell. After xenogears, i am going ot start on disc 2 of star ocean, second story.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Final Fantasy 2, but I dont quite remember where I'm at.

Suikoden 3.

Legend of Dragoon.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited September 2003
    now:im playing FFTA and Disgaea.
    Next: FF X-2 and im leaning towards buying SoM but im still on the fence.
    maybe: a few action rpgs like KH and DC2 to hold me over until december.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DevilMayCare @ Sep. 19 2003,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"..That's a waste of 30 bucks? You must've not played through .Hack//Infection yet..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I agree! .hack is a VERY bad game. I used to think it was fun to go around and "hack" stuff to death, but it gets so boring after a while. During battle, the camera/screen display gets so annoying! The huge red texts and messiness of everything else on the screen makes it hard to enjoy the battle, and ultimately the game. And Desh, that's another thing we disagree upon. Xenosaga is a very great game IMO.
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    In anticipation of the release of dark chronicle i'm going through dark cloud again
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    I've been playing Golden Sun, barely scratched the surface of FFT:A and I just got Disgaea and I think I love it! biggrin.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    Dark Cloud. I can't believe I didn't play this game earlier.
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I am currently playing Xenosaga on the PS2 and FFTA on the GBA SP.

Wild Arms 3, FFT, Tales of Destiny 2, Skies of Arcadia Legends, PSO Episodes 1&2 and Lunar Legend are currently on the back burner untill I complete these.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I'm not playing any right now, I'm playing Soul Calibur 2, Splinter Cell, and Halo. Mostly Halo.
  • SilvermaneSilvermane Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Now I'm playing Skies of Arcadia for DC. I paid only $11 for it. laugh.gif Also Im replaying .hack//infection because my brother lost our original memory card.
  • Holy DragoonHoly Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I bought Wild Arms 3 a few days ago, and so far I'm pretty impressed. I thought about buying it when it first came out, but I was majorly disapointed with the second in the series, and didn't feel like spending fifty dollars on a game that might be just as contrived. I saw it on sale for a mere $15 at my local Shopko, (A brand new one! Quite a find if I do say so myself.) and decided to give it a go. I'm in the middle of the second chapter, and can easily say this is worlds ahead of its predecessor.
  • gameologistgameologist Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I am currently playing FFTA and several other PC games. I try to keep it at 1 console/Handheld and one PC game and one side project (such as Modding or RPGmaking). But I cant seem to not start new games. After FFTA I think Im gonna go for Disgea since I heard someware that sometimes Atlus games are impossible to find in the future, Oh and It looks great
  • DeshrillDeshrill Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I am playing Disgaea (not too far in it, just at the boss battle of Chapter 2) right now. I've playing Xenosaga on and off for a while-- I like the game, but I have to be in the right mood to play it. I probably have a few hours left in that one (I'm in the next-to-last dungeon). I also started Mega Man Legends...

It's funny about Disgaea-- I picked it up because it got good reviews and was the last copy left at the local Gamestop. After showing it to my friends, 3 of them ended up buying it as well! How is Disgaea selling overall?
  • cosmicballercosmicballer New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    ive played like every rpg ever, well not exectly but ive played every tunrbased or strategy one with a good plot, basicaly once i complete ff8 and then 7 im done (and shenmue 2), so if anybody can think of an obscure non action rpg with great story or character elements that i may have looked post up!
  • cosmicballercosmicballer New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    *over looked* sorry for the typo
  • The amazing CidThe amazing Cid Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Right now Im playing Dark Cloud 2 and Disgaea

Hope to get FFTA pretty soon and of course FFX-2 when it comes out

• DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SeraphicLaw @ Sep. 20 2003,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And Desh, that's another thing we disagree upon. Xenosaga is a very great game IMO.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Xenosaga? A great game? It was hardly a game at all. On top of that, it was hardly a story at all. And there were hardly any actual characters in it. There's also hardly any music, or variety in ambience. Oh, and there was hardly any customization, too. That was lots of fun.

It was pitiful. A huge waste of thirty bucks for an equal amount of hours.
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    While I tend to be strictly drawn to gameplay driven games, I actually enjoyed Xenosaga. I was very critical of the game before I actually played it, but there's really is plenty of stuff to do at leisure and character customization was decent enough. It certainly isn't as groundbreaking as some people claim but it can hold it's ground against plenty of other games. Not my favorite, but not the worst either.

Right now, I'm playing DC2, FFTA, Unlimited SaGa, Arc 4, and replaying Ocarina of Time. I have plenty to keep me busy for awhile. Next month DemiKids comes out so I'll have that to add to the heap as well.
  • ClayoniteClayonite New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I haven't played RPGs for a while now. been playing Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Dynasty Wariors 4, Onimusha, Onimusha 2 and Chaos Legion.
    I guess I've grown to a more hack'n slash-person. Heh. smile.gif

I think the last RPG I played was Kingdom Hearts or Legaia 2.
    -And now I've finally got my hands on Suikoden 2. Gonna start play that soon. biggrin.gif
  • AlacardAlacard New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Playing FFX sone as I'am done with that moving on to FFX2 as sone as I get it. But if I beat it befor FFx2 I will play FFVlll, AGAIN and AGAIN.
  • NeoNessNeoNess Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Now: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Next: .hack//infection or Arc the Lad Collection
  • DevilMayCareDevilMayCare Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Sep. 25 2003,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SeraphicLaw @ Sep. 20 2003,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And Desh, that's another thing we disagree upon. Xenosaga is a very great game IMO.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Xenosaga? ?A great game? ?It was hardly a game at all.On top of that, it was hardly a story at all. ?And there were hardly any actual characters in it.There's also hardly any music, or variety in ambience. ?Oh, and there was hardly any customization, too. ?That was lots of fun.

It was pitiful. ?A huge waste of thirty bucks for an equal amount of hours.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    eh.gif

My god do you even know what a good story is? I can accept everything else you said; some of it is actually true, although Yasunori Mitsuda is one of the best VGM musicians in the field, and many of the songs in the game are incredibly well done, it was all hindered by the sheer lack of music; quality is more important than quantity, but my goodness, this is insane. I downloaded the soundtrack, and there's only 12 or 15 songs! (I swear if I have to hear that battle theme one more time..)

But the story..did you skip like, half or all of the cutscene's? This isn't a mere story, it's nothing short of an epic tale of humanity's desperate struggle's, and the unlikely few thrown into a private war. Albedo was one of the most cynical and well done villians I've seen (Where Kefka was just the one liners, Albedo is neither shallow, nor held from the abyss of normal villians by just his silly one liner's..although the whole "ma belle peche" thing was kind of creepy..) in a video game. While the music may have disappointed some, and the customization left one wishing for something more (It wasn't bad, but it was too easy to just send all the useful abilities from a character you don't want in your party to one you want, and throw that one on the backburner for the rest of the game this "Vampire" scenario only went against Ziggy, and MOMO, mainly because they both sucked; Ziggy had a terrible speed stat and MOMO...well, her HP..) it was still a damned good game. Flaws and all, I enjoyed Xenosaga, it was one of the most engrossing video game experiences I've ever had the pleasure of taking a part in...

Oh..no, I just read your whole post about the characters not being real. What, you'd rather have Kite, Yuri and Tidus as a group in a game instead of the enigmatic Ziggy, the mysterious stranger, with a melancholy smile almost always etched upon his face; Chaos..? You'd rather have a pack of cliche's instead of the epitome of everything one might want in a main character; Shion? She was the closest thing to a real person I've seen a character in a video game go too (at least a sci fi one) thrown into a situation she hardly wanted to be thrust upon her..
  • NeoNessNeoNess Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Amoch @ Sep. 21 2003,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Dark Cloud. I can't believe I didn't play this game earlier.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Dark Cloud 2 > Dark Cloud

Seriously, after going through and finishing Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud has some seriously problems. ;)