If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

Comments

• DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I don't have time to address everything you've said about Xenosaga, DevilMayCare, seeing as I have class in... ack, too little time. There's one thing I really must attack, though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Albedo was one of the most cynical and well done villians I've seen (Where Kefka was just the one liners, Albedo is neither shallow, nor held from the abyss of normal villians by just his silly one liner's..although the whole "ma belle peche" thing was kind of creepy..) in a video game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You have got to be kidding me. Albedo speaks in some of the most painful verse I've ever had to sit through. It was horribly written, much like the rest of the game. That, combined with his laughter *twitch twitch*, Albedo is easily my least favorite villain of all time. Just because the writers have provided him with a seemingly endless stream of back-up plans that he pulls out of his ass with gusto doesn't mean he's deep.

Hmm, I have time for one more point.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh..no, I just read your whole post about the characters not being real. What, you'd rather have Kite, Yuri and Tidus as a group in a game instead of the enigmatic Ziggy, the mysterious stranger, with a melancholy smile almost always etched upon his face; Chaos..?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I would take characters who I can get to know as a person, for better or worse, than to be stuck with a pack of characters that won't tell me anything about themselves. Chaos was the worst example of this. He doesn't say anything about himself, meaning he's got some super secrets waiting in store for us (which we'll hear about when? Episode III, maybe?), but his battle abilities give him away.

Xenosaga is one big game of "Let's see how many plot holes we can throw in. We can fill them all in later, we promise... *snicker snicker*" It's disgusting.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2003
    disgaea,final fantasy tactics advance,and shinning force 2....
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NeoNess @ Sep. 28 2003,17wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    Dark Cloud 2 > Dark Cloud

Seriously, after going through and finishing Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud has some seriously problems. ;)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Totally agreed. ?I loved the Georama in DC1, but didn't manage to get past the first sealed dungeon level where you could only use Goro. ?I hated Goro and didn't want to level him up, so I dropped the game, intending to come back to it when I had the patience, but never did.

I loved DC2. ?It has its repetitive parts, and on the whole it's a little too easy (I'm no RPG stud and I blew through it with very little difficulty), but it improves on DC1 in so many ways: ?story, characters, visuals, fun...

I wanna play DC2 again, but I loaned it to my brother and haven't gotten it back yet. ?He's logged 120 hours on it!! ?wow.gif ?I only managed 85 myself.
  • ChromotriggerChromotrigger Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Right now... I am actually playing my very first RPG: Breath of Fire 2 on my old SNES. I was my very first RPG (boy i got a lot since then)... and i will still remember it as on of the best!

Christian Rothmann Mogensen
    Denmark!
  • Volcom_stoneVolcom_stone Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Well im playing trough Final Fantasy Tactics...... that game is so cool, ive never finished it because of memerycards dissapearings and so much new games coming out but i got the crave for tactics once again and i cant stop leveling up ( Begening of chapter 4 with a level 72 ramza,am i stupid or its normal to waste your day leveling up?)
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited October 2003
    for sure the next game im playing is kingdom hearts, since its going to be a greatest hits game pretty soon i have no reason not to get it now. Plus the two new kingdom hearts games look and sound great and if i want to play those i should have the back story from the first. smile.gif
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Volcom_stone @ Oct. 01 2003,15:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well im playing trough Final Fantasy Tactics...... that game is so cool, ive never finished it because of memerycards dissapearings and so much new games coming out but i got the crave for tactics once again and i cant stop leveling up ( ?Begening of chapter 4 with a level 72 ramza,am i stupid or its normal to waste your day leveling up?)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    dont you find it boring?
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    To each their own.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Playing Lufia 2 over again atm, for some reason I want to destroy the ultra red slime at the dungeon.. ugh.

Far as that xenosaga dispute goes, I'd have to say almost any praise for that game is undeserved. I liked xenogears but this one really made me angry from slow battles, un-used chars, repetative dungeons where you spend much time just trying not to get into an encounter cause they are boring, --stereotypical-- charicters, they weren't very real at all thx, quiet guy who wanted to die cause his kids gone, super brilliant girl who wants to achieve ever since her lover got destroyed by his own invention(and afraid of lightning too whoopee!) the guy who won't tell his past because hes a superhero(angel) in disguise, the uber excentric villian who comes off as a tad gay.. and the pinnochio who becomes close to the guy who lost his child! .. and I just plain didn't like jr..

The story to saga was so-so at best, mabey the sequels will add to what was lacking, but I was sorely dissapointed and threw this game out to play Suiko1/2/3 again instead..

As for the next game.. I want star ocean 3 whee~
  • LarharlLarharl New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Disgaea

Disgaea

.hack//Mutation
  • Lord SasaraiLord Sasarai Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Right now....playing Xenosaga and the first Suikoden (GREAT GAME).
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I liked xenogears but this one really made me angry from slow battles, un-used chars, repetative dungeons where you spend much time just trying not to get into an encounter cause they are boring[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Man, am I the only person who likes long battles? Long battles and less fights > short battles and tons of fights.
  • squonksquonk Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    At the end of Lunar 2...

I am going to replay shining in the darkness since it has been like 12 years since I have seen the ending.

I just beat dq5+dq6. ?I also beat Villgust for the nes.

Halfway through Villgust for the snes...

9/10s of the way through BOF2 but it bores me so I always leave it alone for awhile.

In the middle of Bahamut Lagoon.

At the end of secret of mana 2 aka seiken denetsu 3.

Starting Record of Lodoss War for sega cd.

Starting for like the *20th time* to try and beat dark wizard for sega cd.

Starting Doreamon over *nes*.

I am like half way through this game for sega genesis.

Still trying to beat Phantasy star 2+3... ?Nowhere near the end of either game...

At the end of Willow

Restarting Lunar 1 when I finish those...

Probably going to go back to magic knight rayearth or sailor moon rpg when I finish those. ?However, I am looking at like 700+ hours of gameplay left in those games.

• squonksquonk Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    I see a bunch of people commenting on Suikoden. That game wasn't all that great. I am sure the ps got better as the years went on but the first 2 Suikodens were barely good. I mean if not for the countless number of characters, I would've been extremely bored with the game. It still bored me to death though.

I bought mine used the first for like 15 the second for like 12. Why would you be paying 30 for the first one and 50 for the second? Do you not shop at video game stores or something? It's not like the game is soo rare like Dark Wizard where the game is easily sold for 90 bucks even though it only cost 20 brand new... Bleh new video gamers bore me.
  • DagtaDagta New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Going through the DreamCast version of Skies of Arcadia again. Currently my favorite console game.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Tales of Symphonia.

(note: Without knowing a word of Japanese)
  • IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I am playing FF Tactics Advance.

Next is...

*drums rumbling*

Final Fantasy X-2!!!
  • HibikiHibiki Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    hrm.... well at the moment i having bought any Ps2 games.
    but i am on my computer playing Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. I really want to purchase Breath of Fire V but it hasnt been realeased where im from yet (Australia <--- we lack behind! very FAR behind!) i also want to buy Unlimited Saga and Zone of the Enders 2 (i know its not an RPG btw tounge.gif )
  • seancdaugseancdaug Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm currently in something of a strategy RPG kick. I just beat Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and I am now a ways into Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Depending on whether or not I've had enough of strategy games for a while when I'm done, I may jump into Arc the Lad (from WD's collection, which I've had for quite a while now and haven't played yet), or I might give the RPG vibe a rest for a while and start on Silent Hill 3. And, once the second Civilization III expansion pack comes out, everything else basically goes on hold for a while.... Ditto for Final Fantasy X-2, if we look that far ahead.
  • ArdeaArdea Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Baldur's Gate II. I don't know if the increased pleasure I'm getting playing it through for the second time is because I'm playing it for the second time, or because my party is evil and contains Edwin and Korgan.
    Heron Heron Heron
  • Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm finishing Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I started it about 2 years ago and got angry with it and just quit. I picked it up yesterday and now I'm flying through it.
  • Hazel-Eyed LionHazel-Eyed Lion Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Right now, I'm entranced by the mood and theme of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. It's beautiful. ~whipes a tear~

Next? Uh....I don't know, really. Nothing's caught my eye as of late. confused.gif
  • HarryCareyHarryCarey Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    i've been playing wild arms 3... so far, i'm liking it, too. it may not be as good as the first, but i find it much better than the second. the storyline's intriguing, the characters are cool, and the graphics are neat and innovative.
  • arliparlip New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    i'm going to replay 7, in anticipation of Advent Children. i just have to steal it from my brother first.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Eh, I thought Wild ARMS 2 was alot better. I was surprised by all the twists in the story.
  • Neo HeliosNeo Helios New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    At the moment, I'm actively playing Deus Ex on the PC. (FPS/RPG hybrid, but yeah...)

I'm playing Xenogears again as well. But I haven't been putting much time into it.
  • square-softsquare-soft Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    disgaea hod
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I've been playing Star Ocean 2 and Chrono Cross. And when my friend beats Xenogears and gives it back, I'm gonna play that as well.
    You're probably wondering why I'm just starting to play these games, well, I had the "luck" of having a bad memory card for the ps1, and I was already 5-10 hrs in each of these games. Well, that memory card stopped working and i lost all that data. And since then, it's tough starting all over again.
  • Yellow AppleYellow Apple Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    In the last month I have played:
    Suikoden II
    Suikoden III
    Final Fantasy VI

My SIII game is kind of on hold right now since I wanted to go back and finish II (I never did the first time I played it) and then load the save data for III. But that may take a while since I'm also replaying FFVI (I love that game) and just started playing Blitzkrieg (a wargame for the PC). I'm trying to keep myself entertained until Christmas comes around and I (hopefully) get some new games.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2003
    I'm currently in the midst of playing...
    -Boktai (on the fourth immortal, just waiting for it to be returned to me)
    -Shining Soul (defeated the fifth general, but I'm only level 35...hmm...)
    -FFTA (175 missions or so, though I've taken a break for a bit because it's loaned out to someone)

I've also played a few minutes of Demi Kids (Dark), though I'm wating to finish Shining Soul completely, and then I'll start Light.