If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

Comments

• DragonsoulDragonsoul Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I'm currently playing FF Origins and trying to beat Normal with four white mages. Damn, that's hard. Oh, and the Two Towers video game. It's lots of fun.

Next on the list, is FF9. I'm almost finished and I'd like to add it to my list of finished rpgs. Besides, that I'm enjoying it immensely.
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Disgea: Hour of Darkness My second time through it trying to get another ending
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    RPGs I'm playing:
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Kingdom Hearts
    I really want to get my hands on a copy of Front Mission 3 and I'm waiting on Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
    I'm also become strangely addicted to the Ratchet and Clank series.
  • L StencilL Stencil Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Well i just started to play FFX and i frekin love it, and before this i played grandia II and that was awsome to. once i finish FFX i was wondering if anyone had any opionions on FFX-2
  • NickNick Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Almost finished with Kingdom Hearts, after that I'll probably get X-2, or I might just play the Dark Cloud series as my friend is giving me his copy of the first game for free and selling me the second game to me for $25.
    i don't have a blog, my name isn't chris, and i'm not from scotland.
  • FF_Freak_4_LifeFF_Freak_4_Life Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Skies Of Arcadia, FF 1, FF Tactics Advance, Link To The Past
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I just finished Sword of Mana, still waiting for someone to recommend me a good RPG. .HACK Quarantine is just too much and I bet you'll get too little out of it, so I'll wait for a price drop. I might as well go ahead and pick up Mario & Luigi because nothing else seems worth a purchase right now.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I just got Final Fantasy anthology V and VI. I'm really excited about it since I finished Final Fantasy Origins I and II.
  • BloodysinBloodysin Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I have occasionally been playing Final fantasy 7&10. Also got to get back to Vagrant story to try and get those final few titles. Does anyone know how you get the level 16 title in it?

Anyway. The next rpg i'll play will probably be Final fantasy X-2 and hope it's good for the 40 quid I'll being spending on it.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Currently playing:

Sword of Mana
    Fire Emblem
    Skies of Arcadia Legends

.hack//Quarantine should arrive any day next week as well...
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Currently playing

Fire Emblem
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Phantasy Star Collection
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • NickNick Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Just finished Kingdom Hearts.

Now.....I wait until I can buy those Dark Cloud games. (Out of curiosity, what are people's opinions on the Dark Cloud series?)
    i don't have a blog, my name isn't chris, and i'm not from scotland.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Dark Cloud was a good game, and Dark Cloud 2 is simply better in ever ways.
    But I'm one of those few people who didn't like the series. I just don't like Random dungeons and they are present all through the game. Combats were boring and slow. The game in general was boring. That's my opinion, but as I told you, a lot of people loved the series.
    Go for it and hope you're not like me.
  • ClaySly78ClaySly78 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I just finished FF5.
    Still playing:
    Kingdom Hearts
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Grandia Xtreame
  • KujataXKujataX Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    playing Persona for psx... trying to get decent personas for everyone before beating the game.. lvling up takes forever! has anyone ever beat this game?

last game finished was FF2 in FF origins
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"playing Persona for psx... trying to get decent personas for everyone before beating the game.. lvling up takes forever! has anyone ever beat this game?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Twice. First time around, I beat the game normally. The second time, I beat the game by taking the Snow Queen path. It's exclusive to the Japanese version, but I believe there's a gameshark code that will give you access to the Snow Queen storyline in the US version as well. If you can, you should try playing it, if only to see Toro's stomach turn into a screaming penis. It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a game...
    edited January 2004
    wow cool
    I barely started taking japanese so hopefully in a year or so I can get a hold of a copy of the japanese version and try out the snow queen quest
    screaming penis? Is it something like when using Chatz (Priestess) persona and a penis-thing comes out of it?
    hehe
    would you happen to know anywhere that has that gameshark code?
    edited January 2004
    Heh. It's weird looking. Toro's shirt is open and his stomach just sort of sticks out and forms into this penis with a mouth. And insect legs. And it keeps gnashing it's teeth. I found a really funny animated gif of it once, but I forgot where... At any rate, I doubt I'd be allowed to post it...

Here's the code. I found it on GameFAQs:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"D01F5350 028E
    801F5350 0029

Activate the code in the infirmary after taking Mary's mom.
    Then go into room 1-6.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I've never tried it, so I'm not sure if it works or not. Couldn't hurt to try though. You should get the Japanese version if you can. The changes Atlus made to the US version are awful. As much as I love Atlus, I really hate the way they handled Persona's localization.

Oh, and just a warning; the Snow Queen storyline is RUTHLESS! It's beatable but very, very difficult.

edited January 2004
    awesome! thanks
  • Double_BDouble_B Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I bought today Persona: EP for 16 bucks, I've never played it before, so I know NOTHING about it's background story and such...... confused.gif ?is there something Important I should know before I start EP!?

ps: I got a job now, so I buy whatever my eyes see around the psx section, I didn't have a job back then on the late 90's

edit: the one I'm playing right now, SO2 again and again

edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I bought today Persona: EP for 16 bucks, I've never played it before, so I know NOTHING about it's background story and such...... is there something Important I should know before I start EP!?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm... Not really. It's the sequel to "Persona 2: Innocent Sin" which was only released in Japan. However the "Innocent Sin" portion of the Persona 2 story is summarized very well in "Eternal Punishment".

Let's see... Oh, in case you were wondering, you can't transfer a Japanese "Innocent Sin" save file to the US version of "Eternal Punishment". The only thing that transfering your save file does is carry over all of your tarot cards from "Innocent Sin" to "Eternal Punishment".
    edited January 2004
    thanks bhs, you should be mod tounge.gif

I've just seen the 'bag-on-his-head' guy (Joker right?), that's the most silliest-but-yet-evil I've seen since Kefka at the CG intro movie on the Anthology (no offense), well, back to the ps2!
  • SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Right now, I'm on my first run through Chrono Cross. I have a huge backlog of PSX RPG's I've yet to finish (Including FFIX), plus I'm only about half way through Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA.
  • TheDrunkenGamerTheDrunkenGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    No thanks to that post about the Shinining Force re-release, I went digging.

Now I've abandoned everything for:

Shining Force II.
    edited January 2004
    I picked up Mario & Luigi.
  • Assistant to SumireAssistant to Sumire Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Currently, I am playing:

Xenosaga (PS2)
    Bahamut Lagoon (SNES)
    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Another Story (SNES)
    Shining Force I (Genesis)
    Lunar: Eternal Blue (Saturn)
  • AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Good ol' Kingdom Hearts for me. I'm fixing to beat Jafar in Agrabah. When I'm finish, I'll start the .Hack series.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assistant to Sumire @ Jan. 21 2004,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Currently, I am playing:

Xenosaga (PS2)
    Bahamut Lagoon (SNES)
    Lunar: Eternal Blue (Saturn)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You should try one game at a time!
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You should try one game at a time![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Where's the fun in that? ?smile.gif
    Right now, I'm tackling Black Matrix Zero, Oriental Blue and Summon Night 3 (Almost done! I'll probably play it through again as Aty once I finish with Rexx).

Next up are Growlanser IV, Venus and Braves and Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniacs (as soon as it's released... only eight more days!)

edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Jan. 21 2004,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assistant to Sumire @ Jan. 21 2004,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Currently, I am playing:

Xenosaga (PS2)
    Bahamut Lagoon (SNES)
    Lunar: Eternal Blue (Saturn)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You should try one game at a time![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    it sound's like something I would do, I always take them one at a time, that's maybe why I got like 20+ to play and haven't touched them yet, from ps1, ps2 and pc, I gotta study for college too confused.gif I can't wait 'till summer alien.gif