If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

Comments

• King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm playing through a few of them right now...I try to keep a rotation for all systems in case I feel like a change of pace: (Not that I ever have time to get through them!)

PSX: Threads of Fate / Revelations: Persona
    PS2: Disgaea
    Saturn: Dragon Force / Princess Crown (JP)
    Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia
    SNES: Final Fantasy IV
    XBox: Morrowind GOTY
    Cube: Final Fantasy CC
    GBA: Sword of Mana
    N64: Ogre Battle 64
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Feb. 23 2004,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't think I can finish Disgaea. ?I can hardly bring myself to do ANYTHING in it anymore - I'm extremely bored with it. ?But I can't let a game I've started go unfinished, so I'm still pecking away at it, slowly but surely. ?I just started Episode 9, if you're wondering.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I applaud you for sticking to it THAT long, Desh. I got bored with it after an hour.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Yeah, same. I tried, really I did. But there's really nothing terribly appealing about it. After so many glowing reviews about how it was like this reinvention of Tactical RPGs or somesuch, I was rather baffled at the mediocrity of the battle system and atmosphere. Visuals were nice, I guess.

Anyways, right now I'm playing:

Star Ocean 2: I really don't like this game, and yet I'm playing it through for like the fifth time. I hate being a masochist. I really wish that it could've fully realized all the potential it had, and the story wasn't so incredibly wretched.

Legend of Mana: I'm always playing Legend of Mana.

Silent Hill 2: See above.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Tee Hee. Multiplayer=Fun.

Final Fantasy X: Second time through. Stopped playing after Ronzo-bit. Don't know if I'll pick it back up.

XenoSaga: I still haven't left the damn Kugai foundation. Why did they make it so impossible to get money and therefore better equipment and therefore not death and therefore me continue playing?
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Star Ocean 2: I really don't like this game, and yet I'm playing it through for like the fifth time. I hate being a masochist. I really wish that it could've fully realized all the potential it had, and the story wasn't so incredibly wretched.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hard to understand why you're playing a game you don't like for the firth time...

Anyways, hey Jowy, after beating XenoSaga I will probably start Dragon Force on the Saturn. Since I see that you're playing it right now, what can you tell me about it? Is it any good? I've seen great reviews.
    If anyone else played Dragon Force, please tell me about it. Thanks.
  • RivermanRiverman Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I've just finished FFTA and I'm about to start either Fire Emblem, Lufia:ruins of lore or Sword of Mana.
    I havent decided yet.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I applaud you for sticking to it THAT long, Desh. I got bored with it after an hour.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I was kind of enjoying myself until I made the mistake of transmigrating my ten usual characters. Then Disgaea and I had our falling out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"XenoSaga: I still haven't left the damn Kugai foundation. Why did they make it so impossible to get money and therefore better equipment and therefore not death and therefore me continue playing?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe because it's painfully obvious that the makers of Xenosaga weren't thinking of making a good (or at least somewhat remotely close to being a balanced) game?
  • RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Right now I am playing:
    Dragon Warrior 3
    Dragon Warrior 7
    Final Fantasy V
    Legend of Zelda oot: Master Quest
    Vagrant Story
    Xenosaga
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm about to finish Suikoden2 and have just started with Grandia2. I'm currently working too much to play more games because I can't even keep up with two at a time ...
    but soon it'll be april and then I'll have two weeks of vacation to play all day long ... hopefully
  • ChromotriggerChromotrigger Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Right now i am playing "Final Fantasy IV" and after that i think i will buy "Final Fantasy X2" and start playing that.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    right now i'm playing suikoden II and (not rpg, but metroid prime) after that i might tackle ffx-2.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
    edited March 2004
    Ok well I'm about to beat XenoSaga, "<span class="spoiler">I just got owned by Albedo</span>". I think I need more levels.
    I just beat FFTA (finally!), I played 75 hours.

My next handheld RPG will be Mario&Luigi, I already ordered it, can't wait.
    My next console RPG will either be Dragon Force or Alundra.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I just started Disgaea: Hour of Darkness a few days ago. I don't think I'll be finishing Tsugunai: Atonement(ever)so I don't know what I'm going to do with it.
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I'm going to spend quite a bit of time trying to max out all my tarot cards, then just transfer them into Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (which I'm going to play next). I should be able to finish Persona 2: Eternal Punishment pretty quickly since I'll have more than enough tarot cards to summon any persona I want, whenever I want (level limits notwithstanding...).
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't think I'll be finishing Tsugunai: Atonement(ever)so I don't know what I'm going to do with it.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Want my adress? You won't receive any money, but you will receive my gratitude. smile.gif
  • the ff dudethe ff dude Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    i recently when on a squaresoft ps1 shopping spree. i'm in the middle of xenogears (yes, for the first time), almost done with parasite eve, will tackle parasite eve 2 next, then will likely go for vagrant story. i'm also about halfway (probably a little more than half) through ff4, 6 and 1. haven't really done much of anything with 2, 5, or chrono trigger. i also have yet to complete wild arms 3, xenosaga, kingdom hearts,, and i'm at the end of .hack 1, but i really dislike the game and never felt a desire to finish it (that whole series is a rip-off. i kow, i'm pathetic, i always buy stuff and never finish it until years later.

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Nothing at the moment really, except Diablo 2 but I don't think that counts as the kind of game we're talking about. I'm actually thinking of giving Vagrant Story another chance, as it's the only game I own that I haven't beat yet that doesn't totally suck. I have a feeling that the irritating weapon system will get to me though, and It'll end up collecting dust on my entertainment center again.
  • adiemusadiemus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Currently replaying Xenosaga. Recently I played Drakengard and was totally turned off. I think I'll throw it in the pile with FF8 and Disgaea and wait till I'm so bored that I have to play and complete it. I'm also currently searching for a copy of Xenogears. It's so hard to find that game in Houston.
  • CautonCauton Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time, and it's just as good as I've been told. Although it's a bit frustrating when you get beat several times at the same battle. "<span class="spoiler">Damn you, and damn your Night Sword, Gafgarion!!</span>"
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SupraDarky @ Mar. 08 2004,18:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Want my adress? You won't receive any money, but you will receive my gratitude. smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'll happily trade you Tsugunai for one of your games that you've beaten already! smile.gif
  • cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 08 2004,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I'm going to spend quite a bit of time trying to max out all my tarot cards, then just transfer them into Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (which I'm going to play next). I should be able to finish Persona 2: Eternal Punishment pretty quickly since I'll have more than enough tarot cards to summon any persona I want, whenever I want (level limits notwithstanding...).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ..You can upload Tarot Data from IS to EP!? Curse Atlus USA for only bringing one of the two.. I need that game.

Just beat CIMA; bought Phantasy Star Collection a day later.

I'm WAY out of practice with old school RPGs.. ah, the days when levelling up was a requirement and not an option..
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"..You can upload Tarot Data from IS to EP!? Curse Atlus USA for only bringing one of the two.. I need that game.
    The data transfer is cool, but unfortunately, it only works if you you have the Japanese versions of both games; you can't transfer your tarot cards from Persona 2: Innocent Sin to an American version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. But Persona 2: Innocent Sin has Adolph Hitler, so you should still buy it anyway ?laugh.gif

• Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I've finally had the chance to play Xenogears. Incredible game. So many plot aspects, so many questions.....I'll wait to ask towards the end of the game.

I've also been trying to pick up Chrono Cross again. I'm actually at the Hydra Marshes and I'm getting my butt kick. I have to level up a little bit before I can go any farther.
  • twobellstwobells Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I'm replaying SHADOWHEARTS to refresh myself for the sequel due out, along with FF Crystal Chronicles and Tales of Destiny 2

TwoBells

ps: plus i'm getting hyped about SUdeki as that's due in 2 weeks.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm replaying SHADOWHEARTS to refresh myself for the sequel due out, along with FF Crystal Chronicles and Tales of Destiny 2

How is Tales of Destiny 2? Is it a good RPG? Fun battle system? Has anyone ever played the 1st one? Is that one worth picking up?
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire Hunter V @ Mar. 13 2004,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Has anyone ever played the 1st one? ?Is that one worth picking up?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I've played all of them (except for the "real" Tod2@ps2), and they're all good games.. the only one I would reconsider picking up is the first ToD for psx. That one is pretty mediocre.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"the only one I would reconsider picking up is the first ToD for psx. That one is pretty mediocre.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's my favorite one sad.gif
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Final Fantasy IX then I am thinking about playing Star Ocean 2 afterwards... but I dunno
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2004
    castlevania HoD,FFX-2,lufia ruins of lore...i want to just try to finish FFX-2 but i find myself always going back to the more traditional,2d,sprite based rpg's over the newer,3d,polygonal rpg's.i have been playing more lufia than FFX-2...next i'll be getting and playing la pucelle and shining soul 2.i better get off these boards and get playing... biggrin.gif
  • WeskersSecondInCommandWeskersSecondInCommand New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Right now I am playing Resident Evil remake and I am near the end with Jill. That game is harder than the original PS version but the graphics are amazing. smile.gif
  • monkeychemistmonkeychemist Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Playing Suikoden 1 right now. This game is so much fun! I wish all the games had a free will choice in battles. It makes it so much faster! However, i just got stuck in one part which I think is a glitch, cause now i cant move on. oh well...