If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Name the next 3 RPGs you plan on getting and why.

Comments

• Zidane109Zidane109 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2
    I loved x i just got it but i think im almost at the end.

Tales Of Synohnia:
    One the games with the best graphics i have ever seen!

Maybe star oncean (the one for the PS2)
    I saw it in shonen jump and liked the look
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    In my case that depends a lot of "when" the games will be released in Europe sad.gif

I know that FFX-2 will be released on february and that's a must-have.

Then I want to get FF:CC (I bought a GameCube just four days ago) and Star Ocean 3, but I still don't know their release date.
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2

What happens after FFX? ?How does the story continue?

Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles

Square/FF returns to Nintendo. ?Is the magic still there?

Star Ocean 3

ENIX games are great. ?I just wish they would publish more games in North America
  • CetusCetus Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    1) FFX-2: I also want to see the outcome of it all, hopefully.

2) FF online: I've so been waiting for this game, still am.

3) Star Ocean 3: Cause Imma SO fan, I love the overall system and it was always a hella long rpg.
  • MaesterJoshMaesterJosh Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I've decided that Rat Hunter 3-D (Final Fantasy 11) is actually pretty good, once you download all the necessary files and patches! ?Now I can prove to the world once and for all that I'm the undisputed KING of Tetra Master!! ?phear my l33t skillz... ?(sarcasm)

I don't actually have the game, it would make my poor little Compaq crap its pants. ?My roommate's got it though... and so if Santa brings me lots of computer upgrades for Christmas, maybe I'll pick it up. ?If not, I'm going for FFX-2. ?I don't care what any whiny, namby pamby fanboys think about the "unthinkable, tradition breaking" sequel to a Final Fantasy, I think it looks pretty cool, and from the reviews I've read it sounds fun. ?

*leaves two pennies on the table and walks away*
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2, because I loved Yuna, and am happy to see her get developed further. Plus, FFX was one of my top FFs, only behind IV and VI, IMO.

Shadow Hearts. I'd been interested in this one for a while, and it sounds pretty interesting. I've heard a lot of good things about the main, and the prospect of a good personality as he sounds to have is too much to pass up.

Rhapsody. It's been on my get list for a while, but I can never seem to get ahold of a copy of it. A friend of mine has it, and I just loved everything about the game. Such a sweet and lovable story... I just can't resist.
  • Talora_FlashTalora_Flash New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2 (Naturally)

.hack//Quarantine

Star Ocean 3
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    Wow, I've never heard of alot of the games you guys are buying. Guess I'm more of a newbie then I thought. X_x I'm getting(hopefully):

1:Starfox Adventures
    2:The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    3:The Nightmare Before Christmas!

YESH, they are making a game based off my fave movie EVER! I can't wait for next...October...X_X That's a looong time! sad.gif mad.gif
  • The AthenianThe Athenian Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Well, lately I've bought Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

And then, I went into EB Games and found a new copy of Chrono Cross for $20 Canadian. ?That's frickin' amazing, I think. ?Plus, it has the Square-Enix logo on it. ?I didn't even know they rereleased it. ?Oh well.

And third, I'm going to buy FFX-2 the second it hits store shelves.

• ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    .Hack//Mutation
    .Hack//Outbreak
    .Hack//Quaratine

I need these first before I get the rest of the games I want. Since they are in order.
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Bhs: Its just that YS III was side scrolling action, and for me battling was a bit unbalanced and hard. Im always gettin whopped! Maybe the over head view would be a bit better...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The overhead view is much better, believe me. The game can be excruciatingly difficult or ridiculously easy depending upon which difficulty you decide on using; if I remember correctly, there are up to four depending on whether you play Y's Eternal, Y's II Eternal or Y's I and II Eternal Story (which I assume is both games combined into one long game). The game is fun, but still pretty strange. You don't really attack enemies, so much as run into them and watch them explode in a bloody mess of flying body parts. The enemies still damage you of course, but you can reduce the chances of that occuring by running behind them and hitting them from the back. The graphics leave a lot to be desired. They aren't the best 2D graphics I've ever seen, but they get the job done. The opening animation is stunning though, and the music is fantastic which I suppose is to be expected from a Falcom game. Overall, it's a fun way to pass the time but it certainly isn't the best game I've ever played. However, it is much better than Y's III in my opinion. I'm very interested in Y's VI The Ark of Napishtim. I understand that you actually have to attack enemies to kill them, instead of touching them and watching them blow up. It's a PC game, so the price tag is fairly steep; I've seen it at shop.himeya.com for $99.00. One of these days I'll be sure to pick it up.
  • Quentin McLeodQuentin McLeod Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2:
    I'm getting it like tomorrow or the day after that. The game looks really good even though some people can't look past the design, it's what's beneath that matters.

Xenosaga episode 2:
    I downloaded a trailer and I'm completely in love, Marguilis has changed his blade and the position of it, looks really promising.

Sword of Mana:
    Always liked the Mana-series, should be interesting.
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    1. ?RPG Maker 2
    2. ?Final Fantasy XI
    3. ?Final Fantasy VII (remake)

I heard they were going to remake FFVII and when and if that happens, i'll be the first one to buy it smile.gif

• RonskaRonska Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I plan on buying True Fantasy Live and Online, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Star Ocean III.

lap2.jpg
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Quentin McLeod: Yea I got FFX-2 the other day and its damn good. I thought it wouldn't be a good as FFX but it really is. I mean, no other RPG usually satisfies me then the ones made by Square-Enix...

I saw the Xenosaga 2 trailer also...looks 10X better than the first.

Sword of Mana...yea looks promising.
  • Jibrille Tenshi-samaJibrille Tenshi-sama Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Let's see...the next three RPG's I plan on buying will be:

*Final Fantasy X-2 - Final Fantasy X is my all time favourite Final Fantasy & I'm really looking foward to what has happened to Yuna, Rikku, & all of Spira during those couple of years that have passed since FFX.

*Xenosaga Episode II - The Xeno games are my ultimate favourite RPG's. Xenosaga I was amazing, and after seeing plenty of gorgeous screenshots, I am very eager for the game to come out. (2005? *laughs*) The graphics looks really good & I would absolutely love to know more about the URTV's past. I wonder if they'll ever put in Deus...

*Gensou Suikoden IV - After playing Suikoden III, I know that the Suikoden series is one of the best for RPG's. (Still need to find that rare GSII for under $80). GS4 looks rather interesting & it has a whole new 3-D look than GSIII. At first I thought it would take place after III, but now that I've read it will take place 100 something years before GSI, I wonder if Yuber will still be in there. ^__^
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    1) Legend of Mana. >.< Because my copy was stolen, and the demon in my brain that commands me to go back and play back through games when I miss something is poking me, damnit!

2) Sword of Mana...because the original FFA on Game Boy kept me sane on many a long, long trip, and being an Army Brat, that meant 4 long, long trips a year.

3) Star Ocean 3...because I got horribly attached to 2, and this looks nifty.

(And because FF:CC is on *DAD's* Christmas list, and I'm sure the rest ofthe family will get drug into it....and I went and pre-ordered FFX-2, which is going to get played now that I have days off classes! Mwah hah hah hah! As for .hack...I got stuck on the first one, wandered off, haven't gotten back to it yet, and don't feel like spending the money that'd go into buying the whole bloody series.)
  • TruoaTruoa Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    1.FF8 >because i haven't played it, this one will be just for the heck of it because it doesn't call my attention.

2.FF9 > I have seen some video clips and it looks pretty interesting, I would like to get it.

3.FFX-2 > I have already played FFX and i loved it,I don't see why I shouldn't get the sequel.

Eso es todo amigos!

(thats all folks) laugh.gif
    l
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Final Fantasy XI(PS2)

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy X
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    1. star ocean 3
    the first is really good even thou its half and half jap and english and no 2 is damn hard to find the only copies ive ver seen were on ebay and they were being sold for ?100!

2. final fantasy X2 ive got 4-10 and theyve been good to me so far apart from 9 but im lookin forward to the return of the job/dress system

3. xenosaga
    this game looks really good and it combines to gr8 things manga and rpg!
  • NickNick Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    1. Final Fantasy X-2

2. Xenosaga Episode II

3. Either .hack Outbreak

OR

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    i don't have a blog, my name isn't chris, and i'm not from scotland.
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    1. Sudeki, it looks great, everything I have read about has been extremely positive.

2. Fable, same as above, just looks great.

3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, I love things involving Vampires, plus its being devoloped by troika.

Those are the three I think will be out first anyway. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles doesn't really count as an RPG IMO.
  • LobstrosityLobstrosity Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Wind Waker. There's a Gamecube for me under the tree, as well as Metroid Prime. Metroid was cheaper than Zelda, so I missed out on getting it for Christmas. And my one friend who has it but never plays it just had a baby, (like hours ago) so I won't be borrowing it from him any time soon. Everyone at my house is down with the flu, and I ordered him to keep that baby away until everyone's healthy. So I'll have to borrow from someone else.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends. I had the original for Dreamcast, and the whole thing was stolen when I was only two hours in. That's not acceptable.

Tie between Sword of Mana and Mario and Luigi. Because I needs me some good GBA roleplaying action.

Honorable mention goes to Fable. Whether the game ever comes out or not is seeming to be somewhat of a fable, but since the game looks so amazing, I'll wait as long as they tell me to.
  • ClaySly78ClaySly78 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    1: Star ocean 3
    2: Chrono Trigger
    3: Sukieden 3- Is it as good as people say? any comments? I havent played any of the sukieden so any Info would be nice.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ClaySly78 @ Jan. 18 2004,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"3: Sukieden 3- Is it as good as people say? any comments? I havent played any of the sukieden so any Info would be nice.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Haven't played any? I suggest you track down a copy of Suikoden II before Suikoden III.

BTW, Suiko III isn't THAT good, but its a pretty decent game. Once you get past the 25 hour prolouge(the most annoying, stupid waste of time I've ever seen in a game...)the game gets good.
  • ClaySly78ClaySly78 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Jan. 18 2004,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Haven't played any? I suggest you track down a copy of Suikoden II before Suikoden III.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Should I just go ahead and buy the first suikoden befor the 2nd. or does it not matter?
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ClaySly78 @ Jan. 19 2004,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Should I just go ahead and buy the first suikoden befor the 2nd. or does it not matter?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You won't miss anything storywise, but if you can, you really should try to get a copy of Suikoden I, just because it's such a great game, IMO.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ClaySly78 @ Jan. 19 2004,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Should I just go ahead and buy the first suikoden befor the 2nd. or does it not matter?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You should play all three in order, if you ask me. I mean, you can play them in any order you like, but the overall plot will make mor sense if you play them in order.

That is, if you can get a hold of any originals today... especially Suikoden II is hard to get a hold of without paying at least 150 USD.

(no, I won't sell you my copies tounge.gif)
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"especially Suikoden II is hard to get a hold of without paying at least 150 USD. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You should be able to find one if you search Gamestop or maybe Funcoland(if it still exists)
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    1. Star Ocean 3
    2. Wild Arms1
    3. Persona 2 (I'm going to take a chance on this game, when I find a copy)

Hey, does anyone know if Front Mission 4 is going to make it to the states? I loved the FM3.