If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Classics Hit It Cheap

2»

Comments

• jiroo_chan_007jiroo_chan_007 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Hmm, well the one problem in this is that there is only one singe game that I do not already own on that list, Xenogears.

But now that it has cheepened, I will go buy it now as part of my 1 Game-Per month allowance. (Probley january, seeming I do not see any games I want to purchase that month)

As a bisuness move? Its a good way to earn a few extra dollers off of the people who wanted to collect the games, but couldent because they couldent afford it. Lowering the price is good for the gamers, if not for the game stores themselves.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    legend of mana is a great game...those who dont like it usually have to have more "structured" rpg's.cant handle a little "free" system here and there...when it comes to ff chronicles and collection the originals are always better but the convience of the PS versions is hard to deny.a little slower,different sounds, but still the same game just on a different platform...i too wont buy new,greatest hits versions of games...come on guys,at least get the original re-release!hahahaha biggrin.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Mog:

Legend of Mana was an okay-good game which had a concept capable of being really great. It's freedom and world setting concepts were solid, but not executed that well. Many potential 'freedom' points really not making much of a difference besides pictures on the world map. Even though I like it, I can easily see why people would dislike it and not because of it's 'freedom'.

Dracos
  • snowysnowy New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    first of all LoM isnt on the list

Also for me personally i only have a small eb in my town and have never even seen a original/used copy of xenogears, so this is a gift from god a.k.a. square-enix. As for the "ugly" green stripe on the box, well u spend 10 seconds looking at the cover (unless u have some weird fetish for box art) and 40-150 hours playing the game so a small green stripe wont bother the average person much.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snowy @ Nov. 09 2003,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Also for me personally i only have a small eb in my town and have never even seen a original/used copy of xenogears, so this is a gift from god ?a.k.a. square-enix. ?As for the "ugly" green stripe on the box, well u spend 10 seconds looking at the cover (unless u have some weird fetish for box art) and 40-150 hours playing the game so a small green stripe wont bother the average person much.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Of course not, but then again, I'm not the average person tounge.gif

This is 2003, try the Internet for shopping if you want access to more games.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • HalsafarHalsafar New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I own every SquareSoft game released here in North America. Except Vagrant Story and XenoGears...so for that reason I am happy, due to XenoGears being very very rare, and Vagrant story well cheaper is better.

But now what happens to my collectables? The originals...Collection wise you'd want that, if you just wanna play the game then you want whatever is cheapeast...Usually when it comes to video games we always go the cheapest.

Greatest Hits always ruin those nice RPG collectables of mine. I own to many RPG's.

Halsafar
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    I'm personally pretty happy about this. Yeah, the lime green stripe is ugly, but I poing with delight at the fact that Anthology and Vagrant Story are being rereleased. I've been thinking about tracking down Anthology so I can have FFVI (and FFV, but I almost certainly won't play it - I've heard far too many bad things about the American port), and now it will be possible for me.

I already own Vagrant Story, but if it's going to be rereleased, that means more exposure for the game. I could be wrong, but I always get the feeling Vagrant Story is a more obscure game, and it doesn't really deserve to be. This is of course my own, highly subjective opinion, but I think Vagrant Story is a gaming work of art. Despite the box puzzles. ::grin::

And I've been told I need to play Xenogears. Maybe now I will.
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    I am very excited about having the chance to buy Xenogears for only $20, and call me crazy but I dont mind the green stripe at all.

I was just wondering if anybody knew when these are coming out? I know the articles are saying December but I was hoping for something a little more specific than that. If you have any clue, let me know!