If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Spam forum?

2»

Comments

• agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jessiah @ Nov. 09 2003,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"well from my month or so of being here thats all Ive seen.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Happytown is right. Back when I joined, there were far more *worthy* topics --which happened to be the original reason I came here.

I've been rather dissapointed with the flood of "game" topics lately... confused.gif
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I don't read the boards too much anymore, so maybe I'm missing something, but could someone direct me to where all this flaming is occuring? ?I've never seen it.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    You see, if someone learns a decent vocabulary and decides to use it, then apparently that counts as flaming.
    edited November 2003
    Heh.. I figured as much, thanks for the confirmation. ? smile.gif
  • JessiahJessiah Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    NO NO NO! happy hobo you have got it all wrong (and your sentence was phrased wrong but thats another subject).

I said that most of the debate consisted of big words an flaming, not that the two were directly related.
  • THEDARKONE4THEDARKONE4 Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I said that most of the debate consisted of big words an flaming, not that the two were directly related.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Actually, "flaming" and "big words" are directly related through what you call "debate".
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    quote]Actually, "flaming" and "big words" are directly related through what you call "debate".[/quote]
    Since when must one flame to use big words? Or vice-versa?

Edit: I would like the anime forum to become a movie/TV forum. We get topics on movies in the misc. thread, and I believe we used to get anime topics there. We also get topics on other cartoons, well I just thought it'd be easier with one TV/Movies/Anime thread.

• JessiahJessiah Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (THEDARKONE4 @ Nov. 10 2003,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I said that most of the debate consisted of big words an flaming, not that the two were directly related.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Actually, "flaming" and "big words" are directly related through what you call "debate".[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If you cant grasp the simple idea I presented in my post, you dont deserve to have it explained to you... ~end~
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Nov. 10 2003,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"a) Why would total post count matter since it's no longer visible to the plebeians?

b) Why don't people just use the New Post search, which practically ensures that a semi-active discussion will still receive notice, even in a forum in which it is back on the second or third page because of other activity?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    a) because I was talking about the total post thing which dracos was refering to
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Taking into account the total post count on the board, If I see giant spam boards representing most of it and then find them to be one word games, I generally move on[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

not the personal total posts. ?By the way, why did that disappear?

b) I don't use it because I didn't know know such a feature existed, and I'm sure a lot of other board members didn't too; thus they despite it being findable it still would get hardly used. ?The feature may be available but in practice, we are losing topics to forum games as metacod pointed out
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Nov. 09 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"b) Why don't people just use the New Post search, which practically ensures that a semi-active discussion will still receive notice, even in a forum in which it is back on the second or third page because of other activity?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You guys do have many active forums. Enough that last I checked the last 24 hours was more than four pages worth of topics. Nevermind if someone happens to be gone for a day. Sure, it works, but it's not perfect either. The same fellow who's unlikely to check two or three pages of topics in one board to see if something is new is equally unlikely to go through four pages of new topics (which is generally moves swiftly enough). *Shrugs*

Dracos
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Luca Blight @ Nov. 10 2003,08:27)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    Edit: I would like the anime forum to become a movie/TV forum. We get topics on movies in the misc. thread, and I believe we used to get anime topics there. We also get topics on other cartoons, well I just thought it'd be easier with one TV/Movies/Anime thread.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Despite not being a fan of anime myself, I can why it has a seperate forum. ?Fans of RPGs and anime tend to be among the same people. ?A lot of RPG fans like anime, so a seperate forum to discuss anime without the clutter of, say, a Seinfeld or Simpsons topic, makes sense.

----On topic edit addition----

While I would absolutely love to get those spamgame threads out of the Misc. forum, it would be a vague line as to what constitutes as one of those. ?For instance, "Describe the person at a 34 degree angle from you" is obviously a spamgame. ?However, a thread like "Crazy random facts" could be considered by some to be spammy, yet others (including myself) see it as an interesting topic with an informative purpose.

Spam forum is a great idea in theory, but application of it would find some fuzziness.

• EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (generator @ Nov. 10 2003,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE""Describe the person at a 34 degree angle from you"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    hehe, very funny
    CRAZY RANDOM FACT:
    The (picture of a) person at a (approx.) 34 degree angle away from me is Ben Weasel from 'The Queers'. Um.. thats not a description... He's shouting

...I apologise...