If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Games that rpgamer.com has.

LukeTSManagerLukeTSManager BannedBanned Users
edited November 2003 in Site & Forum Support
I started typing up some rpgs I remember as classics in your search window. I realize you guys are lacking a lot. But I figure you should live up to the name of your site. So if I was to make a list of games that I think should be on your site would you look at them and maybe consider them?

Comments

• King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Could you give some examples?
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    How about just posting "the list" in this thread?

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I sense comedy.

Dracos
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LukeTSManager @ Nov. 17 2003,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So if I was to make a list of games that I think should be on your site would you look at them and maybe consider them?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sure.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    The only rpg I can think that isn't shown is Septerra Core for the PC. It wasn't the greatest rpg of all time, but it was pretty fun.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited November 2003
    Er, what are you talking about? It's been covered for so long it's using an archaic page design that I should probably convert tonight.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Nov. 19 2003,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Er, what are you talking about? ?It's been covered for so long it's using an archaic page design that I should probably convert tonight.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I apologize, I think only checked the Reviewer Archives, didn't really check any deeper than that, but you know stupid newbie and all that jazz. laugh.gif
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • JessiahJessiah Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    What about that obscure Patlabor title for the snes that no one really cares about? Why haven't you covered that?.... eh.gif
  • LukeTSManagerLukeTSManager Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Nov. 18 2003,08:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I sense comedy.

Dracos[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I SENSE THE COMEDY TOO!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD TIMES EH?

anyways.... here are some. I will post more as I go along.

Elder scrolls chapters 1 and 2....

Faxanadu

Uncharted Waters 1 and 2

E.V.O. (if you call zelda an rpg then this is as well)

Brainlord

Spike McFang smile.gif

Destiny of an emperor 1 and 2

Cadash

I'll be back with more. I left out a ton of comp rpgs because I know you guys mainly deal with console rpgs.
    edited November 2003
    I'll agree with most of those, but just as a point of information, most of the staff doesn't consider most of the Zelda games RPGs.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Nov. 20 2003,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'll agree with most of those, but just as a point of information, most of the staff doesn't consider most of the Zelda games RPGs.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    But whose opinions are more well-informed and reliable, the majority who think that Zelda games are not RPGs, or the minority who think that they are. Perhaps, if someone were to create a universally accepted and specific defintion of what exactly a Role-Playing Game is, then we can compare the aforementioned defintion with any given Zelda game to ascertain whether or not said Zelda game is or is not an RPG.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I sense exceedingly pointless question.

Answer: How 'bout no.

How 'bout for a definition: What the staff thinks should be covered here likely will and what the staff doesn't think should be covered likely won't and definitions of what an rpg is or isn't won't make a whit of difference?

Dracos
    edited November 2003
    I view rpgs as if you gain experience and obtain attributes in doing so.

Who cares about what I said about zelda. ?I was just saying that in case someone said "HEY THAT'S NOT AN RPG!!!".

Honestly why arent those games I listed included on this site? Arena and Daggerfall were voted Best RPGS of the year when they came out. ?Uncharted Waters: ?New Horizons is the best rpg I have ever played. ?And the reason uncharted waters 3 & 4 have not been translated is because people do not know about these games. ?

I just want to see this site live up to its name. ?RPG's are more than squenix.

edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LukeTSManager @ Nov. 20 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Honestly why arent those games I listed included on this site? Arena and Daggerfall were voted Best RPGS of the year when they came out. ?Uncharted Waters: ?New Horizons is the best rpg I have ever played. ?And the reason uncharted waters 3 & 4 have not been translated is because people do not know about these games. ?

I just want to see this site live up to its name. ?RPG's are more than squenix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This site started out as an only-Squaresoft site, and even after it branched out, the decision to also cover PC games is relatively recent. While there are a lot of great older games, there are also a lot of great newer games, and promising upcoming games. We do try to beef up our coverage of older titles, but they're not nearly as high a priority as several other things on this site. It is true that there are a lot more games than what Square Enix publishes, but we already do cover a lot of games Square Enix doesn't publish, and relatively prompt coverage of new games is what gets this site the most viewers and keeps us afloat.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LukeTSManager @ Nov. 20 2003,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Elder scrolls chapters 1 and 2....

Faxanadu

Uncharted Waters 1 and 2

E.V.O. (if you call zelda an rpg then this is as well)

Brainlord

Spike McFang smile.gif

Destiny of an emperor 1 and 2

Cadash[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I can answer some of this...

Elder Scrolls we likely haven't had any information for.

From what I've played of Faxanadu, it's not especially an RPG, more of a side scrolling death fest.

Uncharted Waters is running around on a ship with sugar or flour, with zero storyline or RPG qualities.

E.V.O. is a fun game, but if the sole reason we should cover it is 'we cover zelda', then we shouldn't be covering it.

Brainlord, I've never heard of.

Dear gods, Spike McFang is an action game -.-; Not even that interesting of one, to boot.

Destiny of an Emperor I've never heard of. Same with Cadash.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"From what I've played of Faxanadu, it's not especially an RPG, more of a side scrolling death fest.

Uncharted Waters is running around on a ship with sugar or flour, with zero storyline or RPG qualities.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

WHOA! Alright.

You are telling me that New Horizons: Uncharted Waters has no story line?

And Faxanadu is not an rpg? You gain freaking levels in it. How is it not an rpg. Just because it is real time I guess.

No need to argue anymore. I understand the selection of games that you review are picked upon whether you feel like it or not. Or if you think they are an rpg or not.

It is not like anyone could ever bring a change about this site anyways.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    There is a Street Fighter game where you gain levels...
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paws @ Nov. 21 2003,08:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Brainlord, I've never heard of.

Destiny of an Emperor I've never heard of. ?Same with Cadash.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Brain Lord's one of the RPGs Enix America published while waiting for Enix Japan to stop dragging their feet on Dragon Quest V. Haven't played it in a while, but I recall it being a fairly good game.

Cadash is an arcade game with some RPG elements. Sharkey reviewed it once.

And shame on you for not having heard of DoaE. ;)
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LukeTSManager @ @,@)<;/td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It is not like anyone could ever bring a change about this site anyways.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, a) the people that work for the site definitely change it. Every update changes the site. b) You had a department head agree with you that some of the games you mentioned should be covered. How fricking hard to please are you?
    edited November 2003
    I am pleased... I am done throwing my heads up.

Sorry I was annoyed at what Paws had to say.