If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Reqs for titles

An FF OriginalAn FF Original MemberFull Members
edited December 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Ummm... this has most likely already been answered somewhere, but what exactly does one have to do to get a title? I mean, I want a title, but do not know how to get one. Oh how is this strange feat accomplished?

Comments

• bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    To the best of my knowledge you have to post something very insightful and/or clever, and then hope that one of the admins see it.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • jeppojeppo Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"post something very insightful and/or clever, [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

no no..
    you have to do the drunken moogle dance...
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jeppo @ Nov. 20 2003,05:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"post something very insightful and/or clever, [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

no no..
    you have to do the drunken moogle dance...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If that's all it takes then sign me up biggrin.gif
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • DisasterChild8DisasterChild8 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    there are two ways to go about getting a title: One: post something insightful or clever and hope that it impresses rico (formally Lord Brian but he is gone for a bit) enought that he gives you a title. Or do something stupid enough to get yourself banned. When people get banned they usually get a title that mocks them and whatever they did, LB and Rico are very good at mocking banned users with titles.

PS: It has nothing to do with how much you post so don't even bother asking.
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Actually, it doesn't even have to be something that gets you banned to get a negative title. You can just consistently do incredibly stupid, but not ban-worthy, things that build up to such titles as 'permanent newbie' and the like. But in general, Disaster is right on the more positive end of the spectrum.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    You could always try reading the eighty bazillion other threads about this very topic clogging up the boards. ?You'll see a lot of what not to do.

• SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    what is a title? is it that picture thing at the bottom of some peoples posts?
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    No, it's the little bit of text some people have under the picture but above the Group and Joined info. Most people just have an underscore (_) there. The picture is called an "Avatar", and anyone can get one by uploading a picture onto a free server (like mywebpage.netscape.com) and using the Avatar Options section in their Control Panel.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Nov. 20 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You could always try reading the eighty bazillion other threads about this very topic clogging up the boards. ?You'll see a lot of what not to do.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Could we get a title just by reading all these threads? biggrin.gif

• agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Nov. 22 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Nov. 20 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You could always try reading the eighty bazillion other threads about this very topic clogging up the boards. You'll see a lot of what not to do.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Could we get a title just by reading all these threads? biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Not unless you want the title "waster of time"

wink.gif
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (agentflit @ Nov. 23 2003,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Nov. 22 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    You could always try reading the eighty bazillion other threads about this very topic clogging up the boards. ?You'll see a lot of what not to do.
    <span id='postcolor'>
    Could we get a title just by reading all these threads? biggrin.gif[/quote]
    Not unless you want the title "waster of time"

wink.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, a title's a title biggrin.gif
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    edited November 2003
    I like it laugh.gif
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Hello weary traveler! You seek a "Title?" I am sorry, but I am fresh out!

However, the old man who lives deep within the Forests of Illusion...he knows where you can find a "Title!" But first you must bring him the Fleece of the Constipated Zephyr before he will even speak to you! Where can you find such an item, you might ask? I know not...but the old woman who lives beyond the Fields of Doom, forever guarded by the Dragon's of Eternity that dwell atop the Moutains of Despair...she may have the clue you seek!

BUT!!! - you'll need the Herb of Magnesia to cure her "distempered bowels" before she will reveal the location of the Fleece! Such an herb can be found...

wink.gif
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Go on... tounge.gif
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Nov. 21 2003,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You could always try reading the eighty bazillion other threads about this very topic clogging up the boards. ?You'll see a lot of what not to do.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ...and on that note, this is closed for spam reasons.

I love when people provide the reasons for me.
This discussion has been closed.