If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Douple Posting

Darkwarrior18Darkwarrior18 BannedBanned Users
edited December 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Can someone do something about all of this double posting? It's just getting out of hand. mad.gif I mean, can someone put it in real big bold letters on the rules page? Or do something. confused.gif

Comments

• King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I haven't noticed it that much...getting out of hand is a little much. There are a couple posters that do it...quite often.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Double posting is generally discouraged, yes, but is quite acceptable in certain cases. As unacceptable cases fall nicely into the spam category, there's really no need to create an additional rule and take the extra effort explaining the exemptions to people who are disciplined for breaking it. As with many other things on these message boards, warnings for double posting are handled both publically and privately. In the future, it would be a much better idea to privately ask me about the perceived problem instead of creating a whole, new topic. Double posting is being dealt with on an individual basis by me, and there will be no changes on that policy on my part for the time being.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Darkwarrior18, why does double posting aggravate you so? I mean, you complained after I posted about a new chapter of the story I'm writing, weeks after the post announcing the last chapter.

Personally, Darkwarrior reminds me of a certain banned member...
    edited December 2003
    From my information, it's his brother. And hopefully, it will stay that way.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Metacod @ Dec. 16 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Darkwarrior18, why does double posting aggravate you so? I mean, you complained after I posted about a new chapter of the story I'm writing, weeks after the post announcing the last chapter.

Personally, Darkwarrior reminds me of a certain banned member...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If that who I think it is.... well I haven't seen similarities in personalities, so it's a good thing.

Good intuition though. biggrin.gif

Unless of course he hijacks the account and does some crazy crap....
  • The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I happen to double post alot but that's not because I think it's fun. I never do it deliberate. I see a double post as a bug.
  • Darkwarrior18Darkwarrior18 Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Dec. 16 2003,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"From my information, it's his brother. ?And hopefully, it will stay that way.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, my bro's a stupid little ####. And it will stay that way. My bro is just stupid dumba$$.

On another note: double posting just annoys me, because it is just stupid of them to not use the edit button. It isn't that hard. And I'm not talking about the long posts, I'm talking about the one-liners.
    Oh and thanks for not saying anything about the spelling error in the title. smile.gif
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkwarrior18 @ Dec. 17 2003,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah, my bro's a stupid little ####. And it will stay that way. My bro is just stupid dumba$$.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm still a bit suspicious that this is darkone portraying a brother. He's given us plenty of reason to be suspicious...

That's just me. Time will tell.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Yeah well I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. smile.gif

Edit - I'd also like to take this time to say: Dammit LiQuid! You beat me to CHASIS-BLADE's quote!

• Options
    edited December 2003
    I don't think the Dark One would be lame enough to use a Vincent Valentine sig/av, but then again he might just be doing it to throw us off! Conspiracy!
  • TruoaTruoa Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Hey, there are some new members like me who don't know how do postings well OK!
    Just give us sometime ?biggrin.gif
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Jeez, people, calm down. Every time someone new shows up, you're all like "OMG what if it's LD or T3hDarkGuy8 or blahblasoiuwpoierjgoai!!!!" Hell, I was accused of being LD when I visited VargasBoards under a different name!

Seriously, though. If things are gonna be fun again, take <s>those sticks out of </s> a <s>chipmunk</s> freaking breather once in a while.
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Dec. 18 2003,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Jeez, people, calm down. Every time someone new shows up, you're all like "OMG what if it's LD or T3hDarkGuy8 or blahblasoiuwpoierjgoai!!!!" Hell, I was accused of being LD when I visited VargasBoards under a different name!

Seriously, though. If things are gonna be fun again, take <s>those sticks out of </s> a <s>chipmunk</s> freaking breather once in a while.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ahhhh... but I was just getting used to the stick... tounge.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    That's it. I'm convinced. Desh is just LD in disguise... Bannination!
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Dec. 18 2003,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Jeez, people, calm down. ?Every time someone new shows up, you're all like "OMG what if it's LD or T3hDarkGuy8 or blahblasoiuwpoierjgoai!!!!" ?Hell, I was accused of being LD when I visited VargasBoards under a different name![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Blame Knight and Darkone4. tounge.gif

Knight was joking. Darkone4... well, no one should take seriously anything he says. Specially if he's being serious.
    wink.gif

There are ways of knowing LD. His own four IPs are his enemy.

PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Dec. 18 2003,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Seriously, though. ?If things are gonna be fun again, take <s>those sticks out of </s> a <s>chipmunk</s> freaking breather once in a while.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm still trying to make up for how out-of-it I looked right after the first LD incident. wink.gif

And the accusation at VB was a joke, if you didn't pick up on it.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, I picked up on it, but I'd like to move away from all that. That was my point, if you didn't pick up on it.
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    if I double post it's because my browser messes up and I think it hasn't posted a message so I post again and see that I've done it twice, so I change what I've written in the second one.
    As long as it's not spam I don't see that it's really a problem worth worrying about, it doesn't really break up the flow of a forum.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Maybe someone has OCD and when they see a double post they go cleaning crazy on their house...
    edited December 2003
    So, Rico, if you find out that someone who's been banned is here under another name, even though their not doing anything illegal, they'd still get rebanned?

It makes so sense to me, but I was just curious...
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2003
    They are doing something against the rules. It is this little thing called ban evasion.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited December 2003
    "If you choose to ban evade, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) will be contacted with a formal complaint, and you will likely lose your Internet access."

I don't see how this clause doesn't make sense. I mean, let's look at it another way.

"Hi, I got kicked out of your forums for breaking a rule flagrantly, breaking multiple rules, or breaking a rule multiple times after a warning. In response to this, I will completely ignore you and come back anyways, using technical measures which are likely against my Internet Service Provider's terms of service."

Why should we tolerate people like that in our forums, even if they haven't broken a rule in their current incarnation?.?.?.?yet.

And that last bit in the rules isn't just an empty threat. It might not happen every time, but I have gotten people's ISPs to terminate their accounts before.
    edited December 2003
    Oh... alright. Just curious...
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Plus most ban evaders go back to their old ways look at the dark one. He got banned 4 times. smile.gif