If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Alundra

ChromotriggerChromotrigger MemberFull Members
edited February 2004 in Role Playing Games
I really liked this action-rpg, but it might just be because of my nostalgic fellings towards it.
What do you think about this game?

Comments

• SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chromotrigger @ Jan. 28 2004,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I really liked this action-rpg, but it might just be because of my nostalgic fellings towards it.
    What do you think about this game?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    IMO its one of the best birds eye view 2d rpg ive played lots of mind boggling puzzles lots of secret weapons and stuff good story not the happiest i must say as alot of people die in fact i didnt manage to complete the game i got to melzas' gaff got time working and got 4 of the candles out of 6 lit and than didnt know where to go sad.gif
    class game nonetheless i just wish he spoke more!
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I don't remember much about the game, cause I didn't play very much of it, but I do remember really liking what I played, and I enjoyed watching my brother play (I tried helping him with a few puzzles, but I ended up completely messing things up hehe) I was so disappointed when I rented the sequel...
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chromotrigger @ Jan. 28 2004,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I really liked this action-rpg, but it might just be because of my nostalgic fellings towards it.
    What do you think about this game?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    One of the best I've ever played.
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I loved it i still hasent played a game that challenged me that much. It took me a long time to do some of them puzzles in that lumberjacks dream
  • CetusCetus Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Alundra was one of the best 2d Action/RPGs out there. It was like Zelda III to me but more, lets see....revamped in ways. Too bad its sequel didn't really live up to the reputation.

• codebreakcodebreak Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Everything about this game was great to the awesome 2d gameplay, the interesting and dark storyline. ?The incredible music that in it. ?And lets not forget an awesome translation by Working Designs. ?This is game is truly a classic in my eyes.

The only puzzle I needed to read an FAQ for was the one where your in the cave in the cemetary and had to speak to those soul things confused.gif
  • NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I remeber the game clearly. Consider the hellish diffculty of the puzzels. And my favorite character died.... I remer the game very clearly.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    i wonder if theyll make a 3rd to the series is there any word of such a project?
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I really enjoyed playing the first Alundra on the PS1. I liked the Zelda style gameplay and I also thought the the story was pretty good considering it was an action rpg instead of a traditional rpg. Combat wasn't to difficult although I do remember that it had some rock hard puzzles. I do have fond memories of this game although I imagine it has aged pretty badly.
  • VengeanceVengeance New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    The first Alundra was an amazing game. The thing I can't get over is how horrible the sequel was. Oh well.. confused.gif