If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

I need a new console RPG game to play.. badly!

NoahNoah New MemberFull Members
edited June 2004 in Role Playing Games
Ok, i recently have been playing Final Fantasy : XI for the computer, and it really is beginning to get boring, and i need a game that i can play and stop playing whenever i want, not having others control what i do or not.. (if you've played FFXI, you know what im talking about.) Any game that is final fantasy like, and what not, please post here. thanks for any posts too.

-noah

Comments

• RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    You could try Suikoden II, FF Crystal Chronicles, it is actually a lot of fun on one player mode, Disgaea. All are fun offline games and you can stop and start whenever. laugh.gif
  • NoahNoah New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    yea, heh. i heard FF:CC was really bad 1 player though, >< not sure. man... i wasted a whole 1 week vacation on final fantasy 11..... kinda sad. sad.gif FFXI = ruins lives. lol i probably will quit soon, ;_;.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Having played through on one player and now going through my second time, I can tell you it's not too bad. laugh.gif You would most likely enjoy Suikoden III also, there's a lot that goes on in that game and it's fun. laugh.gif I'm sorry FF XI took its toll on you, but these games will make you forget. laugh.gif
    edited February 2004
    Okay, thanks a bunch. /me punches FFXI.
  • TheDrunkenGamerTheDrunkenGamer Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    FFXI reminds me of Nicotine.

Once you quit, your happy, and everything's cool... then you have a relapse, and your whole world comes crashing down like a hydro array in an ice storm. sarcasm.gif

Be strong, young one.
    edited February 2004
    haha, yes. >.<

i actually quit once before, and then... came back... and now..... /sigh
  • peloipeloi Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    FF:CC is decent on sp, nightmare on mp.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noah @ Feb. 23 2004,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"... i wasted a whole 1 week vacation on final fantasy 11..... kinda sad. sad.gif FFXI = ruins lives. lol i probably will quit soon, ;_;.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wow. A whole week? Maybe when you've played it for 3-4 years straight without doing anything else... then you can start to worry.

EDIT: (Worry about missing out on other games, that is.... not quit playing. What would be the point in that?)

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noah @ Feb. 22 2004,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ok, i recently have been playing Final Fantasy : XI for the computer, and it really is beginning to get boring, and i need a game that i can play and stop playing whenever i want, not having others control what i do or not.. (if you've played FFXI, you know what im talking about.) Any game that is final fantasy like, and what not, please post here. thanks for any posts too.

-noah[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What games HAVE you played already?
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm with Raina, although I think that the Suikoden series is best experienced by starting from the first game and moving to the third...stopping at Suikosource.com to get the scoop from the Suikogaiden games, as well, to add to your appreciation of the story. (II IS the best one, though.)
  • Rent CavalierRent Cavalier Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Want a deep story?

Xenosaga. It needs more publicity!
  • ZedZed Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Breath of Fire V - because it is an amazing game, despite what people may or may nor say about it

Suikoden III is good as well though. FF:CC I find is quite enjoyable single player, but everyone is different.

~Z
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zed @ Feb. 22 2004,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Breath of Fire V - because it is an amazing game, despite what people may or may nor say about it[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I need not to say anything.(Don't attack me, Solon)
    edited February 2004
    thanks alot for replys. =P

(i havent played many RPG's besides the FF ones.. so basically i havent played alot.)
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rent Cavalier @ Feb. 22 2004,21:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Want a deep story?

Xenosaga. It needs more publicity![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Also, it's soon to be a PS2 Greatest Hit, or maybe it already is.
    edited February 2004
    Hmmm...try Grandia 2 or Xenosaga(especially)...you might like those 2.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    i played ffxi for about a month (just be4 they charge u) and i didn't get any sleep or do anything else in that time. that was my first mmorpg and will prob be my last. sure, i enjoyed it for the first 3 weeks, but then on the forth week i noticed i really wasn't getting anywhere. and i'm the gamer that's got mad games (yet to be played) in the closet waiting on me. so, i had to let it go also. it was fun, but dammit, not fun enough to take over my life.

anyway, yeah, i beat suikoden and am now playing suikoden II. so far i love'em. great series and fun battles. not all long and drawn out. so, yeah, i would recomment the suikoden series also. like previously said though. what other console rpgs's have u played? try the dragon warriors!
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • JordanJordan Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Yeah Xenosaga's only 20 bucks now

Later
  • cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Rhapsody(PS1). Under-appreciated, short, and lots of fun. Great story, too.. and if you like musicals, you're in for a treat.

..um, good luck finding it though.
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Breath Of Fire III or Valykrie Profile for ps1. For PS2 Grandia Xtreme or II
  • ERRORERROR Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Why not check out the RPGamer Awards 2003 for ideas.

You can get to it by clicking here.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cj_iwakura @ Feb. 25 2004,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Rhapsody(PS1). Under-appreciated, short, and lots of fun. Great story, too.. and if you like musicals, you're in for a treat.

..um, good luck finding it though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Over-appreciated, actually. And at the seventy something price-tag it generally is when it can be found, is way too pricey.

Dracos
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cj_iwakura @ Feb. 25 2004,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Rhapsody(PS1). Under-appreciated, short, and lots of fun. Great story, too.. and if you like musicals, you're in for a treat.

..um, good luck finding it though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    <span style='color:red'>Rhapsody for sale</span>
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • Lord SasaraiLord Sasarai Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    The Wild ARMs series are pretty good (puzzles galore)...Parasite Eve, if you like action/RPGs (though kinda short, but oh well). Also...Vagrant Story has a pretty good story. Oh, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is GREAT, and all action (with some RPG elements).
  • KujisagaKujisaga Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    stick with some classics man, straight up old school PSone:

Xenogears
    Star Ocean: The 2nd Story
    Chrono Cross
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

and a personal favorite.... Brave Fencer Musashi!

All these games are awesome, and you may never find them....but if you do, they're a must buy!
  • StarOceanStarOcean Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Star Ocean: Second Story, Flying Dragon 64 is part RPG part Fighting game and it is really fun too
  • tha1anonlyblitzace2thamaxtha1anonlyblitzace2thamax Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    bof 3,or if your lucky you can find a copy of lunar sliver star story.and if worse comes to worse play drakengard.
  • VrumugunVrumugun Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Any Breath of Fire, 3 especially... Or something like the Arc the Lad Collection followed with Arc the Lad: The Twilight of the Spirits... That's a good 150 hours of AtL and I personally got 120 hours out of a single playthrough of BoF 3 once : ) So yeah...
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    Suggestions, aye?

Depends. Which ones have you started, finished, loved, hated, etc?

Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete is good, as are 'The Legend of Dragoon' and the LOTR series (not an RPG series in any conventional sense of the term, but still fun). The original Star Ocean was also fun. If you have a mind for ROM's and know the right patches, give that a try too.
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    Shadow Hearts Is a great game and not many people give It the cool factor It deserves.