If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Grandia

2»

Comments

• cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I've yet to meet a single person who says otherwise. ..that can't be good.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    The Grandia series are "guilt games" for me. I had long been interested in getting both games, but Grandia I was too expensive and by the time I got my PS2 (I never had a Dreamcast), Grandia 2 was hard to find. I resigned myself to fate after searching for both games online one night.

The next day, I went to the mall and found KB Toys had put a ton of games on clearance. I bought the Bouncer and Grandia 2 for a total of $30.

While I was in Chicago last month for a Model United Nations conference, I found Grandia for $20. I bought it and found the price was actually $10. Great deal.

The thing is, I have yet to play more than 30 minutes combined of either game, as I have been playing FFX/ X-2 lately. I have yet to even encounter a battle in either game. Still, I will get around to playing them. Someday. I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    about the Grandia 2 PS2 port, the only good thing are the new cinematics, the battle system is kinda pixleated and doesnt render properly in some battles, and why moving your character around the field it lags, the Dreamcast version is esentially better although its worth palying the PS2 version if you wanna see the new cinematics. anyone played the PC version?

• GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cj_iwakura @ Mar. 09 2004,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I've yet to meet a single person who says otherwise. ..that can't be good.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I really think Xtreme is not as good as the old ones, but it is still a good game. People keep saying there is no story, but the story actually exists and is enough to keep you moving. Sure, you don't go on an epic adventure like the last games but the adventure in Xtreme is there. Trust me, give it a shot.

• cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I will try Xtreme eventually.. maybe when it's $9.99. smile.gif
    If only on general principle of my being a Grandia fan.

On a totally unrelated note, is The Bouncer worth getting? I've had my eye on it for a while, but I'm not sure if it merits owning..
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cj_iwakura @ Mar. 12 2004,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I will try Xtreme eventually.. maybe when it's $9.99. smile.gif

On a totally unrelated note, is The Bouncer worth getting? I've had my eye on it for a while, but I'm not sure if it merits owning..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Xtreme is too rare I dont think it will ever go down to 9.99
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cj_iwakura @ Mar. 12 2004,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I will try Xtreme eventually.. maybe when it's $9.99. smile.gif

On a totally unrelated note, is The Bouncer worth getting? I've had my eye on it for a while, but I'm not sure if it merits owning..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, Xtreme is pretty rare compared to most games. You can pick it up for about $29.99 at Gamestop, though.

Is The Bouncer worth getting? No.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    The Bouncer is pretty fun... I beat it twice and plan to beat it once or twice more... It's a very short game, though it does have a nice feature that is essentially a New Game Plus. I got my copy for $15 and was happy, as I had wanted the game for years.