If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

E3: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Media

Amish_ChiefAmish_Chief MemberFull Members
edited June 2004 in Latest Updates
Can you forgive Square Enix for stalling the NA release date of this title to August? ?Maybe not...but for the time being, go look at these screenshots.

Comments

• nectarsisnectarsis Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    been waiting patiently for this one...hope it's even half as good as 2 was alien.gif
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nectarsis @ May 13 2004,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"been waiting patiently for this one...hope it's even half as good as 2 was alien.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i hear ya. it's been looking so good and i've waited so long that i may lose my mind prior to getting it alien.gif If the delay hadn't been for the Director's Cut I would probably went on some psychotic rampage down the street until i got hit by a car (and where I live it'd happen too confused.gif )

From what I understand though the battle system is basically the same as SO2 (but in full 3D) and that alone would cause me to buy it. The battle system is just that fun for me (I swear someone made me mad once and I almost started yelling killer moves from the game since I had been playing it for hours on end. lol Fortunately I restrained myself from saying something like "Leaf Slash" ) laugh.gif
  • Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    All of tri-Ace's RPGs have been solid, so I'll definitely pick this one up.
  • lotoloto New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    My copy is reserved so, what about yours?
  • Options
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The third title in the Star Ocean series is ready to go for North America, as proved by these screenshots. Unlike last year, these ones are localized. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Am I missing something? These aren't localized at all.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (watcher @ May 14 2004,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nectarsis @ May 13 2004,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"been waiting patiently for this one...hope it's even half as good as 2 was alien.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i hear ya. it's been looking so good and i've waited so long that i may lose my mind prior to getting it ?alien.gif ?If the delay hadn't been for the Director's Cut I would probably went on some psychotic rampage down the street until i got hit by a car (and where I live it'd happen too confused.gif ?)

From what I understand though the battle system is basically the same as SO2 (but in full 3D) and that alone would cause me to buy it. The battle system is just that fun for me (I swear someone made me mad once and I almost started yelling killer moves from the game since I had been playing it for hours on end. lol Fortunately I restrained myself from saying something like "Leaf Slash" ) laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Do not belittle the great Ashton Anchors!!

Anyway, I'm still wondering how they'll make the PA system more practical and useful.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ May 14 2004,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Do not belittle the great Ashton Anchors!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Belittle him? no, i wouldn't do that....except maybe concerning his strange fascination with barrels (especially after having seen the anime) tounge.gif Other than that he was probably my favorite character.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Barrel Barrel.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I always did wonder what the hell was up with Ashton's obsession with barrels...

Didn't stop me from finding it amusing though. biggrin.gif

Barrel! Barrel!
    Barrel! Barrel!
    Barrel! Barrel!
    Barrel! Barrel!

tounge.gif
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DevilMayCareDevilMayCare Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    ..No matter how hard I've tried, I've been unable to turn Ashton's fascination for barrels into a dirty fetish.

I'm stumped.

I'll take suggestions.
  • KosmosfanKosmosfan Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    The delay may have been unforgivable but even so I still can't pass up on this awesome looking game...Star Ocean 3 has looked amazing for a long time now and I'm sucker for Sci-Fi and I like that this game looks to retain more of it's scifi setting than SO2 which I thought lost a bit too much of it's scifi edge and should have done a better job mixing the scifi and fantasy elements.

SO3 looks to be a much better fusion of both Sci-Fi and Fantasy both of which look to get their fair share of screentime and finally get to mesh together without one dominating (like in Xenogears).
  • AdemoSAdemoS New Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Nothing I can say except, I am holding back from looking at some of the screens so I can enjoy the game unspoiled, from begining to end.