If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Post Deletion

MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar CapturedFull Members
edited May 2004 in Site & Forum Support
I was wondering about something and I though it might be an idea for a topic. ?I have often thought it might be a good idea to allow members to delete our own posts. ?In the event of a double post, a member can delete a post without needing to bug a mod about it or have to edit it to note the fact. ?Sometime we might say something stupid (although not offensive) that we would rather delete than leave for posterity. ?I just think it might be an idea for you all to mull over.
LordBilbanes.png
Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Comments

• CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Then people start deleting posts cause they didn't look good or they didn't get the response they want.

If you have a deletion, bugging a mod is the easy way. The only problem right now is the fact our board has expired mods that no longer visit.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I view post deleting much the same way as I do topic deleting:

"Duplicate <s>topics</s>posts don't happen often at all, and that's pretty much the only reason <s>topics</s>posts <s>are</s>should be deleted around here. ?There're no shortage of people with the ability to do so when it does become necessary, and deletion of anything causes problems when it comes to rules enforcement and the public relations thereof (i.e. "Really, that guy made a really scummy <s>topic</s>post and then deleted it! ?I'm not just banning him because he dislikes Final Fantasy X-2!")."

As far as expired moderators go, I'm considering replacements for Viper now, since he quit. Everyone else is still keeping up just fine with moderation requests when I checked not too long ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2004
    I nominate myself for moderation of the Final Fantasy forum.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ May 26 2004,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I nominate myself for moderation of the Final Fantasy forum.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah.... we all KNOW how much you LOVE the topics on THAT forum. tounge.gif
  • Lucid DreamerLucid Dreamer Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    Yeah. I hardly ever see the alleged mods. In fact, I have only seen about three of them post. Ever.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited May 2004
    That's because most of them have since abandoned these boards. ?I think the only one of them who still visits these boards with anything approaching regularity is Generator. ?In any case, all the staff members have global mod powers. ?You could always PM one of them.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    A mod change is coming, obviously, as I have removed many of the non-staff moderators. Slowly, I will be readding moderators that both belong there as per their position here or wish to have that forum. After that, we will have assignments and possibly member moderators.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I think the only one of them who still visits these boards with anything approaching regularity is Generator.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I still check the boards just about daily (with the exception of the past two weeks, I was away from the house), but I just don't relate to most of the topics lately, so I don't reply. ?I'd say Ardea posts about as frequently as I do, as well..