If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mario and the greeny guy

2»

Comments

• SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    The only playable characters are Mario and Luigi, but there are a bunch of Yoshi's in the game, and Geno even makes a cameo (Didn't put that in spoilers b/b it really has nothing to do with the story). So yeah, there are a bunch of old characters making cameos.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    ...but none of that saves the game from its repetitive gameplay. I think Nintendo, or whichever developer, tried too hard.

• VermillionVermillion Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Feb. 04 2004,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...but none of that saves the game from its repetitive gameplay. I think Nintendo, or whichever developer, tried too hard.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Repetitive gameplay in a 40+ hour RPG may be a bad thing, but M&L's 20 hour story is just short enough to keep the simplicity from getting to you.

If anything, M&L's battle-system frees you from repetitively mashing "attack" in battles, it frees you from simply pressing a button to execute monster attacks, and it keeps you focused on the action. If anything, M&L's few innovations are designed to keep the RPG genres most repetitive aspects, random battles, involving and fresh.

Though I agree, the overworld and adventure puzzles are nothing to gawk about.

Carmine M. Red
    Kairon@aol.com
  • SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    While some of the platform puzzles, such as the mirrors in the university, did tend to drag out a bit, I thought the fantastic battles more than made up for it.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Repetitive gameplay in a 40+ hour RPG may be a bad thing, but M&L's 20 hour story is just short enough to keep the simplicity from getting to you.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Sure seems like 40+ hours! I bought this game 2 weeks ago and I'm not even halfway!