The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Mario Kart: Double Dash! bonus disc

AshgadAshgad MemberFull Members
edited November 2003 in Role Playing Games
According to IGN, the Gamecube bonus disc that purchasers of MK:DD will receive when they pick up their shiny new kart game will also unlock exclusive content on Fire Emblem via the GCN/GBA link cable. ?This is all fine and dandy with me, since I'm gonna buy both of those games anyways. ?What does everyone else think?

Link to full story: http://pocket.ign.com/articles/453/453644p1.html

Comments

• lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm actually a bit annoyed. Now I feel pressured to go out and pre-order this game instead of just slowly saving up for it ;)
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Works for me, since I'm getting both...

And anyway, it seems that Mario Kart: DD bonus disc will unlock the same things in English FE that linking up the Japanese carts of FE6 and FE7 (the one we're getting) did - extra weapons, abilities (according to GameStop, but I don't recall any), additional music and I'm hoping for more CG scenes, which you could get with linking the imports.

And I own both imports, but can't link because I only have one GBA. =P So I'm glad they were able to do this for the English version.
  • espenbjespenbj New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Nice
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Didn't pay attention to which forum you were posting in?
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Didn't pay attention to which forum you were posting in?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Um, the primary topic of this thread is Fire Emblem, which I believe is a Handheld RPG.
  • AshgadAshgad Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The point of this thread is the Fire Emblem GBA content that happens to be on the MK:DD bonus disc.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    My mistake. I didn't look closely enough at the thread.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I really want the extra content, and the demos but i dont have plans or the money the get Mario cart. Does anyone know of a way for me to get the demo disk with out having to reserve or buy Mario Cart?? Also iv been looking around but i cant seem to find the official Fire Emblem site. Anyone know where it is??
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Does anyone know of a way for me to get the demo disk with out having to reserve or buy Mario Cart??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, wait for it to come out, then buy it on eBay.
    edited October 2003
    thanks for the tip, but will i end up paying more than i should for it??
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Probably, but you're the one who wants to buy a demo disc.
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    English Site...

http://fireemblem.gameboy.com/prelaunch/index.html

Very little there though. Some screens, which, I'm sorry, make the game look TERRIBLE. I promise you the game looks a lot better on your actual GBA.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/index.html

That's the Japanese site, if you can read it. If not, there's lots of character art.

I love official Japanese sites. There's always so much more than on official English ones.
  • lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    That's for sure. The official english sites are always downright pitiful.
    edited November 2003
    Speaking of crappy english sites, the release of Fire Emblem is a day a way and there is still no real english site up and running. Im starting to think that there might not be one. How sad.